Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Season Tickets / Discounts

Default Student Season Tickets / Discounts

Hey all, I'm a brand new member!

As a lifelong Forest fan that's always lived miles away from Nottingham, I'm heading to Leicester to University in 2009. I was just wondering if there is a Forest student season ticket that I can blow my loan on? Failing that, do the club offer a student discount? I've had a look on the official site and I can't see it mentioned anywhere!

Thanks!

Jon

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

winnits

Default Re: Student Season Tickets / Discounts

Hi Jon,

Welcome, first of all!

I don't think Forest do a student season ticket, but I could be wrong. There used to be student rate tickets available for matches but I think they were way up in the Upper Brian Clough stand - good view, non-existent atmosphere (and that's saying something, as the atmosphere is at a premium anywhere in the ground lately!).

I know they are launching half season tickets though - although presumably you're not heading up here 'til next season anyway

Welcome Jon. As Winnits said I don't think Forest do student season tickets but are you young enough for an under 21.

Swedish Meatball

Alright Jon, welcome to the forum.

The club don't do student season tickets. You can get into any match for £12.50 with a valid NUS card, which you'll have obviously, sitting in the Trent End side of the Brian Clough stand, up in the corner.

As you're heading to Uni next year, I presume that you're going to be 18 or 19 come the start of next season. If so, you will fall into the category of under 21, and can get yourself an under 21 season ticket. You'll have to produce your passport/driving license at the club to get the ticket, but after that, it's fine for the rest of the season.

These are dramatically cheaper than the average season ticket price. Last season I paid £127 for my season ticket. This season I was looking at a minimum of £350, as I was 21 at the start of the season.

Hope that answers your questions.

#FindElaine

Welcome Jon

As has been said above;

I've just looked on the OS and they have got tickets advertised for full-time students at £11.50 with no increase for buying on the day. As Winnits says I think they are only available at the back of the upper tear of the Brian Clough stand.

If your looking at getting a Season Ticket I've not seen a student one but presuming your going to uni straight from finishing your A Levels then you would be able to get a U21 ST.

Should be better than buying the Student machday tickets and also gives you a better choice of seats.

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

Eh up Jon.

Yeah - I looked at Under21 Season Tickets and there is a big discount. I think it is around 2/3 OFF the full price.

You can't get Under21 Season Tickets in A Block but the discount applies to everywhere else.

Victor Meldrew

Am I too old to perv over Colombo Bianco? Just wondered, thanks.

Wasn't Colombo played by Peter Falk, wore a shoddy rainmac during the 1970s. Used to say 'Thought just occured'? Actually, he never said that, my brother had a shoddy mac and used that as Columbo's catchphrase, even though it wasn't.

Bianco means white. Not Paul Ince then.

Actually ignore this post entirely, perving over young girls always just gets me into trouble and a battering from the wife. I'm supposed to be doing something and am just posting shite to avoid doing it.

Brolin's right - I got a U21 season ticket in the Main Stand, £190 instead of £550, so take advantage of it while you're young enough!

Thanks for all the useful replies!

The problem is, I'll be 23 when I start next September, so the U21 season ticket is out of the window!

I guess I'll just have to pay on the day, which is all good! I know *boo hiss* Leicester City offer a student season ticket, so I was hoping Forest would do the same!

I might email the club anyway, see why they don't - I'm sure quite a few students go along!

Thanks again!

Hullaboon, I brought this issue up with both Nigel Doughty and Mark Arthur, and they wouldn't budge. Unfortunately It's not going to change, so it's either single student tickets, or a very expensive season ticket.

I have this problem too in that I;m now 21 - my parents bought me my season ticket this year, in Capital One Corner, as my 21st bday present in conjunction with my grandparents - the annoying thing being that you have to be under 21 on the 1st August to qualify for a U21 & I turned 21 on... the 1st August! Costing us £300 grr!

My sister's a student too however so I have to switch my season ticket over to G block when she comes along - we've developed the cunning tactic however of buying student tickets for G block, then simply walking across to the near empty far end of the Upper BC and sitting right next to Capital One Corner in order to enhoy the atmosphere - probably your best plan mate and what I'll have to do next year as I just can't justify the extra cost of an adult season ticket on a student budget.

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    I have this problem too in that I;m now 21 - my parents bought me my season ticket this year, in Capital One Corner, as my 21st bday present in conjunction with my grandparents - the annoying thing being that you have to be under 21 on the 1st August to qualify for a U21 & I turned 21 on... the 1st August! Costing us £300 grr!

My sister's a student too however so I have to switch my season ticket over to G block when she comes along - we've developed the cunning tactic however of buying student tickets for G block, then simply walking across to the near empty far end of the Upper BC and sitting right next to Capital One Corner in order to enhoy the atmosphere - probably your best plan mate and what I'll have to do next year as I just can't justify the extra cost of an adult season ticket on a student budget.
    For sure. Good plan.

Seems a bit stupid to not offer and promote reductions to season tickets to the 4/5 large Unis nearby - never know, might generate 500 odd extra paying customers to fill those empty seats..!

Yeah I have sort of wondered, it seems bizarre to offer student discount on matchday tickets but not season tickets, whilst they have U21 season tickets but not U21 on the day tickets.

Yeah I have sort of wondered, it seems bizarre to offer student discount on matchday tickets but not season tickets, whilst they have U21 season tickets but not U21 on the day tickets.
    Something like this is not one bit bizzare when its Forest involved it's expected. Silly club.

The pricing schemes at Forest are bizarre in other aspects too.

For Adult Match Tickets, the price is the same across all four stands (except Family enclosure)... BUT Season Tickets vary drastically depending where you choose to sit.

I was in the same position re season ticket over 21 but still a student and the club just said it was one of these things. You have a whole block of the brian clough nearest the trent end for 11.50 so its not too bad... just means you cant keep your seat. Either that or see if you can get one of your mates to sign up for a seat for you who's a couple of years younger!

Can somebody help me with regards to student tickets.

My brother will be back in Nott'm for christmas and I was going to buy him a ticket as a present as well as my dad. My brother is a student, if you buy a student ticket and an adult ticket together do they still have to sit in BC Upper?

winnits

Think so yeah, upper BC is the only area you can get student tickets.

Banned

Why should naffing students who post on here about late nights and boozing, then moan because they have to pay the same price as us meer mortals.

Tough I say, what on earth makes you more eligable for discount than say an apprentice.

#FindElaine

or me!

Quote Originally Posted by sedgred
    Why should naffing students who post on here about late nights and boozing, then moan because they have to pay the same price as us meer mortals.

Tough I say, what on earth makes you more eligable for discount than say an apprentice.
    Apprentices earn a wage, students don't is the logic behind it. Not all students live a life of late nights and boozing, a large proportion continuaaly work there asses off studying their course whilst simulataneously holding down part-time jobs to stave off huge debts.

Banned

Apprentices earn a wage, students don't is the logic behind it. Not all students live a life of late nights and boozing, a large proportion continuaaly work there asses off studying their course whilst simulataneously holding down part-time jobs to stave off huge debts.
    A student makes the choice, so why should they expect to be subsidised through everything they do. When they earn all the extra for the degree they have gained, maybe Forest can provide a post graduate area where they can pay more for tickets

deleted

A student makes the choice, so why should they expect to be subsidised through everything they do. When they earn all the extra for the degree they have gained, maybe Forest can provide a post graduate area where they can pay more for tickets
    It could incorporate the RichJCrouch box - for those people with more than one degree

I'm sure if you are on a nationally recognised apprentice course you can actually get an NUS card?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    I'm sure if you are on a nationally recognised apprenticeship course you can actually get an NUS card?