Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Billy's 2nd Choice

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    And of course whilst ever a footballer can pick up more money in the reserves of a Premier League side than playing every week for a Championship club, what chance do most clubs at our level have of attracting the real talent?
    Would you want to attract that kind of talent though? I'd rather have a player like Jose Baxter who's full of talent but still dropped down the leagues and probably took quite a substantial pay cut to actually play some football. Not some greedy, prima donna who doesn't care and has no passion for playing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Problem is, Cox gets injured and our 'mobile' striker count is down to zero.
    Bionic man he could break his leg one Saturday and be in the squad for the game on the following Tuesday.

How many did marlon and johno score between em in the play of season sure it was near 40

Interesting. Fans want top quality players, but trying to persuade top quality players to come to a Championship club is difficult. Fans then complain we're being stingy, not having the ability to attract the better players and amateurish. With no evidence, of course.

I wonder how these perfectionists manage in our imperfect world?

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Interesting. Fans want top quality players, but trying to persuade top quality players to come to a Championship club is difficult. Fans then complain we're being stingy, not having the ability to attract the better players and amateurish. With no evidence, of course.

I wonder how these perfectionists manage in our imperfect world?
    Seeing as you are talking on other peoples/ MY behalf, may I edit that slightly?

"Fans want ... quality players, but trying to persuade ... quality players to come to a Championship club is difficult. Fans only start thinking we are signing TOP quality players when people linked to the owners start tweeting as such. When these signings never come off some of the fans then complain we're being stingy, not having the ability to attract the better players and amateurish. With ... evidence as most other clubs don't have the owners mate/ son tweeting about incoming signings which, through what ever reason, fail to completed"

Quote Originally Posted by The_City_Is_Ours View Post
    Seeing as you are talking on other peoples/ MY behalf, may I edit that slightly?

"Fans want ... quality players, but trying to persuade ... quality players to come to a Championship club is difficult. Fans only start thinking we are signing TOP quality players when people linked to the owners start tweeting as such. When these signings never come off some of the fans then complain we're being stingy, not having the ability to attract the better players and amateurish. With ... evidence as most other clubs don't have the owners mate/ son tweeting about incoming signings which, through what ever reason, fail to completed"
    The original was a more natural read imo.