Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 723

Thread: Gary Ulysses Gardner

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Gary Ulysses Gardner

    No, thats ( probably ) not his real middle name, but it should be, i dont think ive loved a loanee player like this since Hucks, can we send Vaughan back instead and hope they dont notice?


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    9,702

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    He was brilliant again tonight.

    So, so important to the way we play. Which could be a worry. I would give up and arm and a leg to sign him next season.

    Dougie has found him a role that is literally made for him.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    23,749

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    He's not bad is he?


  5. #4

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    If Villa offered to buy Antonio , and we asked for Gardner as part of deal , would that be allowed under the embargo?


  6. #5
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    28,309

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    If we could get him again for next season he'd be the signing of the summer. He was very good again tonight.

    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    If Villa offered to buy Antonio , and we asked for Gardner as part of deal , would that be allowed under the embargo?
    They could just agree to sell him to us for nothing, but I doubt they will. They have better wide players.


  8. #7
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    64,993

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    This is what really fucks me off about the incompetent way our club has been run in the last season or two.

    We've stumbled on a player who clearly works for us in a system we want to play and who is potentially surplus to requirements at his Premier League club and we can't even entertain buying him because we are hamstring by an embargo caused by our big-money signings of absolute shite.

    Thanks Fawaz.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,629

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    If Villa offered to buy Antonio , and we asked for Gardner as part of deal , would that be allowed under the embargo?
    they could just let us have him for free and pay a bit less for Antonio


  10. #9
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    37,678

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Ship out Lansbury. Retire Reid. Buy Gardner.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  11. #10

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Ulysses, eh? We'll have an epic struggle trying to sign him...

    ‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

    - Thomas Carlyle

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,638

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    This is what really fucks me off about the incompetent way our club has been run in the last season or two.

    We've stumbled on a player who clearly works for us in a system we want to play and who is potentially surplus to requirements at his Premier League club and we can't even entertain buying him because we are hamstring by an embargo caused by our big-money signings of absolute shite.

    Thanks Fawaz.
    Fawaz gave the money to our managers for signings "of absolute shit". A bit harsh to blame him solely.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,653

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Give them Lansbury, a Fawaz car, some groupon vouchers for a spa day, some Trent spring water, and dogtits.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    21,140

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Exactly the sort of player we have needed 2 or 3 of for donkeys of years


  15. #14

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Exactly the sort of player we have needed 2 or 3 of
    Is that because the first two will inevitably get injured?


  16. #15
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,989

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    His middle name is lucifer, the bringer of light to our dark days. Sadly, at the end if the season he will fall from grace, sign for Derby and score against us next season.

    I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    CSU EAST BAY
    Posts
    12,594

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Van Rompuy View Post
    Give them Lansbury, a Fawaz car, some groupon vouchers for a spa day, some Trent spring water, and dogtits.
    What? Why me.


    Also, f Aston villa. I wouldn't want to go there.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,380

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Be honest as well, if we signed him permenantly, he'd either leave in a season (Guedioura), be constantly injured (Hobbs, Vaughan, Fryatt) or end up playing crap (Fox)


  19. #18

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by dogtits View Post
    What? Why me.


    Also, f Aston villa. I wouldn't want to go there.
    Thats true DT, pretty boys like you would get eaten alive in the shit hole that is Aston..... Makes compton look like beverly hills.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,317

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Look, if we buy him he'll either turn out to be injured or start playing shite.

    It's the Forest way.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,481

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    He will be labeled an overpaid mercenary soon enough


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Leon & Doogie better be looking for the next Gary Gardner.

    In the NEP it says he wants a GK, full-back, winger & centre-fwd.

    If he had any brain cells, he will realise this is the key position we need filling & good luck trying to find someone as good as him.

    What a player. So glad he has got over his injury issues.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    1,461

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Leon & Doogie better be looking for the next Gary Gardner.

    In the NEP it says he wants a GK, full-back, winger & centre-fwd.

    If he had any brain cells, he will realise this is the key position we need filling & good luck trying to find someone as good as him.

    What a player. So glad he has got over his injury issues.
    No mention of a new no. 10? That's most important for me!


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,992

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by BaconSaver View Post
    No mention of a new no. 10? That's most important for me!
    We don't have anyone in the squad who controls midfield. Vaughan seems a thing of the past.

    At least Reid, Osborn, Jorge Grant & Majewski can play 10 & at least 3 will be here next season.


  25. #24

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    I believe he is the heartbeat of our midfield at the moment. He makes everything else happen. If we cannot re-sign him, we need a player just like him.
    We are otherwise very ordinary in the centre and get badly overrun.


  26. #25
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    17,944

    Default Re: Gary Ulysses Gardner

    Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    No, thats ( probably ) not his real middle name, but it should be,
    Apparently he doesn't have a middle name. Also, I hadn't realised he was Craig's brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    i dont think ive loved a loanee player like this since Hucks,
    Bertrand?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •