Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3494 of 3528 FirstFirst ... 24942994339434443484349234933494349534963504 ... LastLast
Results 87,326 to 87,350 of 88177
    Senior Curmudgeon

Default Re: The "I've just..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    They don't call him Ping Pong Ray for nothing. ,

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    A bit like Basketball Bazza?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

...spent a few hours in A&E with my 95 year old dad who is probably dying, while they were trying to canulate a junkie in the next cubicle who had no veins left anywhere. Life isn't all fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    ...spent a few hours in A&E with my 95 year old dad who is probably dying, while they were trying to canulate a junkie in the next cubicle who had no veins left anywhere. Life isn't all fun and games.
    My dad got a room to himself for his last few days. It's not easy though. Bet he's glad you are there.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    You been through her, Ray?
    Am sayin nowt!

Just been told I'm full of shit. I only mentioned that Matt Munroe used to be a bus driver.
    This all started with trying to put directions to our house on Airbnb which ain't as simple as it sounds.
    I was only having a little rant saying most of the thick twats will probably get lost anyway.
    Which brought me to Matt Munroe not getting lost, him being a bus driver and all that.
    All seems perfectly logical to me.

At the big olive tree go left, and then by the white house take the right down to even bigger olive tree

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi | vivit post funera virtus - Emprorer Tiberius

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
    At the big olive tree go left, and then by the white house take the right down to even bigger olive tree
    Reminds me of the instructions Andy Dufresne gave me before he broke out

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Miserable bastard

...got a cold.

Exactly a week before I go on holiday.

I'm taking that as perfect timing, as it should clear up nicely just in time and I'll be unlikely to pick up any other bugs before we go.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Just been told I'm full of shit. I only mentioned that Matt Munroe used to be a bus driver.
    This all started with trying to put directions to our house on Airbnb which ain't as simple as it sounds.
    I was only having a little rant saying most of the thick twats will probably get lost anyway.
    Which brought me to Matt Munroe not getting lost, him being a bus driver and all that.
    All seems perfectly logical to me.

www.what3words.com

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Thanks for that but I don't have an address. It did give me an idea though to put a pin mark of where we are on google maps.

Thanks for that but I don't have an address. It did give me an idea though to put a pin mark of where we are on google maps.

You could then do google directions from a known place to your pin

You could then do google directions from a known place to your pin
    You have to take into consideration that you are dealing with an idiot here.
    Might put a sign up.

You have to take into consideration that you are dealing with an idiot here.
    Might put a sign up.

My mates live in deepest, darkest France, in the middle of the middle of the Mayenne off the main road, down a track, off a beaten track, through a field, down the valley, over the bridge, then under the bridge, etc.

When you know where you're going, it's quite easier, but it took me 2 or 3 attempts to get it right.

When they got married me and my lot were due to get there first a day or so ahead of other families/friends coming in from the UK. I said on the way I'd put up some markers so people who were arriving for the first time couold follow my route without pestering our hosts who would be busy with their wedding plans. After you turn off the main road, there's no signal, so either you've got a good route planned or you're in a maze.

So, as we approached, I attached some blue arrows to fences, trees and the like on the way like Hansel and Gretel laying a breadcrumb trail.

What I didn't realise is that the neighbouring farmer would take them down because we hadn't asked for his permission.

What he didn't realise is that everyone would end up at his place lost and he'd have to bring them down the valley

Last edited by Redemption; 12-06-19 at 12:19.

My mates live in deepest, darkest France, in the middle of the middle of the Mayenne off the main road, down a track, off a beaten track, through a field, down the valley, over the bridge, then under the bridge, etc.

When you know where you're going, it's quite easier, but it took me 2 or 3 attempts to get it right.

When they got married me and my lot were due to get there first a day or so ahead of other families/friends coming in from the UK. I said on the way I'd put up some markers so people who were arriving for the first time couold follow my route without pestering our hosts who would be busy with their wedding plans. After you turn off the main road, their no signal, so either you've got a good route planned or you're in a maze.

So, as we approached, I attached some blue arrows to fences, trees and the like on the way like Hansel and Gretel layiing a breadcrumb train.

What I didn't realise is that the neighbouring farmer would take them down because we hadn't asked for his permission.

What he didn't realise is that everyone would end up at his place lost and he'd have to bring them down the valley
    I have got a couple of signs planned that a mate is making for me with the CNC router he's built.

‘Crumbs,’ said Emily

What with satnavs and Google maps road signs are a bit of a busted flush these days

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    What with satnavs and Google maps road signs are a bit of a busted flush these days
    Satnavs and googlemaps are OK if they're right. And if you have signal (where needed)

Same place in France, in fact same weeked, on the day of the Wedding. We were the last to set of to go to the Mairee for the Ceremony. I put it on Google Maps (still in the early days - HTC Hero iirc)

We arrived at a junction to turn off to go into the town. My mrs was insistent that was the junction. My Google maps was saying carry on. I was driving and we carried on. It took us 6km to the next roundabout and bought us back again to take the slip road on the other side of the junction.

We were late, my mrs was the Bride's witness, I was not popular.

We also go to a camp site in the lakes. The owners of the camp site send you and email and a text saying "don't follow your satnav - you will get stuck - we can't tow you out" as it takes you over a track that turns into a bog...

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

That's the joy of w3w - you don't need an address - in fact it's for places that CAN'T easily be addressed! It specifies a 3 meter square location on the surface of the globe - perfect even for Barry's shed!

That's the joy of w3w - you don't need an address - in fact it's for places that CAN'T easily be addressed! It specifies a 3 meter square location on the surface of the globe - perfect even for Barry's shed!
    I'll have another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    This way to the air conditioning.

Done it ta. Just got to get her indoors to put it on the Airbnb site. Thanks

Miserable bastard

That's the joy of w3w!
    I thought the joy was discovering that you lived in an amusing combination of words like ‘cheesy bell end’

Miserable bastard

Amusingly, considering I work for a Diesel Engine Manufacturer - our reference is ///smug.engine.wiping

Can't Re Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    No I didn't know mate, I've no interest in cars as such so have the attention span of a gnat on who drives what on here.
    Without doubt there are some courteous drivers that own Audi, it's just the idiots that they seem to be attracting that give them a bad reputation.

I've never driven the Beetle, it's been a reliable car for her though, I'll give it that.
    Why do you hate Beetles?
    I don't get that, but I suppose it's different if you're interested in cars.
    Not interested in cars except that they’re comfy and they have gadgets. I like gadgets. Don’t know anything about engines or maintenance or performance or whatever.

I don’t hate beetles but they are marketed to ladies who think they’re a bit quirky. So if a bloke drives one he looks like a wazzock

Oh FFS.

Senior Curmudgeon

My daughter's house is something like Greedy Little Bastard on w3w.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    My daughter's house is something like Greedy Little Bastard on w3w.
    After an afternoon of fucking about with this she tells me she saw it on the TV ages ago. Is it me?