Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

Default Fat Sam and Billy Davis

So did they both turn us down? And thats why Calderwood is still in charge....

Seemingly CC has the safest job in football for the simple fact even the unemployed don't want to come here.

Discuss.

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Fat Sam and Billy Davis

How do you know they were even offered the job

as much as i think cc is on seriously borrowed time i really wouldn't be too enthusiastic about allardyce or davies coming in.

Why would Allardyce come to us when there's a Premiership position available?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesjon01
    How do you know they were even offered the job
    I don't. Its just my theory. Both have been high profile possible replacements in the last couple of weeks. Both were rumoured to have been approached.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gurl
    Why would Allardyce come to us when there's a Premiership position available?
    Yesterdays Sunderland Echo had an interview with Sam. He said Forest had approached him but he said no thanks. I'll dig out the link when I get chance

Out of those two options I'd prefer Onions. I'd take Roy Keane though

nakkernino del clusto

Windy Miller could do a job

Quote Originally Posted by normanton_red
    Yesterdays Sunderland Echo had an interview with Sam. He said Forest had approached him but he said no thanks. I'll dig out the link when I get chance
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...job.4774123.jp

He did not name Forest, so he in no way said "Forest had approached him but he said no thanks".

Quote Originally Posted by redchief
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/...job.4774123.jp

He did not name Forest, so he in no way said "Forest had approached him but he said no thanks".
    That picture of Allardyce is very chic '70's

Lazy journalsim, he says there have been one or two posts he has not wanted and they link with Forest because of rumours. He is too savvy to burn his bridges publicly, I do not believe he will get the Sunderland job and he will be back again looking for work...........

I'm not sure how it usually works but i guess it might be hard to hold negotiations with a manager when we already have one, I think CC brought himself a stay of exacution (wrongly in my eyes) with the results against Barnsley and Cov. With games against Donny and Norwich looming we dont have the luxory of time.

I would take Davies and hope we get him in, i will happily eat my words if he turns out to be shite!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Dog
    I'm not sure how it usually works but i guess it might be hard to hold negotiations with a manager when we already have one, I think CC brought himself a stay of exacution (wrongly in my eyes) with the results against Barnsley and Cov. With games against Donny and Norwich looming we dont have the luxory of time.

I would take Davies and hope we get him in, i will happily eat my words if he turns out to be s**te!
    There seems to be a reason that 90% of Derby fans cannot stick Billy Davies. The Derby fans I know reckoned he was a long ball merchant with no plan B when that wasnt effective.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan
    There seems to be a reason that 90% of Derby fans cannot stick Billy Davies. The Derby fans I know reckoned he was a long ball merchant with no plan B when that wasnt effective.
    managers whose plan A works tend not to need plan B, I think his record speaks for itself. He would not be my first choice but i would take him over CC. In relation to derby fans not liking him, i suppose thats horses for courses as my derby friends say he was brilliant and he was a victim of his own success getitng them promoted.

I'd take Billy Davies at present. I'd just be worried about his relationship with Earnie. Are they still not talking or is it all water under the bridge?

well at the minute with a few clubs with no managers i think people with out a club will be looking at their club as they would just walk straight in and looking at are club with still have a manager in charge so seems like too much work with sacking the old manager then putting some one else in charge if i was a good manager i would wanna sign for the best club so understand why big sam might wanna take on sunderland as they are still in the prem.

but as for davies i am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    I'd take Billy Davies at present. I'd just be worried about his relationship with Earnie. Are they still not talking or is it all water under the bridge?
    Seeing as Earnie has been injured or gash for the past two months, I'm not worried about his relationship with Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson
    well at the minute with a few clubs with no managers i think people with out a club will be looking at their club as they would just walk straight in and looking at are club with still have a manager in charge so seems like too much work with sacking the old manager then putting some one else in charge if i was a good manager i would wanna sign for the best club so understand why big sam might wanna take on sunderland as they are still in the prem.

but as for davies i am not sure.
    That sentence just really confused me.....but eventually I got it.

sorry dorest red, just at work and try to jam in as many words as i can before some pops their head in my door.