Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calm the f**k down

Looking Hairy

Default Calm the f**k down

Seriously, some of you lot are embarrassing. Reading the match day thread and the ludicrous #NFFC feed makes me want to tear my eyes out.

Every goal against or free-kick given away leads to an outpouring of grief I wouldn't expect from a 12 year old. Where has the negativity come from? Last year was a pathetic collection of mind-numbing home defeats and away humiliations and now we're actually alright. We've come a long way in one summer but some of you genuinely think we ought to be top two? It's one thing expecting us to be great after spending ~£6m, but name me one club that has signed an entirely new team and started like gangbusters. It doesn't happen, this year is one of a building process and should be treated as such.

It's worse than ever today though. Look, McLeish isn't going to sort things out inside a week. He's held training for 3 days maximum. I'm not saying he's going to be the answer or anything like that, but the vitriol aimed at him is pathetic. Whether you agree with the decision to sack SOD or not, how in any way is it AM's fault? Constant pressure and shit like '#McLeishOut' isn't going to improve results one bit, imagine starting a new job with 20,000 dickheads jeering at you every second of the day?

And most of all, stop tweeting abuse at Fawaz. What are you hoping to achieve? You might think you're a footballing genius but you're not, he's not going to listen to you and worst case scenario is that he eventually thinks 'Fuck this for a game of soldiers' and moves on.

So calm the f**k down. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that jazz. Defeats like today are crap but they're part and parcel of football.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned

Greg is that you?

Better Call Saul!

Default Re: Calm the f**k down

Quote Originally Posted by Halford's Lid View Post
    Seriously, some of you lot are embarrassing. Reading the match day thread and the ludicrous #NFFC feed makes me want to tear my eyes out.

Every goal against or free-kick given away leads to an outpouring of grief I wouldn't expect from a 12 year old. Where has the negativity come from? Last year was a pathetic collection of mind-numbing home defeats and away humiliations and now we're actually alright. We've come a long way in one summer but some of you genuinely think we ought to be top two? It's one thing expecting us to be great after spending ~£6m, but name me one club that has signed an entirely new team and started like gangbusters. It doesn't happen, this year is one of a building process and should be treated as such.

It's worse than ever today though. Look, McLeish isn't going to sort things out inside a week. He's held training for 3 days maximum. I'm not saying he's going to be the answer or anything like that, but the vitriol aimed at him is pathetic. Whether you agree with the decision to sack SOD or not, how in any way is it AM's fault? Constant pressure and shit like '#McLeishOut' isn't going to improve results one bit, imagine starting a new job with 20,000 dickheads jeering at you every second of the day?

And most of all, stop tweeting abuse at Fawaz. What are you hoping to achieve? You might think you're a footballing genius but you're not, he's not going to listen to you and worst case scenario is that he eventually thinks 'Fuck this for a game of soldiers' and moves on.

So calm the f**k down. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that jazz. Defeats like today are crap but they're part and parcel of football.
    Talking of over reactions....

Just'aYoung'un

This.

I just try to ignore the twitter feed and match day thread after we lose. Seems as though most Forest fans aren't happy unless we're winning 5-0 every week. We are an inconsistent, mid-table side and that is where we will finish come the end of the season.

Floating in space.

Quote Originally Posted by gedlingred View Post
    Talking of over reactions....
    Talk about talking about over reactions.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better: it's not.

Dr. Seuss

Better Call Saul!

Ironic thread #551

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Can someone insert a Dad'd Army "Don't Panic!" please?

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHoSpiKe View Post
    Ironic thread #551

If something looks like shit, smells like shit, tastes like shit, it generally is shit.

You can try and dress it up all you like, but its still shit.

Accept the fact that we have appointed a turd.

The only thing realistically that we have to look forward to is the day that the turd leaves and goes on to ruin somewhere else.

I get the feeling that it wont be long.

Alex - rent, dont buy.

Better Call Saul!

You can't polish a turd - but you can lacquer it and then polish it

I just try not to get wound up and I suppose being critical of the club in the past helps me to see it from both sides better than some.
    Today was crap. And we've had crap from previous managers and previous owners. And previous players. You get the point.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by puds1970 View Post
    I just try not to get wound up and I suppose being critical of the club in the past helps me to see it from both sides better than some.
    Today was crap. And we've had crap from previous managers and previous owners. And previous players. You get the point.
    Have any managers had this bad a start though? Losing thier opening game 3-0 to a side struggling at the bottom end of the league?

Its only one game so you cant judge him, he needs abit of time, but he was bought in apparently because the previous manager was taking too much time.

I dont think McLeish is a bad manager, its just the whole thing smells like a disaster. Not only has it wound up some of the fans, its told them and everyone else that we need promotion this year.
    So when we start off badly, it only exacerbates it and the negative reaction.

Kinda feel sorry for McLeish - think hes going to end up like McClaren realising this is not what he really expected.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 01-01-13 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    Have any managers had this bad a start though? Losing thier opening game 3-0 to a side struggling at the bottom end of the league?

Its only one game so you cant judge him, he needs abit of time, but he was bought in apparently because the previous manager was taking too much time.

I dont think McLeish is a bad manager, its just the whole thing smells like a disaster. Not only has it wound up some of the fans, its pretty told them and everyone else that we need promotion this year.

Kinda feel sorry for McLeish - think hes going to end up like McClaren realising this is not what he really expected.
    This. It always feels like we're on the same page Hulk.

Better Call Saul!

THIS well said young man

The Foam Hand

imagine starting a new job with 20,000 dickheads jeering at you every second of the day?

I had a serious 'laugh out loud' moment then.

Completely agree with your post. In my short time here I feel like I've said it a hundred times- we need to get behind the team and manager. Like him or not he's here now, give him a chance.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

I dont think McLeish is a bad manager, its just the whole thing smells like a disaster. Not only has it wound up some of the fans, its pretty told them and everyone else that we need promotion this year.

Don't feel sorry for him. He has a job to do. And he knew the remit set by the owners. To which he accepted.
    He knows if he's replacing a manager who is doing a decent enough job he needs to warrant him being here. Having said that I thought his "if it ain't broke" comment was a bit cringeworthy.
    Being a manager nowadays is a tough gig. And as long as he's given financial backing I don't envisage it being like the SMC car crash as the type of player we are bringing to the club are far better IMO.
    It's just a case of going an out and doing it. But unfortunately this is also the hardest thing to do.

Better Call Saul!

Imagine starting a new job with 20,000 dickheads jeering at you every second of the day?
    it's called 'The Flagman Effect'

Seriously though, the way I see it is that if this happens a few more times I very much doubt that Fawaz would put up with it and he'll be gone. Either way we're winners - either McLeish will come good and we'll rake in the points or he'll fail and be straight out of the door.... and we'll probably end up with Roy Feckin Keane!

Last edited by ★PsYcHoSpiKe★; 01-01-13 at 20:26.

Is this a end of an era or a new new beginning?
    Is this the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?
    Is McLeish our saviour or our will he suck our club's soul out and leave us like Derby?

Don't ask me, wtf do I know?

Run for the pills!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by T5 Tricky View Post
    If something looks like shit, smells like shit, tastes like shit, it generally is shit.

You can try and dress it up all you like, but its still shit.

Accept the fact that we have appointed a turd.

The only thing realistically that we have to look forward to is the day that the turd leaves and goes on to ruin somewhere else.

I get the feeling that it wont be long.

Alex - rent, dont buy.
    Great post, cannot find anything to disagree with what so ever !!

It's all about mid-table...

Do not ever feel sorry for any manager at any club, where else do you get so richly rewarded for failure?

Of course there's only a few winners in this day and age and countless losers, it's the way they go about their job that either repels fans or draws their support and almost entirely determines their length of stay.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Beerest View Post
    Is this a end of an era or a new new beginning?
    Is this the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?
    Is McLeish our saviour or our will he suck our club's soul out and leave us like Derby?

Don't ask me, wtf do I know?

Run for the pills!

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHoSpiKe View Post
    Seriously though, the way I see it is that if this happens a few more times I very much doubt that Fawaz would put up with it and he'll be gone. Either way we're winners - either McLeish will come good and we'll rake in the points or he'll fail and be straight out of the door.... and we'll probably end up with Roy Feckin Keane!
    For those of you who wanted O'Driscoll gone - you got what you wished for. To those of you who want McLeish out I say - Be careful what you wish for.

Rice 34

Zycomm Two Way Radio