Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Blackstock

Default Dexter Blackstock

Linked with Huddersfield on twitter @FL_Transfers

Not sure of the source, but claims Billy would sell at the right price to fund moves.

I personally would be sorry to see him go, but more because of his general likeability as opposed to his footballing ability.

For me it would depend on who we have lined up as a replacement for him as to whether I would be happy to see him go. Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Dexter Blackstock

Although he's a great guy and has shown great commitment to Forest, I can't help but feel it was a big mistake to sign him up on such a long contract and showed a lack of ambition to be honest as he's very average at best unfortunately. If we could get such cash in the transfer kitty, and Dex is happy to move on, then I would be all for it!

Wouldn't believe anything really until Fawaz tweets it.

Rice 34

I would say this is probably rubbish give it is a random feed but if we upgrade our strike force in every way (and only then) he could go for me, the length of his contract makes it unlikely though, unless a player admits he wants to leave a club then a player's contract has to be paid up.

Last edited by Beasty; 04-06-13 at 13:26.
    Zycomm Two Way Radio

Looked really good when he came back for injury under Cotts. Doesn't look like he'll ever become a prolific scorer but would be a little sad to see him leave.

The same guy tweeted just before that we're after Andy King...

He also said yesterday that McCann has signed and would be announced yesterday or today so we'll see how reliable he is.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Think Dex has served the club very well and is a good player at this level. Depends how much they'll pay for him really, but Id be a bit sad at seeing him leave.

Should keep him I think. Will chip in with 7-10 goals and a good player to come off the bench, like at Hull.

Looking Hairy

Frankly, i'd be delighted to get rid now. Nothing against him, but the 4 years left on his contract could become a real anchor.

Swedish Meatball

I would be amazed if he left this summer after signing a long term deal.

Last season was a poor one for Dex. Having watched the season review he did contribute some lovely assists though - for Sharp v Leeds and Radi v Huddersfield most notably.

I can still see him playing a good part for Forest over the next couple of seasons and some of the people who are writing him off may find themselves surprised.

Let him go if we can get around 500k +, could certainly do a job for Huddersfield.

It only makes sense to get rid of him if we replace him with someone better, no point in getting rid of one mediocre striker to replace him with another.

Even if we got £1 million for him, who else could you get that's any better for that kind of money?

I get the feeling that this season could be another "make do and mend" season, with loans being the preferred method of bringing in players.

Best served cold

Dex has been a good player for us, he just had a few bad games towards the end of last season. I would not sell him, theres no need.

Hes a good championship forward, who happens to already be on our books and a part of our club.

Unless we are planning on splurging many millions on strikers, I cant see why we'd get rid of him?

My only criticism of Dex is that he is a free kick conceding machine

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

My Man Love for Dex really started the day he scored the last minute winner against Bristol City after we'd been 1-2 down with not long to go. I had an Aldershot supporting mate with me that day but he went as bonkers as me when he scored that goal.

I can understand some of the comments about Dex in this thread but you'll never hear a negative word from me!!

No wonder my post count..

Quote Originally Posted by Magamar View Post
    I can understand some of the comments about Dex in this thread but you'll never hear a negative word from me!!
    Negative is a negative word!

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he's leaving so we can get better in, fine. Sad to see him go though. We need at least three or four of the outstanding strikers in the division to secure a good promotion and maybe more wider attackers, fewer central strikers.

To get better than Dex we would be talking Stella signings. The rumours that are filtering through are not very stella. They are all rumours so can only be trusted when Fawaz finally does some tweeting. As some are saying I do like Dex and when on song he is a handful. I think he needs a rest after recovering from a serious injury and then straight into a tough preseason to get him firing on all cylinders again.

We're not exactly flush with strikers, or at least strikers that we want, so not sure id let him go just yet. But maybe if we get the right people in then I'd consider getting rid as he's not that good. The 4 year contract now looks like a bit of a mistake

the rambler.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    The 4 year contract now looks like a bit of a mistake
    Agreed, thats Fawaz listening to the fans again. He has been too inconsistent for my liking. You either get a good performance or a bad one. Sometimes if your really lucky you'll see him get sent off.

But I haven't seen an outstanding performance in ages, and we need that to challenge top 2 next year.

Great servant to the club but we need to look higher. He can be a striker that closer games out near the end of a match, but I can't see him starting on a regular basis.

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by DillyBavies View Post
    It only makes sense to get rid of him if we replace him with someone better, no point in getting rid of one mediocre striker to replace him with another.

Even if we got £1 million for him, who else could you get that's any better for that kind of money?

I get the feeling that this season could be another "make do and mend" season, with loans being the preferred method of bringing in players.
    Henderson is better and he's free. Sharp is better and he's ~£1m. Loads of good champ strikers go for £1m or less.

Dex will get double figure goals, and he seems to be a good head in the squad. I'd like us to hang on to him

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Give Dex service from the flanks & he'll score goals. Judging any of our strikers on last seasons goal ratio is futile.

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

He only signed a new contract not long ago, it would be a bit silly to sell him, especially since our only other regular striker is Simon Cox, and if he got injured we'd struggle up front.
    My problem with Blackstock is not so much him but the way we play, like always hoofing the ball up to him, where as if there were some crosses coming into him he could use his height and strength to get on the end of it.

Blackstock is still a very useful player at holding the ball up, winning free-kicks, and popping up with an important goal or two, and to be honest we can't say that any of our strikers really set the world alight last season. Two of them were supposed to be quite prolific before they joined us (Cox and Sharp)

Anyway here's the stats from 2012/13 (if we're judging strikers on goals)

Blackstock: 23 starts, 7 goals (30.4% goal ratio)
    Cox: 34 starts, 6 goals (17.6 goal ratio)
    Sharp: 30 starts, 11 goals (36.7 goal ratio)

Compare this with Glenn Murray's 71.4% goal ratio and you can see what we were missing. Murray fired Palace almost single handedly to the playoffs. Ok, so Palace had good wingers but check out Murray's goals and you'll see they come from absolutely everywhere. Plus, his strike partner Wilbraham ended up with 0 goals from 21 games. With good wingers that's more appalling than Silenzi's time for us.

As we're all giving Cox the benefit of the doubt I think we should try to do the same for Blackstock, who's been a loyal servant and all round good guy for us

Looking Hairy

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    Dex will get double figure goals, and he seems to be a good head in the squad. I'd like us to hang on to him
    He's only done that 3 times in his career, and never above 13.