Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Just got in from my kids sports day

Shocking perfomance in the Sprint (most important race in the sports day calendar) He was arguing with the lad next to him, Missed the start completely and then ran in the most ridiculous diagonal direction adding another 10-15 yards on his running distance. I said 'why didn't you run in a straight line?' he said "Cos Mrs Carr is over the other side and she gives out the stickers and sweets"

One of the parents stood pretty close to me made a real point of switching off his video camera at the end of the race and gave me daggers.... Infact it was this face ..I uttered to myself and assumed it was discrete and inaudible "What.. the.. fucking 'ell.. is.. he.. doing.. ?" comment that may have been just a tad louder than I intended which caused his reaction...

Missus has been giving me grief since we have got back, "He did his best" she said... He came first in the oooh so important egg and spoon race

Livid at the minute! Going to take him out for a game of cricket in a wee while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Just got in from my kids sports day

At least it was a competitive sports day - a lot of schools now are going for the non-competitive everyones a winner days that is the main reason why we are so crap at sports in this country

Put him in a sack with a few bricks and let the Trent deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Put him in a sack with a few bricks and let the Trent deal with him.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    At least it was a competitive sports day - a lot of schools now are going for the non-competitive everyones a winner days that is the main reason why we are so crap at sports in this country
    Went to my lads last week an it was an Olympic Games theme with mini games.

Was quite good until the parents race. Where I ran too fast for my feet and ended up on crossing the line with a forward roll 😳

Quote Originally Posted by arabian_nights View Post
    Shocking perfomance in the Sprint (most important race in the sports day calendar) He was arguing with the lad next to him, Missed the start completely and then ran in the most ridiculous diagonal direction adding another 10-15 yards on his running distance. I said 'why didn't you run in a straight line?' he said "Cos Mrs Carr is over the other side and she gives out the stickers and sweets"

One of the parents stood pretty close to me made a real point of switching off his video camera at the end of the race and gave me daggers.... Infact it was this face ..I uttered to myself and assumed it was discrete and inaudible "What.. the.. fucking 'ell.. is.. he.. doing.. ?" comment that may have been just a tad louder than I intended which caused his reaction...

Missus has been giving me grief since we have got back, "He did his best" she said... He came first in the oooh so important egg and spoon race

Livid at the minute! Going to take him out for a game of cricket in a wee while...
    It's perhaps this kind of tough love approach that's got him to where he is in the world of junior track and field

Quote Originally Posted by 8balluk View Post

Was quite good until the parents race. Where I ran too fast for my feet and ended up on crossing the line with a forward roll ��
    But did you win? If so then it was all worth it

We had a staff rounders game at work to boost moral and there was a cocky guy who was calling all the shots, i caught him out and everyone just stopped as the ball was hit so hard everyone thought it was game over for me, i smiled and said "i was going to catch that ball, even if it broke every bone in my hand" and tried to act all cool, inside i was dying of agony and my hand had felt like i had touched the devils bum hole on curry night!

I came second and finished up with a calf and hamstring injury. 😁

This^ I had a real bust up with my youngest's Head Mistress when my daughter (then 5 and half, and not generally what you would call someone with athletic potential) slaughtered the field in the 25 metres, and they all got the same certificate saying "Everyone's a Winner"
    And why is it always a bloody Head Mistress that comes up with such banal ideas as "Everyone's a Winner"?
    Life is all about winners and losers... let 'em learn early that to win you have to be better than the rest.
    You wouldn't get a Head Master doing that (unless they were a member of the Gay fraternity, in which case they would probably not have a sports day).

Have you considered performance-enhancing substances? All the best athletes are on them!

Better Call Saul!

This thread is classic!

Banned

Our youngest at his sports day all got a winners medal just for taking part. no wonder there's so many fat, feckless little tossers waddling about these days. I only want the winners medal, Told him if he comes 2nd or worse he'll be doing a 20 mile run with a tractor tyre tied to him while i'm sat in it when I get in from work...

"but he's only 5 and he hasn't even had his tea yet!"

"My arse!"

They also use foam javelins!!! foam javelins ffs!!

Just been playing cricket at my mums and dads.. The one who bottled it in the sprint was most put out that I softened him up with a couple of bouncers and was bowling off a full run up !

I also made him go next door to ask for the ball when I slogged it for a six

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    This^ I had a real bust up with my youngest's Head Mistress when my daughter (then 5 and half, and not generally what you would call someone with athletic potential) slaughtered the field in the 25 metres, and they all got the same certificate saying "Everyone's a Winner"
    And why is it always a bloody Head Mistress that comes up with such banal ideas as "Everyone's a Winner"?
    Life is all about winners and losers... let 'em learn early that to win you have to be better than the rest.
    You wouldn't get a Head Master doing that (unless they were a member of the Gay fraternity, in which case they would probably not have a sports day).
    Hope you gave her major shit! I remember my mate had a right go at a head teacher a few years back. It was a 75m sprint for 8-9 year olds, and his lad was black and fast. Definite winning opportunity . At the start and this young lad was hobbling down to the start having to be helped to walk. A late injury we assumed, shame for the kid I thought Then he gets to 15 metres from the finish line, and stops there. What's going on here we said to each other? This lad has problems with his legs and can't run, so they're giving him a head start

He wins, of course. Though mates lad makes it a close race. Now I'm no Glenn Hoddle, but what is the point of entering someone who can't run in a fucking sprint race?? Let everyone join in by all means, but let's be sensible about it. Fuming my mate was and after a heated discussion was banned from attending future sports days!!

Banned

Got to ask.....was the sports day for you or your son ?.

Primary school sports days are a joke.

The secondary school that I teach at still takes it seriously which is good to see. Obviously I have to play the whole "as long as everyone tries their best, thats all that matters card" but deep down when I watch my form they're essentially competing to see who will get the best report card home from me at the end of the year. Second place is no place!

Do they still do the egg and spoon race?

I've never actually seen one.

Our's is run as a proper athletics meeting. We have 1500, 800, 400 (300 for year 7 and 8 because UK athletics changed the rules which is fair enough as 400 is always the toughest event, 200 and 100 with all of the field events. The whole school come out and watch in the afternoon, it's really nice.

Its even better when the teachers get together and open a book on who is going to win. It's like a night at the dogs!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    Primary school sports days are a joke.

The secondary school that I teach at still takes it seriously which is good to see. Obviously I have to play the whole "as long as everyone tries their best, thats all that matters card" but deep down when I watch my form they're essentially competing to see who will get the best report card home from me at the end of the year. Second place is no place!
    I think that at primary school age, a littl compition is great for development of character, winning, losing and taking part etc etc, all the kids to be encouraged with the obvious winners receiving due credit, the other children receiving some form of encouragement for taking part.

Secondary schools are animals of a different nature, where various kids abilities are able to shine in so many different ways, sports day should be serious!.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Ninja View Post
    Have you considered performance-enhancing substances? All the best athletes are on them!
    😂😂

Btw are my smiley faces showing?

Hope you gave her major shit! I remember my mate had a right go at a head teacher a few years back. It was a 75m sprint for 8-9 year olds, and his lad was black and fast. Definite winning opportunity . At the start and this young lad was hobbling down to the start having to be helped to walk. A late injury we assumed, shame for the kid I thought Then he gets to 15 metres from the finish line, and stops there. What's going on here we said to each other? This lad has problems with his legs and can't run, so they're giving him a head start

He wins, of course. Though mates lad makes it a close race. Now I'm no Glenn Hoddle, but what is the point of entering someone who can't run in a fucking sprint race?? Let everyone join in by all means, but let's be sensible about it. Fuming my mate was and after a heated discussion was banned from attending future sports days!!
    Lmfao

This thread is awesome

I'm crying

Lmfao

This thread is awesome

I'm crying
    There is no smiley in your post to show it.

Lies

We always take bets on winners for our sports days! We also pick the kids out who will enter the shot put etc (the fat ones who will do anything to avoid running).
    Ours was done in form tutors, with each tutor losing 10 points for having someone in their class not enter, so i forced my kids to do everything so we didnt lose any points and picked up points all over the shop, where as other form tutors (art/music/dance/drama teachers (I am a PE teacher)) let students choose.....choose? Needles to say my form won through fear of not winning and the consequences it would have, I danced a lap of the track in celebration followed by my tutor group, everyone else thought i was a bad winner, especially when i brought it up in our rewards assembly...the school messaging system and several staff emails...

Banned

Was quite good until the parents race. Where I ran too fast for my feet and ended up on crossing the line with a forward roll ��

Banned

We always take bets on winners for our sports days! We also pick the kids out who will enter the shot put etc (the fat ones who will do anything to avoid running).
    Ours was done in form tutors, with each tutor losing 10 points for having someone in their class not enter, so i forced my kids to do everything so we didnt lose any points and picked up points all over the shop, where as other form tutors (art/music/dance/drama teachers (I am a PE teacher)) let students choose.....choose? Needles to say my form won through fear of not winning and the consequences it would have, I danced a lap of the track in celebration followed by my tutor group, everyone else thought i was a bad winner, especially when i brought it up in our rewards assembly...the school messaging system and several staff emails...
    Dynamo Digby trying to impress Miss Titly springs to mind !.