Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharp

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Billy Sharp - not in Davies' plans.

As someone suggested earlier, this is a pretty safe punt for the Star.

Even if Southampton are willing to accept £1m or whatever for him, it looks as though they're also going to have to come to an agreement with him over the remainder of his contract in order to tempt potential buyers.

If it's true that he is on £20k-plus per week, it's in his interest to sit tight.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    That picture from your hard drive Kev?
    It's in 'my documents' under folder name 'days out' password protected.

Easy to find if you have access to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeII View Post
    Easy to find if you have access to twitter

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    When something you value comes up for sale, it's unusual to hang around. The fact that we do not appear to have made any offer for Sharp suggests we have other plans.

As much as I like him, I'd be happy to put the cash towards something more prolific on the front line.

£1.2m For Sharp, that's a bargain especially when you consider we paid £1.1 for McGoldrick.

Senior Doom Monger

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von View Post
    £1.2m For Sharp, that's a bargain especially when you consider we paid £1.1 for McGoldrick.
    ...also from Southampton.
    Maybe Billy D is once bitten, twice shy.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    ...also from Southampton.
    Maybe Billy D is once bitten, twice shy.
    Oh Yeah, didn't notice the Southampton connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Von View Post
    Ah yes, Billy 'I was never properly backed' Davies, who was allowed to splurge £1.1m on McGoldrick who was shite and he never played.

I think we should buy him if he's only £1.2 million, not really a gamble is it.

I'm sceptical at the source being The Daily Star, however he's been available to buy ever since last season ended and there's been no hint of movement on our part so I don't think we'll be signing him.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Ah yes, Billy 'I was never properly backed' Davies, who was allowed to splurge £1.1m on McGoldrick who was shite and he never played.

*waits for big jay's response*

As other have said I imagine Sharp was sulking a little from SODs departure and since never got a real look in. Im happy BD is back but he can be very stubborn. I remember my reaction when Sharp first joined. Not many better at this level and I reckon he is very unlucky not to have been given a shot in the EPL. I wish him all the best... top lad

He's good

But he's no Earnshaw (who was used sparingly during BD's last season)

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by DillyBavies View Post
    I think we should buy him if he's only £1.2 million, not really a gamble is it.
    ......and pay him whatever he and his agent are demanding. Yes, makes sense.

Can't believe some people are happy we're not after Mr Sharp. £1.2m, for a proven goalscorer at this level? When we've given extensions to Henderson and Tudgay?

Doesn't matter if we're looking for "better quality" - Sharp is better than what we've got already and could play alongside this "better quality" player. Can't help but feel whoever picks him up are gonna have their season massively improved by his goals alone.

Abingdon, Oxon but always a Kirkby-in-Ashfield boy....

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Can't believe some people are happy we're not after Mr Sharp. £1.2m, for a proven goalscorer at this level? When we've given extensions to Henderson and Tudgay?

Doesn't matter if we're looking for "better quality" - Sharp is better than what we've got already and could play alongside this "better quality" player. Can't help but feel whoever picks him up are gonna have their season massively improved by his goals alone.
    amen bro....amen

In the words of Michael Holding - 'I am perplexed'

Rice 34

The chaps over at vital have been reporting this has been a done deal since the season ended though? What's the hold up!?

Zycomm Two Way Radio

Too true, I can see this coming back to haunt us. He was a fans favorite last season even when he wasn't playing.

Guess it's something that's non-football related. But he seems keen to come back so either Billy or Fawaz ain't happy with something.

I can't see a reason for a hold up....

I agree

I'm sure most people on here would agree Sharp is a better striker than Henderson or Tudgay and would of finished with more goals last season if he had had better service and more time on the pitch. But although he sounds a bargain at the reported asking price there is no point signing a player who is going to demand a wage comparable to his Southampton contract (which is probably the same as Tudgay & Henderson's combined) over a multi year contract if the guy who picks the team doesn't fancy him.

If we ask Fawaz enough on twitter he might sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by poole_red View Post
    I'm sure most people on here would agree Sharp is a better striker than Henderson or Tudgay and would of finished with more goals last season if he had had better service and more time on the pitch. But although he sounds a bargain at the reported asking price there is no point signing a player who is going to demand a wage comparable to his Southampton contract (which is probably the same as Tudgay & Henderson's combined) over a multi year contract if the guy who picks the team doesn't fancy him.
    This. It's all just too easy for some without actually taking anything that might go against their view into consideration. Footy Manager heroes.