Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Away Day Travel

Default Away Day Travel

Hi all,

Appologies for a new thread, I did do a search but couldn't find the info I was after. I'm looking for some info on coach/mini-bus travel to Hull on Saturday.

On the official site, travel on coach is £14 and picks up at St James Street before it heads to the Brian Clough car park. Any idea where the stop actually is? Also, there is no info on how to book your space :/

I've also looked at Tricky Tree Travel which I've heard good things about, however they set off from Arnold/West Bridgeford at 8:30 which is a bit early. I am from Ilkeston so it's a bit of a way to travel as well, any busses from or around my area would be preferable.

Also, what are the rules on alcohol/food on these things?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Rich.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Away Day Travel

TTT is absolutely worth the extra effort chap. We leave from both Arnold (Old Spot) and Nottingham (normally the Trent Navigation). Which one we start with depends upon the direction we're heading (obviously). No alcohol on the bus but we always stop at a decent (rael ale) pub prior to the game.

#FindElaine

No alcohol on any buses going to a football ground due to some stupid law brought in years ago!

If you decide to go on one of the official coaches you book a ticket from the ticket office at the ground. St James St pick up is on Maid Marion Way by Park Plaza. Suggest taking an iPod and a good book, its not unknown for them to leave people at service stations and they drive straight to the ground so don't expect to get a beer pre game unless its a pint of fizzy shit in the stadium!

Like RRRRREDUN say's make the effort to get TTT its the only way to travel to away games

Please donate to my #MPCC14 JustGiving page @ Justgiving.com/FindElaine

Believe me mate, 8.30 is too early for me as well, especially as Im at Cheltenham on Friday.

Bus Leaves Navigation at 9.30 and pick up at Old Spot at 9.50am (can pick up London Road, Mansfield Road on the way.
    We are stopping at a pub for a few pre match as well.

If you interested drop me a PM.

Floating in space.

The TTT bus has the host with the most on board too, he is very pretty and may try to bum you.

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet. - Ghandi

Rice # 42

Not always. He sometimes just fiddles with your nob a bit.

There is a Heanor and district supporters bus(es) what goes to every home and away game. Pick up points are usually Eastwood, Heanor, Ilkeston and Ripley. I think the number is on the OS in the supporters clubs section. Always has a lengthy pub stop on the way as well.

Try the heanor and district branch of he supporters club. They go most away and the coach goes through Ilkeston. It'll probably be early ish though as they normally have a pub stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky tree travel View Post
    Believe me mate, 8.30 is too early for me as well, especially as Im at Cheltenham on Friday.

Bus Leaves Navigation at 9.30 and pick up at Old Spot at 9.50am (can pick up London Road, Mansfield Road on the way.
    We are stopping at a pub for a few pre match as well.

If you interested drop me a PM.
    Sent you a PM mate

Thanks for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by ubique View Post
    No alcohol on any buses going to a football ground due to some stupid law brought in years ago!

If you decide to go on one of the official coaches you book a ticket from the ticket office at the ground. St James St pick up is on Maid Marion Way by Park Plaza. Suggest taking an iPod and a good book, its not unknown for them to leave people at service stations and they drive straight to the ground so don't expect to get a beer pre game unless its a pint of fizzy shit in the stadium!

Like RRRRREDUN say's make the effort to get TTT its the only way to travel to away games
    Wow, I was considring getting the supporters coach this saturday after seeing train prices! Is it seriously that bad?! I always asssumed they'd stop at a pub pre match too, dunno why...

Quote Originally Posted by BaconSaver View Post

Wow, I was considring getting the supporters coach this saturday after seeing train prices! Is it seriously that bad?! I always asssumed they'd stop at a pub pre match too, dunno why...
    The majority of people who travel on the official supporters coaches, in my experience, aren't the sort of people who enjoy pubs or going out in general if you catch my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    The majority of people who travel on the official supporters coaches, in my experience, aren't the sort of people who enjoy pubs or going out in general if you catch my drift.

Completely unfair 'hustler. So some of them like to take their healthy meals in Tupperware containers .......... Joking aside, I've been on official bus once. Very friendly, polite etc, unlke TTT who although friendly can hardly be described as polite. The pub stop and the TTT members are what makes it great. See you at 9.30 chaps. BTW Al; any chance of a pick-up at the lay-by?

#FindElaine

The couple of occasions I've used the official coaches yes it has been that bad - got death stares for making too much noise (talking to my mate sat at the side of me and having the audacity to laugh at one of his jokes).

The coaches do stop just at a Motorway service station and then get to the ground far too late for you to wander to a local away friendly pub so your only option is to grab a very quick pint of fizzy piss.

Every time I've looked over onto one of their coaches as we've passed them on the motorway (even after a win) everyone on board looks as thought their about to slit their wrists where as we're all having a party!

My first experience of TTT on saturday - can't wait....

I will still be able to eat my egg sandwiches drink my weak lemon drink and read the readers digest in peace though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Dragon View Post
    My first experience of TTT on saturday - can't wait....

I will still be able to eat my egg sandwiches drink my weak lemon drink and read the readers digest in peace though right?
    Ha. Of course. However, Al will taunt you without mercy.

best place to park car in hull anyone.?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

There's a big car park at the ground, other than that don't park around any streets, the area around the stadium isn't the safest.

Dont worry boys and girls.
    You will defo recognize me, Ill be the fat bloke sleeping off the Gold Cup hangover and begging for money.

Got my Hull Tickets, going on the boring official coaches - should be a laugh!
    2 people like this.

xxxxx xxxxx Oh thank goodness for that. I was close to offering to go with you just to shut you up! x
    about an hour ago via mobile · Like

xxxxxxxx xxxxxx Haha, dont be daft! Im sorted now x
    about an hour ago · Like · 1

Alan Merryweather Turncoat.......
    21 minutes ago · Like

xxxxxxxx xxxxxx Alan, its not like that lol.. I aint got too much money and if i come on your coach i'll end up spending about 50 quid on beer lol, i got no willpower; thats the only reason mate; i will be back one day; probably Burnley
    16 minutes ago · Like

Alan Merryweather I dont know you anymore.....
    2 minutes ago · Like

This is what happens if you come on TTT

#FindElaine

Ray Von can't you sub your lad £50 so he can have a decent day out

Hahahahahahahaha, I thought I had xxxx his name out.

His lad cannot drink £50 worth of ale in a month....

I did ask WHY are you going with the shit bus, he said i dont wanna spend loads on beer, and i know i will if i go with TTT, i just said well enjoy waiting at the ground for 2hrs before the game then

Bollocks to him, let him suffer

If you want to go to an away game to watch Forest using the official bus, this is how your day will pan out.
    Attachment 4368

If you go to watch an away game with Tricky Tree Travel, this is how your day will be.
    Attachment 4369

The choice is yours, as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post

Ha. Of course. However, Al will taunt you without mercy.
    That's a relief

I'll be listening to my east 17 tape anyway