Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Part Time Jobs?

Default Part Time Jobs?

I'm trying to get a deposit saved up for a house and could do with an extra job to give me a boost, I currently work Monday to Friday 9-5 and so would be looking to work evenings and weekends..

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any part time jobs that might be going around the Nottingham area? Or where they might be advertised?

I've had a good look about today and don't seem to be able to find many for evening / weekends.. I think a lot if part time jobs are down to word of mouth..

Would appreciate any help, thanks..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Part Time Jobs?

I doubt you're gonna find an actual job offer on here, but the obvious advice is to look for bar work. It suits your hours and it's the type of thing you could pick up for a few months and then leave when ready without too much hassle. Gumtree is a good start, and then it wouldn't hurt to go old school with the old CV.

I think you'd be surprised at how successful you'll be by just turning up in a position of strength, what with already having a job and showing yourself to be very employable. I've secured bar work this way before, turned up and asked to see the manager, although that was pre-recession, but just tell them everything they want to hear. Also bars generally have a very high turnover of staff so I'd imagine it's your best bet. Just don't get bladdered after your shifts and jeopardize job number 1!

Signing off, Martin Lewis

Weltmeister

Try Wetherspoons - they have pubs all over the place and are often looking for staff.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Take a refereeing course. Not sure how they pay in the UK for non pro types, but I clear anywhere from $22 an hour to $38 an hour(that's beyond taxes) depending upon the level of game here in Edmonton.

You'll get exercise, you'll gain a greater knowledge of the game (honestly) and the challenges are there almost every time you hit the pitch. U-12 and U-14s and most women's games excepted. The top level women are still fairly tough, because they know when you screw up. They just don't jump on you with near the intensity of even the lowest level mens games. Guys constantly do stupid shit that will challenge you.

The toughest games for him, are collision between different mentalities. WE have a very large melting pot in Edmonton, large communities of Salvadorians, Chileans, Jamaicans, East Indians, Croatians, Serbs, Bosnians, Englishers, Irish, Germans, Scots, French, Columbians, Chinese. Koreans, Iraqis, Persians....etc...you get the picture. When I've got, say, Irish against Salvadorians, these are very tough. Two opposing mentalities.

Banned

How about a slug catcher?

Are there any events centres in near you that host weddings, dinners etc? If there are it would be worth checking them out, they often have good hours late at night. Due to it not being set hours, they often employ lots of staff and you can pick and choose your shifts, this could involve setting up, waiting or bar work. he only problem is you may not get consistent shifts.

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTom View Post
    I'm trying to get a deposit saved up for a house and could do with an extra job to give me a boost, I currently work Monday to Friday 9-5 and so would be looking to work evenings and weekends..

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of any part time jobs that might be going around the Nottingham area? Or where they might be advertised?

I've had a good look about today and don't seem to be able to find many for evening / weekends.. I think a lot if part time jobs are down to word of mouth..

Would appreciate any help, thanks..
    Hand or Blow? Try Forest fields

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    How about a slug catcher?
    Yeah - 8balluk needs someone to wrangle slugs in his garden and will pay you admirably... possibly

nffc1991 is moving out and needs an accountant

Ray Von needs a baker

Andy! needs putting out of his misery

BloodyHell needs putting out of our misery

Tesco pay £7.59 an hour, they always need people on weekends.

http://stores.tesco-careers.com/jobsearch.cfm

On the less sophisticated side of the Midlands

I'd consider the Army Reserve (was the Territorial Army). Bags of training, you attend one evening a week and largely do the weekends that suit you. There's a good variety of units around Nottingham so there is likely something you'll be up for. If you can't drive they will probably teach you and may even take you up to HGV.

You get Army rates of pay + an annual tax free lump sum if you meet your training commitment.

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/gen..._of_Pay_TA.pdf

Last edited by rogerthecat; 17-07-13 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    I'd consider the Army Reserve (was the Territorial Army). Bags of training, you attend one evening a week and largely do the weekends that suit you. There's a good variety of units around Nottingham so there is likely something you'll be up for. If you can't drive they will probably teach you and may even take you up to HGV.

You get Army rates of pay + an annual tax free lump sum if you meet your training commitment.

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/gen..._of_Pay_TA.pdf
    Yeah. And the next time the USA decide to eff with someone , you can over there and fight them for pretty much no good reason. You'll be amongst the first to go. Free airfare and food.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHoSpiKe View Post

Yeah - 8balluk needs someone to wrangle slugs in his garden and will pay you admirably... possibly

nffc1991 is moving out and needs an accountant

Ray Von needs a baker

Andy! needs putting out of his misery

BloodyHell needs putting out of our misery
    I'm not miserable, bored cos ive got to stay off my foot but not miserable.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post
    Yeah. And the next time the USA decide to eff with someone , you can over there and fight them for pretty much no good reason. You'll be amongst the first to go. Free airfare and food.
    Take it you are not one of the thousands of Canadians that honour their dead so well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario...hway_of_Heroes

It's RedTom's choice. He can work in Tesco every weekend or he can enjoy himself, see a bit of the UK and Europe, get plenty of weekends off, possibly learn a useful trade etc.....

Sure I do. My uncle Bud was shot down over France in WW II. MY Dad served 25 years in the Air Force. Mom spent time (in the air force) as meteorologist in Germany in the late 50s and early 60s, and probably somehow was involved in using weather balloons to spy on whomever over there. IT was one of her manifestations during her last years as dementia crept in (Mom passed in Jan 2012...last year was a blur and not my best year of my existence). My Uncle Doug was a Lt. Colonel and just missed being a snowbird. I'd never join, but certainly respect those who fight for our philosophy. WWII was a legit fight to go to. I can't say that about a lot of crap the USA has stuck their nose into since WWII.

^ I'd agree but it's not the fault of your, our or the US's squaddies though.

Reservist is a decent part time job to consider. It's flexible and a lot more rewarding than shelf stacking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rogerthecat View Post
    ^ I'd agree but it's not the fault of your, our or the US's squaddies though.

Reservist is a decent part time job to consider. It's flexible and a lot more rewarding than shelf stacking
    True - but with the cutbacks more likely to be sent to fight

The TA also pay for stuff like HGV licenses, PSV licenses (do you drive minibuses and other stuff on the road) do you get skills you can use on civie street

Quote Originally Posted by TribalWars View Post
    True - but with the cutbacks more likely to be sent to fight
    Thats true. A member of my team at work did an Afghan tour last autumn where he did get a few rounds off at the enemy. He says he wouldn't have missed it for the world but he was lucky and didn't get wounded.

The TA also pay for stuff like HGV licenses, PSV licenses (do you drive minibuses and other stuff on the road) do you get skills you can use on civie street
    Never known anyone get a PSV licence but plenty have got HGV, HAZMAT certificates, Heavy plant training etc. The lad above is trained as a replacement Challenger gunner. Not much call for that in his civilian job but more interesting than stacking beans.

Its the Army Reserve now not that TA - or at at least will be soon

I considered joining whilst we were saving but the missis dad helped out to stop me joining!

Retained firefighter is you live close to a station is also a good shout! If not bar work!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    Its the Army Reserve now not that TA - or at at least will be soon

I considered joining whilst we were saving but the missis dad helped out to stop me joining!

Retained firefighter is you live close to a station is also a good shout! If not bar work!
    When I was in the TA it wasn't a reserve force it is part of the army ;or that's what I was told;

When I left I went on the reserve list - which meant I could be called up in extreme circumstances.

The reserves is separate from the TA

When I was in the TA it wasn't a reserve force it is part of the army ;or that's what I was told;

When I left I went on the reserve list - which meant I could be called up in extreme circumstances.

http://news.sky.com/story/1110854/ta...given-benefits Yeah its all changing now
    "Under the plans, the Territorial Army will become the Army Reserve, with members given 10% more training and better equipment."
    Basically because they will be more and more important with cuts to the regular army, we are basically getting rid of our standing army!

#FindElaine

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    http://news.sky.com/story/1110854/ta...given-benefits Yeah its all changing now
    "Under the plans, the Territorial Army will become the Army Reserve, with members given 10% more training and better equipment."
    Basically because they will be more and more important with cuts to the regular army, we are basically getting rid of our standing army!
    Your both right, the reserve list is what regulars get placed on if they leave the service before the end of their 'colour service' (22/24 years for the Army) but since the Army2020 announcements the TA is to be renamed the Army Reserve to bring it in line with the RAF Reserve, the RN Reserve and to try and make the members of the TA/Army Reserve feel more of a part of the 'One Army' ethos.

The way the plans have been set out the Reserve wouldn't be the 1st out the door should anything kick off. The strike brigades 16 (Airborne/Air Assault)and 3 Commando plus one or two others will be on constant notice to move to react to any situation that presents itself with-in 7 days.

After the initial operation when we are on stabilisation operations then the other brigades composed of regular troops with Reserve elements (in the Engineers that is a regular HQ squadron, 2 x regular Armoured/Field squadrons & 1 or 2 x Reserve Armoured/Field squadrons) then take over.

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

In Tesco you can fuck off home when you finish your shift.

Victor Meldrew

In Asda when it's really hot, you can work in the freezers.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatoli View Post
    In Asda when it's really hot, you can work in the freezers.
    I tend to loiter in the freezers at Tesco, working would mean I am actually earning my money.

Can't have that.