Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Lascelles to Cheltenham........

Banned

Default Lascelles to Cheltenham........

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Lascelles to Cheltenham........

Good luck to the guy. Doesn't look like he's going to storm into the first team any time soon, so some match fitness and experience would be good for him ala Karl Darlow.

Hope he makes a good go of it and becomes the next Wes Morgan. (!!)

I dont get how he is so highly rated yet not getting near the first team though! What do people who have seen him play think of him?

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Army View Post
    I dont get how he is so highly rated yet not getting near the first team though! What do people who have seen him play think of him?
    He's been injured for a few months this season, otherwise, would have been near the first team for a while this season. He's a solid, raw talent, but needs a little bit of match experience.

All for this, would rather see him get a bit more experience of league football then be considered for our side.

I hope we don't loan him out too much might make him want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsabser View Post
    I hope we don't loan him out too much might make him want to leave.
    He signed a massive 4 or 5 year contract in the summer. He knows he's young and he knows he needs the experience. Being loaned out won't make him want to leave, especially if he's going to Cheltenham. I'm sure Darlow would have spoken to him about it. And Regan who's also recently come back from a loan spell.

Swedish Meatball

He was on loan at Stevenage last season and played in the League One play offs for them, so he's no stranger to going on loan.

Hopefully he can get a good amount of game time under his belt. It's a tough to just blood defenders in their teens for us.

Red til I'm dead

I hope they play him at centre-half, unlike Stevenage. He needs to play in his best position so he can learn from the mistakes that all young players make while he is out on loan, and not for Forest.

Although to be honest I would use the rest of this season as a chance to blood Lascelles and see if he lives up to the hype. Ayala is permanently broken, Ward is not ours and Halford is better at full-back. Play him alongside Collins for 20 odd games and then we can assess where we are come May. But that's just me, and McCleish obviously still thinks he can get us promoted this year, whereas I think it is unlikely.

If he can stay fit he has a very good chance of being very, very good.

He can head, tackle, pass or run with the ball and has a decent turn of pace pus he is the right size and seems to have a good attitude.

The biggest critisism I have of him is his positioning can be a bit suspect but he has the pace to recover, that is something that all decent defenders continually improve so no major stress.

Miserable bastard

I dont get how he is so highly rated yet not getting near the first team though!
    Managers seem to value experience much more in defenders and goalkeepers.

I think it's a psycoholgical thing, because a teenager striker missing a chance is just as likely to cost a game as a teenager centre-back missing a header...