Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    543

    Default Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    So did they both turn us down? And thats why Calderwood is still in charge....

    Seemingly CC has the safest job in football for the simple fact even the unemployed don't want to come here.


    Discuss.

    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    How do you know they were even offered the job


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,295

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    as much as i think cc is on seriously borrowed time i really wouldn't be too enthusiastic about allardyce or davies coming in.


  5. #4

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Why would Allardyce come to us when there's a Premiership position available?


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjon01
    How do you know they were even offered the job
    I don't. Its just my theory. Both have been high profile possible replacements in the last couple of weeks. Both were rumoured to have been approached.


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gurl
    Why would Allardyce come to us when there's a Premiership position available?
    Yesterdays Sunderland Echo had an interview with Sam. He said Forest had approached him but he said no thanks. I'll dig out the link when I get chance


  8. #7

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Out of those two options I'd prefer Onions. I'd take Roy Keane though


  9. #8
    nakkernino del clusto
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,911

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Windy Miller could do a job


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by normanton_red
    Yesterdays Sunderland Echo had an interview with Sam. He said Forest had approached him but he said no thanks. I'll dig out the link when I get chance
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...job.4774123.jp

    He did not name Forest, so he in no way said "Forest had approached him but he said no thanks".


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,206

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by redchief
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...job.4774123.jp

    He did not name Forest, so he in no way said "Forest had approached him but he said no thanks".
    That picture of Allardyce is very chic '70's


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,510

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Lazy journalsim, he says there have been one or two posts he has not wanted and they link with Forest because of rumours. He is too savvy to burn his bridges publicly, I do not believe he will get the Sunderland job and he will be back again looking for work...........


  13. #12

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    I'm not sure how it usually works but i guess it might be hard to hold negotiations with a manager when we already have one, I think CC brought himself a stay of exacution (wrongly in my eyes) with the results against Barnsley and Cov. With games against Donny and Norwich looming we dont have the luxory of time.

    I would take Davies and hope we get him in, i will happily eat my words if he turns out to be shite!


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    13,506

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Dog
    I'm not sure how it usually works but i guess it might be hard to hold negotiations with a manager when we already have one, I think CC brought himself a stay of exacution (wrongly in my eyes) with the results against Barnsley and Cov. With games against Donny and Norwich looming we dont have the luxory of time.

    I would take Davies and hope we get him in, i will happily eat my words if he turns out to be s**te!
    There seems to be a reason that 90% of Derby fans cannot stick Billy Davies. The Derby fans I know reckoned he was a long ball merchant with no plan B when that wasnt effective.


  15. #14

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan
    There seems to be a reason that 90% of Derby fans cannot stick Billy Davies. The Derby fans I know reckoned he was a long ball merchant with no plan B when that wasnt effective.
    managers whose plan A works tend not to need plan B, I think his record speaks for itself. He would not be my first choice but i would take him over CC. In relation to derby fans not liking him, i suppose thats horses for courses as my derby friends say he was brilliant and he was a victim of his own success getitng them promoted.




  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    13,206

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    I'd take Billy Davies at present. I'd just be worried about his relationship with Earnie. Are they still not talking or is it all water under the bridge?


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    well at the minute with a few clubs with no managers i think people with out a club will be looking at their club as they would just walk straight in and looking at are club with still have a manager in charge so seems like too much work with sacking the old manager then putting some one else in charge if i was a good manager i would wanna sign for the best club so understand why big sam might wanna take on sunderland as they are still in the prem.

    but as for davies i am not sure.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    11,152

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    I'd take Billy Davies at present. I'd just be worried about his relationship with Earnie. Are they still not talking or is it all water under the bridge?
    Seeing as Earnie has been injured or gash for the past two months, I'm not worried about his relationship with Davies.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,510

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson
    well at the minute with a few clubs with no managers i think people with out a club will be looking at their club as they would just walk straight in and looking at are club with still have a manager in charge so seems like too much work with sacking the old manager then putting some one else in charge if i was a good manager i would wanna sign for the best club so understand why big sam might wanna take on sunderland as they are still in the prem.

    but as for davies i am not sure.
    That sentence just really confused me.....but eventually I got it.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

    sorry dorest red, just at work and try to jam in as many words as i can before some pops their head in my door.




 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •