Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

Default Re: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

Forfar knocked out the cup by Linlithgow U13s...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35289266

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How would you solve the problem of the Scottish League system............

They grow beards young up there. Must be the Irn Bru.

Different employment laws up there as well:

Rose suffered a blow ahead of kick off against Forfar, with captain Mark Tyrell missing from their defence as he was unable to swap a shift at the sausage factory where he works.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post

They grow beards young up there. Must be the Irn Bru.
    Felt tip.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Penguin View Post
    Different employment laws up there as well:

Rose suffered a blow ahead of kick off against Forfar, with captain Mark Tyrell missing from their defence as he was unable to swap a shift at the sausage factory where he works.
    "Can you swap shifts with me?"

"Why?"

"Im playing against Forfar in the cup...."

"Yeah right...."

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

How would I solve the Scottish problem?

8 or possibly 10 high-yield plutonium-triggered hydrogen bombs, suitably targeted, should do it.

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

I have said it for a long time about Scottish football that Celtic and Rangers suffocate it by hovering up all the talent meaning there is little to no competition. Anywho..

- 2 leagues, 18 in a league much like smaller European nations do. Scottish league 1, Scottish league 2 and then have the regional leagues under that.
    - Minimum for 5/6 homegrown players, and that means Scottish born players, not a lad from france who has been there 5 years. I’d even go as far as saying as being born within a certain distance of a club.
    - I’d also say anyone signing up at the age of 16/17/18 have to stay with that club till they are 23. They can move between clubs prior to being 23 if it’s a free transfer (in an attempt to stop celtic and rangers buying players with any potential).
    - Lastly if I was Celtic/Rangers, I would be making my academy in a Barcelona style way. Getting young kids in, educating them and developing top footballers.

Some drastic ideas, but Scottish football is so dire the only way they will get better is by developing young players and raising the standards.

Is anybody really bothered about Scottish football?

They used to have two Leagues (A & B) and regional leagues below that. Why change?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Money

As above, Celtic and Rangers are the problem. Remove those two and you have a competitive ten or so clubs below, who do very well at unearthing talented footballers from a smallish population.

The problem starts, much as it does for clubs in this country, when Celtic and Rangers start hoovering up those players just to fill their bench. While the smaller clubs get the money that allows them to develop the next decent player, their teams are weakened long before they can challenge for any honours (see last season when Celtic bought two Dundee United players a month before playing them in a cup final)
    The players then find their opportunities to develop are restricted.

So, the main issue with the Scottish league is the same as with the English league, except in Scotland it's just two clubs ruining it for the rest, rather than the four or five in England.

Wandering around the CG

Always had a soft spot for Hearts and they've nearly upset the apple cart several times since the mid 80's. But it seems impossible now, even with Rangers out of the equation.

Massive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Always had a soft spot for Hearts and they've nearly upset the apple cart several times since the mid 80's. But it seems impossible now, even with Rangers out of the equation.
    I get the same feeling down the albion mate

Livingston lost the first leg of their Championship play off 5-2 at Stranraer. 90 minutes played in the second leg, they're winning 4-1. 6-6 on aggy, just kicked off in extra time.

And people say Scottish football is shit!

4-3 FT (6-8 on agg). Credit to Stranraer, strong effort to raise themselves for extra time. Might have just found a new second team.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 30-07-16 at 19:35.

Great friend of mine back in the day was (and still is) a Kilmarnock fan and resident. Maurice just takes it all with a smile and resigned shrug, very much like Man City fans used to be before the money rolled in. Fans of some teams just don't expect things to go well, which makes it all the more exciting when they do.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

When I was a kid in the late-50s/early-60s, I used to love hearing the Scottish football results read out on the old BBC radio Home Service (Valspoodle wil explain) on a Saturday teatime.

I didn't have a clue where the fuck these places were at the time, but, hearing the result of Stenhousemuir verses Cowdenbeath or East Fife verses Montrose conjured up the footballing equivalent of an episode of Dr Finlay's Casebook (Valspoodle will explain) in my imagination.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 31-07-16 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    When I was a kid in the late-50s/early-60s, I used to love hearing the Scottish football results read out on the old BBC radio Home Service (Valspoodle wil explain) on a Saturday teatime.

I didn't have a clue where the fuck these places were at the time, but, hearing the result of Stenhousemuir verses Cowdenbeath or East Fife verses Montrose conjured up the footballing equivalent of an episode of Dr Finlay's Casebook (Valspoodle will explain) in my imagination.
    Oh I love a nice scottish accent. After going to uni up there for 4 years I'm told I still had one two years later. Its all gone now.

Left Winger

"East Fife Four, Forfar, Five".

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

If we're going all Scottish. I was never a great one for spit and polish or most the other things military, but I used to love marching behind a pipe band. We finished our section of the Nijmegen Marches in 1962 marching behind one such and it was one of the very best experiences.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    If we're going all Scottish. I was never a great one for spit and polish or most the other things military, but I used to love marching behind a pipe band. We finished our section of the Nijmegen Marches in 1962 marching behind one such and it was one of the very best experiences.
    That's one for the imagination Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    That's one for the imagination Richard.
    What made it even better was the fact that we spent all four days marching in company with the Israeli Army squad who had some delicious girls with them, but they marched in a square with the girls on the inside. The Sgt i/c our team (ex wartime SAS) made it his duty to chaperone the lady officer in charge of the Israeli's and gradually their resistance melted. Great days.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    "East Fife Four, Forfar, Five".
    Didn't the Two Ronnies once do a comedy sketch with that?

Just switched on the TV and Hearts fans are booing their side off the field in July. Always great at this time of year to see football fans getting back to doing what they love.

Also Michael Stewart is a pundit and has just been told off for saying 'crap'.

Football season is back with a bang.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Number Five View Post
    Just switched on the TV and Hearts fans are booing their side off the field in July. Always great at this time of year to see football fans getting back to doing what they love.

Also Michael Stewart is a pundit and has just been told off for saying 'crap'.

Football season is back with a bang.
    They shouldn't really be exiting the League Cup to the likes of Peterhead and Dunfermline to be honest. But I suppose they take it about as serious as we do south of the border.