Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 313 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 7814

Thread: Cricket thread!

  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,511

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Cricket is even worse than baseball.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,678

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post
    Cricket is even worse than baseball.
    Cricket is excellent. A whole sport designed at such a pace to sustain a whole day's drinking.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,820

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Can't believe all the negativity towards cricket!! For one thing i've had a lot more success from the cricket team i support (Hampshire) than Forest over the years!


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeyshep View Post
    Can't believe all the negativity towards cricket!! For one thing i've had a lot more success from the cricket team i support (Hampshire) than Forest over the years!
    Boooo!!!!!


  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    3,511

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    If one desires to drink all day, I suppose.


  7. #31
    u redsssssssss
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    LEICESTERSHIRE(NOT LEICESTER THOW)
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Rather get my balls plucked than watch cricket.


  8. #32
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default

    Gaylords.


  9. #33
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,678

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Gaylords.
    Wrong thread - you want the "Offensive Chanting" one!


  10. #34

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Notts are playing in Derby today. Another chance to prove how superior we are to them.

    If we haven't won already I'll be popping over on Saturday.


  11. #35
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default

    Derbyshire's ground is so shit. On a par with Grace Road in it's rubbishness.


  12. #36

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Derbyshire's ground is so shit. On a par with Grace Road in it's rubbishness.
    I've not been since they put up their new grand stand. I think they named it on account of how much it cost to build.


  13. #37

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    How has Chris Gayle not come up in this thread, yet?


  14. #38
    Last one standing
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25,738

    Default

    I've watched the IPL on itv4 quite a few times recently. A feat like Chris Gayle's was due, that competition is batshit crazy.


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Cricket is brilliant! You cannot beat a test series, however I wish the bastards that are sky didn't take the coverage from channel 4!!


  16. #40

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Nottinghamshire are currently 167 for 2 in reply to Derbyshire's 256 all out. Derbys were saved from another batting disaster by Shivnarine Chanderpaul yesterday after being bowled out for a piffling 60 by Middlesex at Lords on Friday.

    This is Derbyshire CCCs first season in Division One for thirteen years. Since the County Championship split into two divisions in 2000 Glamorgan, with 88.5 points in 2005, hold the record for the lowest number of points amassed over an entire season in Division One. Derbyshire currently have 9 points from two games (and have earned two bonus points so far this match).


  17. #41

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by we h8 derby View Post
    Rather get my balls plucked than watch cricket.
    Must the two be mutually exclusive?


  18. #42

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali On Loan View Post
    Nottinghamshire are currently 167 for 2 in reply to Derbyshire's 256 all out. Derbys were saved from another batting disaster by Shivnarine Chanderpaul yesterday after being bowled out for a piffling 60 by Middlesex at Lords on Friday.

    This is Derbyshire CCCs first season in Division One for thirteen years. Since the County Championship split into two divisions in 2000 Glamorgan, with 88.5 points in 2005, hold the record for the lowest number of points amassed over an entire season in Division One. Derbyshire currently have 9 points from two games (and have earned two bonus points so far this match).
    It would be amazing if they became the worst team in cricket history as well!


  19. #43
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    79,678

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    You couldn't make that sort of stat up!

    (Been following the Notts score via Twitter!)


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    9,613

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd Stranglew@nk View Post
    It would be amazing if they became the worst team in cricket history as well!
    this ^


  21. #45

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    On the subject of crap teams it looks like Leicestershire are going to lose to a bunch of students.


  22. #46

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Make that have lost - by 102 runs.


  23. #47

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Notts have a first innings lead of 187. Derby in their second innings already 38 for 2. Derbyshire need Chanderpaul and the rain to play a blinder.


  24. #48
    Hello
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    1,853

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Notts have beaten derby!


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    9,613

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by joemhewitt View Post
    Notts have beaten derby!


    Excellent.

    Let the good times roll at Notts.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    3,364

    Default Re: Cricket thread!

    Easy win


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •