Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

Miserable bastard

Default Re: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

The number of teams in their league is the unsustainable problem. Let nature takes it's course and some will die.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    The number of teams in their league is the unsustainable problem. Let nature takes it's course and some will die.
    We have been saying that about Notts County for 155 years and they still keep clinging on to life....just.

It's all about mid-table...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-41071609

Cant fault him, you need a bit of zest in your notch.

Celtic broke a century old British record today of 642 games unbeaten in domestic football by beating Kirkintilloch U10s. Kirkintilloch had caused Celtic a scare by only conceding nineteen in the two side's previous meeting earlier in the season, stoking fears that this fixture might be a potential banana skin for the Scotland's reigning champions for as long as anybody cares to remember. However, thirty-two goals in the first fifteen minutes calmed the early nerves. After that is was relatively plain sailing for Celtic, as they won with a bit to spare 78-0. Some English bloke who flopped at a pcouple of pereneial relegation scrappers in the EPL, added to his burgeoning reputation by netting the perfect quintuple hat-trick. On this form Celtic look on course to challenge for a home point in the Champions League soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Francescoli (on loan) View Post
    Celtic broke a century old British record today of 642 games unbeaten in domestic football by beating Kirkintilloch U10s. Kirkintilloch had caused Celtic a scare by only conceding nineteen in the two side's previous meeting earlier in the season, stoking fears that this fixture might be a potential banana skin for the Scotland's reigning champions for as long as anybody cares to remember. However, thirty-two goals in the first fifteen minutes calmed the early nerves. After that is was relatively plain sailing for Celtic, as they won with a bit to spare 78-0. Some English bloke who flopped at a pcouple of pereneial relegation scrappers in the EPL, added to his burgeoning reputation by netting the perfect quintuple hat-trick. On this form Celtic look on course to challenge for a home point in the Champions League soon.
    And without a single poppy in sight on both players and manager unlike their hapless opposition.

Vile club

There are some pointless competitions in Europe now, but you can't top the Scottish Premier League. But for a brief spell of Ferguson at Aberdeen, it has always been just a two-horse race. That was until up they shot one of those horses seven years ago. What exactly are Celtic celebrating?

There are some pointless competitions in Europe now, but you can't top the Scottish Premier League. But for a brief spell of Ferguson at Aberdeen, it has always been just a two-horse race. That was until up they shot one of those horses seven years ago. What exactly are Celtic celebrating?
    Kiddy fiddling & Bobby Sands

Put Billy in charge of the Scottish FA

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Not much interested in Scottish football (unless we get another Barrie McKay) and I had no idea what record they were breaking then discovered it was their own and that was set several hundred years ago.

Why do we bother?

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Not much interested in Scottish football (unless we get another Barrie McKay) and I had no idea what record they were breaking then discovered it was their own and that was set several hundred years ago.

Why do we bother?
    However many games this record spanned, in any one of them defeat would have been a big shock. Therefore it actually would have been an underachievement had they not broken a century old British record for domestic games unbeaten. What a farce.

It does remind me of those leagues you play in as a kid where every team picks a side from the local kids who turn up to play some football, except one who cherry picks the best players it can find from any team in a twenty mile radius and wins every game by ten.

Remember fianlly beating that side 2-1 in our local league about two/three seasons in when our Forest Boys player got both goals. It was the first game they had ever lost. When we shook hands with them at the end, half their team were actually crying. They were then locked in their port-a-cabin changing room after the game as their manager read the riot act. We travelled back to the village in our convoy, pipping horns and singing. The knittted scarf in our colours one of the Mums had knitted proudly flying out the window. That was a memorable day. I imagne the scenes will be same when Celtic's unbeaten run comes to an end.

Last edited by Enzo Francescoli (on loan); 05-11-17 at 10:23.

It does remind me of those leagues you play in as a kid where every team picks a side from the local kids who turn up to play some football, except one who cherry picks the best players it can find from any team in a twenty mile radius and wins every game by ten.

Remember fianlly beating that side 2-1 in our local league about two/three seasons in when our Forest Boys player got both goals. It was the first game they had ever lost. When we shook hands with them at the end, half their team were actually crying. They were then locked in their port-a-cabin changing room after the game as their manager read the riot act. We travelled back to the village in our convoy, pipping horns and singing. The knittted scarf in our colours one of the Mums had knitted proudly flying out the window. That was a memorable day. I imagne the scenes will be same when Celtic's unbeaten run comes to an end.
    Yeah reminds me of my old days playing for AFC Dayncourt (Now Radcliffe Olympic) in the 90's we were always a solid side played in the top divison and finished mid table with the odd cup run.
    But there was one team who were always head and sholders above anyone (I forget their name now it was so long ago)we picked local lads from Radcliffe/Cotgrave and just had fun we had some decent lads I played for Mansfield witha few other lads who went on to play at a decent standard Boots/Carloton town sadly my type 1 diabeties stopped me progerssing... and maybe beer!

Anyway turns out the team that were always streets ahead used to hold trials and advertise in the Eveaning Post about them and the manager paid the subs and travel expenses of the lads/parents to get them tomplay for them - we just played with our mates from school for a laugh.
    I remeber losing 20-0 to them one year in the league away and youcould hear their manager giving them a dressing down in the changing rooms after thr game!
    The same year at home we actually beat them in the last game of the season at home 4-3 in one the best games i've ever been involved in was just one of them days where it all clicked. Towards the end of the game when they were losing their manager lost his head and started having a go at the ref saying it was his fault (old Gordon used to ref our games he was a local hero always turned up in his ref kit and had the respect of all players) it got quite personal said he was going to wait for him after the game and sort him out as they were better than us and shouldn't be losing. The final whistle went and we'd won 4-3 i've never seen us celebrate like that before massive pile on, on the pitch singing and dancing around in the changing rooms.
    Best part of the day was that the Manger went to have a "word" with the ref after and one of our lads dads stepped in to prevent it bloke was having none of it so the dad chinned him 1 punch and down he went which caused all us lot to celebrate even more.
    That was the last year that team was in the leauge as the year after they were never seen again!

Good times!

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo7 View Post
    Yeah reminds me of my old days playing for AFC Dayncourt (Now Radcliffe Olympic) in the 90's we were always a solid side played in the top divison and finished mid table with the odd cup run.
    But there was one team who were always head and sholders above anyone (I forget their name now it was so long ago)we picked local lads from Radcliffe/Cotgrave and just had fun we had some decent lads I played for Mansfield witha few other lads who went on to play at a decent standard Boots/Carloton town sadly my type 1 diabeties stopped me progerssing... and maybe beer!

Anyway turns out the team that were always streets ahead used to hold trials and advertise in the Eveaning Post about them and the manager paid the subs and travel expenses of the lads/parents to get them tomplay for them - we just played with our mates from school for a laugh.
    I remeber losing 20-0 to them one year in the league away and youcould hear their manager giving them a dressing down in the changing rooms after thr game!
    The same year at home we actually beat them in the last game of the season at home 4-3 in one the best games i've ever been involved in was just one of them days where it all clicked. Towards the end of the game when they were losing their manager lost his head and started having a go at the ref saying it was his fault (old Gordon used to ref our games he was a local hero always turned up in his ref kit and had the respect of all players) it got quite personal said he was going to wait for him after the game and sort him out as they were better than us and shouldn't be losing. The final whistle went and we'd won 4-3 i've never seen us celebrate like that before massive pile on, on the pitch singing and dancing around in the changing rooms.
    Best part of the day was that the Manger went to have a "word" with the ref after and one of our lads dads stepped in to prevent it bloke was having none of it so the dad chinned him 1 punch and down he went which caused all us lot to celebrate even more.
    That was the last year that team was in the leauge as the year after they were never seen again!

Good times!
    My lads team beat one of them teams yesterday.... they have never lost and never not scored more than 10. Me and two mates run the team. We did a total job on them. Last week our game got called off but theirs didnt so we went scouting, played with no midfielders and beat them 5-2. We just had all our defensive players stay at one end and the attackers up the other end over loading their defence. They couldnt handle it.

There was tears during the game as we went 5 nil up. And then they started to get physical. Their parents were blaming the ref (a ref sent by the league and the game played at their ground) they were fuming..... the players who were their subs were telling us to shut up.... it was beautiful.

Seven million domestic matches unbeaten. And only the seven conceded in European competition tonight. Took the lead too. Imperious.

Last edited by Enzo Francescoli (on loan); 22-11-17 at 22:00.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Workmates off up to to Scotcheggland Saturday, his beloved 'Well are in their league cup final against the IRA bummers. Not sure who I want to lose more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Workmates off up to to Scotcheggland Saturday, his beloved 'Well are in their league cup final against the IRA bummers. Not sure who I want to lose more.
    I hope Motherfuckerwell win, I can’t stand bunch of Gerry Adams (brother is a peado) loving twats

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Motherwell all the way.

It's a small, proud club with passionate fans that have to put up with half of their town supporting Rangers and Celtic.

Fucking hate Celtic anyway, they belong in the Irish league.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post

Aye... same here.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
    Aye... same here.
    About five years ago I reverted back to type in the Fellows Morton pub. Me and a friend came back from a Forest game absolutely bladdered to find the pub full of Celtic fans watching their game on the screens. We started singing loyalist songs about the the Billy Boys and Feenion blood.
    We couldn't get a reaction. The pub just went silent.
    They would have filled us in by sheer numbers but I think they were weary it was a trap. For all they knew there could have been 50 FEC in the next boozer.
    So, me and my might staggered home safely

Left Winger

They belong in the Irish Sea.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    They belong in the Irish Sea.
    I thought youd like them to be honest pal.... everyone of irish origin its their default club... but then i remembered you were in the armed forces and the whole IRA thing probably ruins that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    I hope Motherfuckerwell win, I can’t stand bunch of Gerry Adams (brother is a peado) loving twats
    This

Motherwell all the way.

It's a small, proud club with passionate fans that have to put up with half of their town supporting Rangers and Celtic.

and This.

Not satisfied with a history of 2000 years of clan blood-feuds followed by 400 years of Protestant-Catholic violence and Old Firm hatred.....now the fucking idiots have started importing the Middle East into their animosity. Celtic fans now fly Palestinian flags and Rangers now fly Israeli ones.

As has been said often it is not devolution that Scotland needs but evolution.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

The only reason I was struggling on who to lose is the fact I can get weeks of pisstaking in if 'well get battered.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Not satisfied with a history of 2000 years of clan blood-feuds followed by 400 years of Protestant-Catholic violence and Old Firm hatred.....now the fucking idiots have started importing the Middle East into their animosity. Celtic fans now fly Palestinian flags and Rangers now fly Israeli ones.

As has been said often it is not devolution that Scotland needs but evolution.
    Do they really? Bloody hell

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk