Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AUTOMATIC PROMOTION ...PLEASE READ ON...

Default AUTOMATIC PROMOTION ...PLEASE READ ON...

What a set of results yesterday! I've done an article on my website today ( www.google.co.uk ) in a bit more detail but headline point .... We are 9 pts off an automatic promoton space with 9 games to go ...

Project back to 28/3/8 and coming away from Doncaster aftr a shocking performance and a 1-0 defeat ... "we're shit and we sick of it' was the chant from memory ...

The league one table that night saw us 11 points behind 2nd place Carlisle who had a game in hand, which if they had won the gap would have been 14 points.(each of us 7 to play) Our next game (after Doncaster) was 4 days later at Carlise which had we lost gap would have been 17 pts! We didn't and they didn't!! and we all know what happened next.

Colin DID know what he was doing ... Billy IS considerably better! We can do it ... COYR!

www.google.co.uk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: AUTOMATIC PROMOTION ...PLEASE READ ON...

Quote Originally Posted by newarkneil View Post
    What a set of results yesterday! I've done an article on my website today ( www.google.co.uk ) in a bit more detail but headline point .... We are 9 pts off an automatic promoton space with 9 games to go ...

Project back to 28/3/8 and coming away from Doncaster aftr a shocking performance and a 1-0 defeat ... "we're shit and we sick of it' was the chant from memory ...

The league one table that night saw us 11 points behind 2nd place Carlisle who had a game in hand, which if they had won the gap would have been 14 points.(each of us 7 to play) Our next game (after Doncaster) was 4 days later at Carlise which had we lost gap would have been 17 pts! We didn't and they didn't!! and we all know what happened next.

Colin DID know what he was doing ... Billy IS considerably better! We can do it ... COYR!

www.google.co.uk
    Concentrate on the play offs first. We've by no means secured a place there yet.

Also as great as our form is, we have had a good run of fixtures. If we carry on beating teams like Hull, Brighton, Cardiff and Leicester maybe we have a chance but they are much tougher games.

Having said that it's by no means impossible to close that gap. All we have to close is 6 points before the last day. Then anything can happen.

Nice read mate interesting thanks for that but i just think we would have to win every game now to go up automatic or maybe win 8 draw 1 seems a huge ask to me.....

we was 9 points behind leicester before play last saturday, it can be done!

Probably would need another 5 match winning streak.

Surely not

Not impossible but very unlikely. If we beat Hull and Brighton I would start to think the impossible was becoming possible. Agreed that we still have a fair bit of work to achieve a play off position yet.

It's all about mid-table...

It's starting to get exciting, I'd wrote this season off a month ago.

What an incredible run and that's fantastic but these players should have produced more under the previous managers tbh.

Watch Cardiff choke.

We never win at Hull...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt90 View Post
    Watch Cardiff choke.
    Play Fester on Tuesday night so lets hope they don't choke

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    Play Fester on Tuesday night so lets hope they don't choke
    YeaH BEAT FESTER FIRST THEN CHOKE!

I think we can make the playoffs ONLY JUST!

Tough games coming up are Hull, Brighton, Cardiff, Middlesboro and Leicester.

We need to win 5 or 6 of the last 9 to get there!

So in addition to the other games we have to DO boro and/or lester from the above

Anything is possible, but I'd take a place in the playoffs, something that looked unlikely a month ago.

Resident foodie!

Draw away and win at home and we will be there or there abouts.

Best served cold

Just getting in the play offs will be a hell of an achievement considering whats gone on this season, and taking into account our really tough run in

Hull
    Brighton
    Burnley
    Blackpool
    Cardiff
    Middlesborough
    Barnsley
    Milwall
    Leicester

I look at that and think just finishing in the play offs, or near them would be a very good achievement. That is a really hard set of fixtures, but is a doable

COME ON YOU REDS

I said on twitter and I'll say it here; every win for us makes those above look over their shoulder. Our form is making us gain points from teams we are not even playing. By that I mean that teams like Palace and Brighton are dropping points through anxiety and fear of our form. I can guarantee that the first result they check when they are back in the dressing room is ours. 5 wins in a row and this locomotive will now knock anything out of its path.4 points from the next two games and I think we are at least in with a shout of reaching 2nd.

Last edited by WhiteKnight; 10-03-13 at 15:29. Reason: grammar

I think we are all getting ahead of ourselves right now, what with the unbeaten run and 5 straight wins, which is understandable as we as Forest fans have not had much to cheer about so far this season, we can only hope and pray, but while its still mathematically possible we should all hang on to that, but wherever we end up this season i will be happy, considering the season we have had. One thing at least, we cant go down now which is a bonus

have we peaked to early? will we tail off towards the end i hope not but i can't see everybody around us collapsing now...

It would take a run of form that would be simply unprecedented.

Mind you, it would be nice wouldn't it going into the last 3 games or so being only 5 points behind or something, with it still there to play for. Would keep our eyes firmly on the teams above as well, which would hopefully cement our play off place.

Banned

Sod the playoffs, Watford need to watch out

Banned

Weve peaked too early

We should concentrate on aiming to win games, rather than looking at the table, it's in our hands now.

2nd is a very, very tall ask with the fixtures we have, I just hope we avoid Palace and Watford if we hold on to the play-offs.

Automatic is simply not going to happen, however it is the right mentality to be looking at 2nd rather than focusing on 6th. If we can win 6 of the last 9 games we will be the in form team in the playoffs. Let's hope this is our season..

Quote Originally Posted by NDM91 View Post
    We should concentrate on aiming to win games, rather than looking at the table, it's in our hands now.

2nd is a very, very tall ask with the fixtures we have, I just hope we avoid Palace and Watford if we hold on to the play-offs.
    Watford yes, Palace no. We have a decent enough record against them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Mill View Post
    Watford yes, Palace no. We have a decent enough record against them.
    True, but Palace's strengths cater specifically to our weaknesses, ie. a quality, pacey winger in Zaha. I'd definitely prefer Palace to Watford, though.