Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I still think Fawaz is broke(ish)

Banned

Default I still think Fawaz is broke(ish)

Read the full fucking thread.

Last edited by michael; 12-08-13 at 23:03.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: I still think Fawaz is broke(ish)

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Yes publicly flog me, I know Mrs. Davies said "he's rich enough to buy any club in the world" (United and R Madrid being 1 billion +) and that his personal wealth is "unquantifiable" and I know his house looks like something out of a film... But to put it in perspective, the only trace of this guys money is on East Midlands Today before this countless journalists and researchers haven't been able to pin point Fawaz or his Money other than he's doing ok.

Everything I've seen so far is subjective.

Why I'm reluctant to believe there PR campaign...

When the transfer saga was going on Seymour Pearce originally ruled out the Al-Hasawi's.

Overly reluctant to buy players.

Al-Hasawi property company in London only has a turnover of approx. 2 mil (Puts it on a level with if not below one of the McDonalds 'restaurants' in town)

Didn't pay off any of the Doughty debt, regardless of whether the Doughty's wrote it off if they had 'enough to buy any club in the world' they'd at least pay some.

I know all of those points can and will be argued against... If Fawaz or indeed his family where indeed multi billionaires there would be a lot more known about them publicly (Forbes/rich lists etc...) but there isnt.

Why is a guy with an "unquantifiable amount of money" messing about with a glorified estate agents down in London with a relatively low turnover?

Seen something recently from one of his family members that said, they're having trouble selling the club to Kuwaiti's but if we get promoted to the Premier League it will be a lot easier and astronomical amounts will be piled into the club.

This sounds more like they're trying to get Kuwaiti investors to hand over cash into their project.

Which is fine, but if I'm correct with what I'm saying, why do they feel the need to lead us up the garden path.

When Sheikh Mansour bought Man City you had heard about him or his family before?
    You knew that the Al-Nahyan family control trillions in assets?
    You realise that still no one really knows anything about the wealth of any member of said family?
    And as for rich lists and similar, they are not listed anywhere.

So a word of caution, donīt expect to ever know the extent someones wealth in the gulf, they simply never ever tell anyone.

I Still can't believe it's not butter.

You're right, everyone of your arguments can be picked apart. The rich lost is a joke other than the top earners. I recall Alan Sugar stating something along them lines to saying most folk on it have paper wealth and at least he could walk in to a bank and cash a cheque for Ģ100,000,000.

From the look of it Al's garage is a bigger assets than most of the UK's rich list.

I believe he his a wealthy guy but I'm not delusional that the purchase of our club isn't anything more than a business move on his part.

Yes publicly flog me, I know Mrs. Davies said "he's rich enough to buy any club in the world" (United and R Madrid being 1 billion +) and that his personal wealth is "unquantifiable" and I know his house looks like something out of a film... But to put it in perspective, the only trace of this guys money is on East Midlands Today before this countless journalists and researchers haven't been able to pin point Fawaz or his Money other than he's doing ok.

When the transfer saga was going on Seymour Pearce originally ruled out the Al-Hasawi's.

Al-Hasawi property company in London only has a turnover of approx. 2 mil (Puts it on a level with if not below one of the McDonalds 'restaurants' in town)

Didn't pay off any of the Doughty debt, regardless of whether the Doughty's wrote it off if they had 'enough to buy any club in the world' they'd at least pay some.

I know all of those points can and will be argued against... If Fawaz or indeed his family where indeed multi billionaires there would be a lot more known about them publicly (Forbes/rich lists etc...) but there isnt.

Why is a guy with an "unquantifiable amount of money" messing about with a glorified estate agents down in London with a relatively low turnover?

Seen something recently from one of his family members that said, they're having trouble selling the club to Kuwaiti's but if we get promoted to the Premier League it will be a lot easier and astronomical amounts will be piled into the club.

This sounds more like they're trying to get Kuwaiti investors to hand over cash into their project.

Which is fine, but if I'm correct with what I'm saying, why do they feel the need to lead us up the garden path.
    Thank you, I agree.

allow them to shout us both down.

BUT, enjoy the good times before the inevitable comes..

Natalie was clearly exagerrating, but I think you're doing the same the opposite way. The estate agency of 'only' 2 million turnover (do you have citation for that fact BTW?) is only significant if it's his only source of income? Is it?

Looking Hairy

Why on Earth would they pay off some of the debt if they didn't have to? Can you ever pinpoint the wealth of any of these families? They're reluctant to sign players?! Haven't we signed 17 this year alone?

My impression of everything I've seen & heard so far is:
    - Fawaz is not short of a bob or two. His home/car collection at the very least indicate he's a wealthy guy.
    - There are a lot of very rich people in the Gulf but you won't get a list of who has what millions like you do here (with say the Sunday Times rich list).
    - Having worked in The Gulf don't underestimate he business acumen of Arabs, many have made fortunes without it being handed to them on a plate because they're part of the ruler's family.
    - Fawaz/his family do genuinely appear passionate about our Forest. What's wrong with that?
    - Fawaz does appear to recognise that Billy Davies has saved our season and saved Fawaz's reputation with the Forest fans.
    - unlike many foreign owners Fawaz/his family have been pretty open about who they are and what they want from their investment - unlike most other foreign owners. Man U fans have rarely heard the Glazers talk about their dreams/aspirations.
    - I don't see anything wrong with Fawaz/his family wanting to get more investment from fellow Kuwaitis. If it leads to a team equipped for life in The Premiership and a revamped City Ground then fantastic. We - the long term Forest fans - will benefit.
    Personally, I think we might well have been given the chance of a lifetime and providing Billy Davies can continue his magic we could be in the Premiership sooner rather than later.

but if I'm correct with what I'm saying, why do they feel the need to lead us up the garden path.
    Big word if.

He made the top 50 most influential arabs! < Read that somewhere on twitter anyway!

The more money people have often the tighter than can be so as said why would you pay of someones debt when you dont have to?

Let the good times roll!

Last edited by Army; 25-03-13 at 10:04.

What I can say you can not compare him with Sheikh Mansour, Mansour is " Sheikh " from UAE his money is just like a state budget I think they even do not separate the state budget and the budget of their rulers , kuwait is diffrent about this side.

Fawaz's father was a businessman and his sons completed his job so I really dont know how much they have ?
    But I know that fawaz cant live without football so talking about selling nffc isnt real as I beleive

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Natalie was clearly exagerrating, but I think you're doing the same the opposite way. The estate agency of 'only' 2 million turnover (do you have citation for that fact BTW?) is only significant if it's his only source of income? Is it?
    It's even worse than I originally stated (was a while ago since I saw the numbers)...

No it isn't his only source of income but honestly why go to the effort of playing with penny's when you have grands in the bank...

And a fair amount was known about sheikh mansoor, he was a prominent politician and investor in Barclays before he took over Man City.

It's even worse than I originally stated (was a while ago since I saw the numbers)...

No it isn't his only source of income but honestly why go to the effort of playing with penny's when you have grands in the bank...

And a fair amount was known about sheikh mansoor, he was a prominent politician and investor in Barclays before he took over Man City.
    wish people would stop trying to spread a negative vibe around the place. That information you just posted means nothing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BeestonRedz View Post
    wish people would stop trying to spread a negative vibe around the place. That information you just posted means nothing.
    I'm not trying to spread a negative vibe

Fawaz's wealth comes down the line and I believe he and his family have inherited many businesses, assets and investments which indicates that much of his money is tied up. Unless you have access to classified information then I doubt anyone will know how much the Al-Hasawi family are worth.

Before buying Forest, the due diligence will have highlighted the monies required to keep the club going with an idea of the investment required to move us to another level. No one takes on that kind of financial commitment without having the means to support it.

We do not know how much 'available cash' Fawaz has, or intends, to spend on the club but things are looking ok so far.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Lots of businessmen have their fingers in lots of pies.
    Why do the dragons invest in small businesses in Dragon's Den if as you say they have bigger, more profitable businesses? Likewise Alan Sugar.

If that were his primary source of income you'd have a point, but if it isn't, it don't mean shit does it?

You say Seymour Pierce didn't put forward the Al Hasawi family as the preferred bidder.
    This will be the same Seymour Pierce who have since been put into administration. Could have been looking
    after their own interests?

Just saying like....

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post

Before buying Forest, the due diligence will have highlighted the monies required to keep the club going with an idea of the investment required to move us to another level. No one takes on that kind of financial commitment without having the means to support it.
    Just to add to that, I believe ND put in place his own due dilligence for any prospective buyers as well. So they had to pass both tests independently of each other. As ND was a venture capaitalist I imagine his due diligence would have been incredibly tough to pass.

Banned

Well hes richer than any owner in the prem apart from man city

Banned

Yes you are.

BP has quite a few petrol stations in South America which are not doing much.

Do we judge the global BP based on a few BP petrol stations ?

Companies have many smaller enterprises in strategic locations for other reasons. Fawaz for example having a small business in the UK entitles him to getting a long term UK visa without any problems.

Do we judge the massive Al Hasawi empire based on a small business they have in the UK (for visa reasons most likely).... of course not.

You are totally trying to spread a negative vibe.........

Abingdon, Oxon but always a Kirkby-in-Ashfield boy....

looking forward to coming up to watch my beloved reds play Brighton on Saturday. As for Fawaz and his cash, couldn't give a shit as long as the turnstiles are open when I get there on Saturday

Banned

We also have his brother aswel

And family friends.....isnt his wife part of the saudi royal family?

What?

I know a few very well connected people in Jordan and after dinner one night at a bussinessman's house in Amman my host told me that after knowing that particular bloke for 20 or 30 years he still had no idea where his money came from.

They do not publicise their wealth or how they get it, they just get on with the accumulation.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

......so, as I suspected, in line with your usual posting habits, it was was for attention-seeking purposes.