Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phillips

Default Phillips

He rejected an offer from Brom today, so i wonder if we are thinking of making a sneaky offer?

He is not a name beeing banded about by us

He has nopt had any interest from any other club i am aware of.

And him Tyson And earnie would be one almighty Championship strike force.

What do you guys think

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Long Serving Member

Default Re: Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by gamble
    He rejected an offer from Brom today, so i wonder if we are thinking of making a sneaky offer?

He is not a name beeing banded about by us

He has nopt had any interest from any other club i am aware of.

And him Tyson And earnie would be one almighty Championship strike force.

What do you guys think
    Wages.

But he's not an unrealistic target.

Rice IV

Phillips, Tyson, Earnshaw?

The only downside would be that everyone would expect us to be at the top of the league!

Talk to me, Goose.

TBH though paying a high wage but no transfer fee would cancekl each other out surely?

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    Phillips, Tyson, Earnshaw?

The only downside would be that everyone would expect us to be at the top of the league!
    If our defence stay strong we probably would be lol

Who would'nt take Phillips.He is a bit similar to Earnshaw though but at the end of the day we would'nt have had such a formidable strikeforce for a long long time!

Rice IV

That would depend on a lot of things, such as how much we would value him at if we had to pay a fee, and what wages we could afford with that.

For example, if we could pay 4k a week, and were willing to pay £500k for him, a 2 year deal would be worth £900k. Signing on fee could be in the region of £100k, so all in all, we would value his 2 year contribution at £1m

Without the transfer fee, we would have £1m to play with, so could offer 9k a week, with 100k signing on fee.

Does that make sense?

I bet he goes to Derby.

That would depend on a lot of things, such as how much we would value him at if we had to pay a fee, and what wages we could afford with that.

For example, if we could pay 4k a week, and were willing to pay £500k for him, a 2 year deal would be worth £900k. Signing on fee could be in the region of £100k, so all in all, we would value his 2 year contribution at £1m

Without the transfer fee, we would have £1m to play with, so could offer 9k a week, with 100k signing on fee.

Does that make sense?
    Perfect sense it basically means we could afford to offer him twice the wage, as there would be no initial transfer fee

Tyson, Phillips, Earnshaw would be lethal in this league. I don't see why we shouldn't try to sign Phillips I'd love him to join Forest. As long as out defence stays strong and we bring in maybe one defender for back up I think we could do very well in the championship.

Does that make sense?
    Perfectly clear captain

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by gamble
    Perfect sense it basically means we could afford to offer him twice the wage, as there would be no initial transfer fee
    Yes, providing we would be willing to pay £500k for him if he was in contract.

If we woudl onlypay £200k, then we would offer a lower wage, and if we would pay £10m then we could offer silly money.

I thought that he just hasn't accepted the offer that is currently on the table, rather than rejecting it.

West Brom manager says they won't make another offer though.

If we woudl onlypay £200k, then we would offer a lower wage, and if we would pay £10m then we could offer silly money.
    I'd of thought someone like Phillips would fetch somewhere around 1 mil due to his pedigree.

He's very much a proven striker, maybe high wage demand..but if we're going to do well in this league, we do need to spend.
    If we do get him, would be a very good signing

West Brom have made it clear that they are not prepared to be held to ransom by striker Kevin Phillips.

The veteran forward is out of contract in the summer but, as yet, has been unable to reach an agreement which would extend his stay at the Hawthorns.

Having booked their place back in the Premier League for next season, and having seen Phillips find the target on 22 occasions in the Championship, the Baggies are understandably keen to retain the services of the hit-man.

However, contract negotiations have been dragging on for some time and Tony Mowbray has told stalling trio Phillips, Zoltan Gera and Martin Albrechtsen that the offers currently on the table will not be improved.

Good luck

"If they want to ply their trade somewhere else for more money, then good luck to them," said the Baggies boss.

"We will not be bursting the bank for any single player.

"I've seen it happen before and it can be bad for the dressing room."

Makes a lot of sense.

You have to take on board the lack of a resale value though

Definitely a realistic target. We would see what the wage demand would be. It seems that Doughty is ready to dig deep in to his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by dave45678
    Makes a lot of sense.

You have to take on board the lack of a resale value though
    True but then take into account the profit if we got to the prem lol

Samuel

Would love him to come, one of the most under-rated English strikers in my opinion, loved him for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ-Rowley!¬
    Would love him to come, one of the most under-rated English strikers in my opinion, loved him for a long time.
    does he know he has got a stalker?

clops1962

as well as being a top player,kevin phillips is a top bloke as well,myself and my son met him in a bar in lanzarote in 2005 just after we had been relegated and he had with the saints,he had time for every person who wanted to chat and i for one would love to see him in the garibaldi shirt

Quote Originally Posted by clops1962
    as well as being a top player,kevin phillips is a top bloke as well,myself and my son met him in a bar in lanzarote in 2005 just after we had been relegated and he had with the saints,he had time for every person who wanted to chat and i for one would love to see* him in the garibaldi shirt
    Another great reason to sign him on, the least we can do is to try and get him to come.

If we signed Kevin Phillips I might actually start to like and respect Doughty.

If we signed Phillips I'd suck Doughty's cock.