Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Default Re: Billy's 2nd Choice

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Our strikeforce is so lacklustre the thought of Tudgay playing and scoring 1 in 5 like he has done all his career makes me want to be sick
    A footballer makes you sick, really?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    good thinking - all we have to do is make a definite plan to win every single game from january onwards and its sorted - not sure what all the fuss is about ...
    What, as opposed to panicking like a fanny because we might not have one player in the side?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    Well no, as both dex and earnie were there at the start of the season, so it actually suggests, on the contrary, that it's very important to have everything you want in place on the first day.

(that starting line up you posted was just billy trying to be clever on the first day, but he soon reverted to dex and earnie)
    So Dex & Earnie constitute as an entire line-up now do they?

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 11-07-13 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Yes but that lineup took time to develop, which is my entire point about not worrying about having a striker there on day 1 of the season.

Do you get me now?

To be fair Puds Blackstock scored 8 in 16 under Cotterill's shite management and played a lot of games in two top 6 finishes - IMO he's become massively underrated just because of a few dodgy months. Still no world beater, but capable at this level with the right service.

And that's the thing, I've never said that at all I'm saying we've enough to get through to Jan and stay within touching distance.
    The likes of Bolton, QPR, Reading, Watford and Wigan will be miles in front of us by that time. Any of the better players available in Jan will be snapped up by those teams with a realistic chance of promotion. We will not be one of those teams if we go in to the season with the core of a squad that was lucky to finish 8th and STILL lack any real wingers (Patterson may come good, he may not)

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by The_City_Is_Ours View Post
    The likes of Bolton, QPR, Reading, Watford and Wigan will be miles in front of us by that time. Any of the better players available in Jan will be snapped up by those teams with a realistic chance of promotion. We will not be one of those teams if we go in to the season with the core of a squad that was lucky to finish 8th and STILL lack any real wingers (Patterson may come good, he may not)
    We'll see I guess.

But to extend my point, who's to say we can't get a loan striker in before Jan then sign him permanently?

Like I've said, panicking that we've not landed a striker today is silly.

How many of you are forgetting that FAH has stated, and reiterated, that this is a 3-5 year plan? It's been 1 year and we narrowly missed out on the PO despite a first half of a season which was full of inconsistency and chopping and changing of staff etc. People are under the illusion that if we don't sign a 20+ goal striker before the Hudders game then thats it. We have another 2-4 years to get there, and in that time we will.

Be patient.

Not that type of player

Keeping in touch would probably mean we'd be challenging for the playoffs again rather than automatic, which is what we should be (and almost certainly are) targeting.

In terms of strikers - Cox is quality, Henderson is the target man & a proven goal scorer at this level, and Tudgay is the reliable warhorse. Beyond that Dex is an all rounder but nothing special and the other two are history. Ideally we need a couple more but especially a quick player. If we sign a couple of quick wingers then that may solve the pace problem.

Stand Firm And Strike Hard

Quote Originally Posted by East Red View Post
    How many of you are forgetting that FAH has stated, and reiterated, that this is a 3-5 year plan? It's been 1 year and we narrowly missed out on the PO despite a first half of a season which was full of inconsistency and chopping and changing of staff etc. People are under the illusion that if we don't sign a 20+ goal striker before the Hudders game then thats it. We have another 2-4 years to get there, and in that time we will.
    Be patient.
    I appreciate your point, but as a football club we need to be looking to improve each year, and last season we made a dramatic late charge for the play-off places. Next season we need our squad to be around those play-off places for most of the season pushing for the automatic promotion. Our strikers last season didn't score that many goals, and the only one that did, has left us, so how can we improve if we're taking steps backwards?

I think everyone just needs to calm down a little.

Banned

i want hooper or Austin to sign but lets be cereal here i think sharp would be a amazing signing but if not him maybe vaz te.

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Keeping in touch would probably mean we'd be challenging for the playoffs again rather than automatic, which is what we should be (and almost certainly are) targeting.

In terms of strikers - Cox is quality, Henderson is the target man & a proven goal scorer at this level, and Tudgay is the reliable warhorse. Beyond that Dex is an all rounder but nothing special and the other two are history. Ideally we need a couple more but especially a quick player. If we sign a couple of quick wingers then that may solve the pace problem.
    How can Tudgay be reliable with a worse scoring record than Dexter but Dexter be nothing special there both tripe but at least Dexter can hold a ball up, Tudgay literally offers nothing as a striker. Im not sticking up for Dex if it was up to me they would both be off and I would invest in younger more proven strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nffc View Post
    but lets be cereal here
    Kellogs.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post

Like I've said, panicking that we've not landed a striker today is silly.
    I definatly agree with this but for me we cant wait till january to improve. While we will never flirt with relegation i think not improving up front will mean another wasted season in this league through sheer lack of goals. We were severely lacking goals at certain points in the season and in losing sharp (11) and google (9) thats 20 goals we havent replaced yet.

I aint worried yet but i will be aug 3rd if we aint improved.

Not that type of player

How can Tudgay be reliable with a worse scoring record than Dexter but Dexter be nothing special there both tripe but at least Dexter can hold a ball up, Tudgay literally offers nothing as a striker. Im not sticking up for Dex if it was up to me they would both be off and I would invest in younger more proven strikers.
    I didn't say Tudgay was a goal scorer just that he works hard and is consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I appreciate your point, but as a football club we need to be looking to improve each year, and last season we made a dramatic late charge for the play-off places. Next season we need our squad to be around those play-off places for most of the season pushing for the automatic promotion. Our strikers last season didn't score that many goals, and the only one that did, has left us, so how can we improve if we're taking steps backwards?
    I wouldn't say we've taken any steps backwards. We've secured 2 full backs on permanent deals (which this time last season was a preposterous thought), a decent striker at this level, an exciting winger/forward in Patterson and an experienced GK? There will be more signings to come which can only strengthen the squad.

But as things stand, with the addition of a new CB we should around the play offs again anyway.

I thought Derbyshire was going to be our 20 goal man anyway? Matty D knows where the net is.

Banned

i read this as billy sharp is 2nd choice so it must be sharp tomorrow 4 in the afternoon

Dearie me, folk writing off the season before any fooker kicks a ball yet again

Every year a bunch of teams, including the newly relegated, gets tipped to blow the league away between them and it never happens.

Billys team will be in touching distance of playoffs at the very least, for most of the season - if we want to predict the likely then this is it folks. Fuck Wigan fuck QPR fuck them all, cos we are NOTTINGHAM FOREST! /rant

We're going up as champions with Matty D as top scorer and George Boateng close behind

Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    I didn't say Tudgay was a goal scorer just that he works hard and is consistent.
    Consisent at what or even how is he reliable? If you want players to run round stick Cohen up front, Tudgay is 1 in 5 in his career with less assists and is physically smaller the Blackstock. Just the terms consistent or reliable that get me thats all McGugan scored more and got more assists and did it by running less probably shows how bad Tudgay is that he has to work hard just to offer anything.

Not that type of player

Quote Originally Posted by Nffc View Post
    i read this as billy sharp is 2nd choice so it must be sharp tomorrow 4 in the afternoon
    I wouldn't be against it if we also signed a player like Madden, followed by two pacey wingers.

Lets not forget that Cox scored over 30 in a season in League One. With the right service he could deliver the goods

Cox will be pivotal to our success next season I think anyway. With better service and bit more luck, he has the potential to be our "20 goal" man. The guy oozes class, and should be the 1st player on the team sheet week in week out imo

We need Robbie Findley back

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Lets not forget that Cox scored over 30 in a season in League One. With the right service he could deliver the goods
    Ah, beat me to it

Not that type of player

Consisent at what or even how is he reliable? If you want players to run round stick Cohen up front, Tudgay is 1 in 5 in his career with less assists and is physically smaller the Blackstock. Just the terms consistent or reliable that get me thats all McGugan scored more and got more assists and did it by running less probably shows how bad Tudgay is that he has to work hard just to offer anything.
    It's all about how the team performs overall not individual stats necessarily. People are too obsessed by stats these days. Tudgay offers something different with his pressing, closing down and work rate that the others don't.
    And anyway, the fact that Billy offered him a new contract means he'll be playing a part this season.