Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Al Hasawi Strategy [what is it?]

Default Al Hasawi Strategy [what is it?]

Let me say straight up, this isn't supposed to be a "they lied" or a "they saved us" type of thread, nor is it supposed to be Driz vs Eck.

So, Al Hasawi, what are they thinking? Maybe it's this:

Start of Season - appoint the manager the players advocate, he seems a good colleague that is easy to work with

Mid Way - team form going down, defence crap, appoint a new manager with an amazing reputation for defence (to a fault)

End of Season - If happy with defensive manager keep him, if not then sack him and appoint new. Either way, hopefully a solid defence will have been built.

Could these be some of the thoughts going through the minds of the Al Hasawi's? If not, then what is their strategy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Seems about right though the fact AM turned it down in the summer as he wanted a break makes me think this option which they've taken was always on the table.

Can managers sign pre contracts!

Default Re: Al Hasawi Strategy [what is it?]

I'm just waiting for Cenobite or Kilburn Red to pop up in a year or two and try to convince us that they are going to sell the City Ground and turn it into a fridge emporium.

A bit like that wind farm that happened last time.

winnits

Whatever their original strategy and whether it was real or imagined, now it seems to be shit or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    Whatever their original strategy and whether it was real or imagined, now it seems to be shit or bust.
    ANY evidence for that remarkable conclusion? Seems "Going for it" is more appropriate!

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post
    ANY evidence for that remarkable conclusion? Seems "Going for it" is more appropriate!
    Call it a hunch. Any evidence for your semantically similar conclusion?

Call it a hunch. Any evidence for your semantically similar conclusion?
    Yep, paying off a nice man's 3 year contract because he was out of his depth at this clubs level and appointing someone whose done a bit. We have to see if it's the right way but they're spending the money. Have to say I was pleased with the crowd reaction today and I have fingers crossed all goes well but hey *who* knows!

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post
    Let me say straight up, this isn't supposed to be a "they lied" or a "they saved us" type of thread, nor is it supposed to be Driz vs Eck.

Start of Season - appoint the manager the players advocate, he seems a good colleague that is easy to work with

Mid Way - team form going down, defence crap, appoint a new manager with an amazing reputation for defence (to a fault)

End of Season - If happy with defensive manager keep him, if not then sack him and appoint new. Either way, hopefully a solid defence will have been built.

Could these be some of the thoughts going through the minds of the Al Hasawi's? If not, then what is their strategy?
    The defence is the 5th best in the league. In terms of goals scored we're 12th.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by twig View Post
    The defence is the 5th best in the league. In terms of goals scored we're 12th.
    How much of that is down to "super saves" from Lee Camp..............

What needs to be looked at is how many shots on target and off target have the opposition had against us. Far too much last minute blocks and wonder saves........ stop that by making the back four much more organised and we might stop losing and drawing games and start winning more.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Got the same hunch

Last one standing

I've got the same lunch.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by barry butlin View Post
    Got the same hunch
    You could try orthopaedic shoes..

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Who will BooBaby boo?
    I'm up on the eleventh floor and I'm watching the Harleys below.

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    How much of that is down to "super saves" from Lee Camp..............

What needs to be looked at is how many shots on target and off target have the opposition had against us. Far too much last minute blocks and wonder saves........ stop that by making the back four much more organised and we might stop losing and drawing games and start winning more.
    If we'd swapped 'keepers before kick-off, we would have won yesterday (no, not Darlow). Spironi has been in great form recently and was my man of the match yesterday. Camp has been staying on his line too much.

Last edited by Red Duster; 30-12-12 at 10:27. Reason: too many 'greats' so changed one into 'my man of the match'

Speroni has always been a decent keeper.

Banned

We are cardiff

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Giuseppe Gariboldi View Post

This, like every other strategy or 'what's their aim?' threads misses the most pertinent question. Why are they here? You assume they have footballing aims, which is clear from your rationalisation of their strategy.

I blame that guy who threatened Doughty with that illiterate email. After that, of course the family would sell o absolutely anyone.

Talk to me, Goose.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by ForestinLancs View Post

Yep, paying off a nice man's 3 year contract because he was out of his depth at this clubs level and appointing someone whose done a bit. We have to see if it's the right way but they're spending the money. Have to say I was pleased with the crowd reaction today and I have fingers crossed all goes well but hey *who* knows!
    What makes you think they paid up 3 years of it, and do you know if its hit his bank yet?

Quite an assumption.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by MSG View Post

If we'd swapped 'keepers before kick-off, we would have won yesterday (no, not Darlow). Spironi has been in great form recently and was my man of the match yesterday. Camp has been staying on his line too much.
    I thought that, Speroni would've saved their second.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I thought that, Speroni would've saved their second.
    Wasn't the Palace goal partly due to Camp being too far off his line?

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post

I don't think so, but will have a look. The ball shouldn't have got to Murray, though.,

Banned

Shit or bust

I don't think SO'D was ever the man they wanted. Time was running out to the start of the season, they'd had a couple of knock backs and needed a manager, the players expressed a desire to have him back so they gave him a go.
    It's fairly obvious the decision was taken before the Leeds game, so the period of time they looked at when they took the decision, results and performances were disappointing. It seems they came to the conclusion that a new man might cure the problems that didn't seem to be getting sorted out under SO'D.

If we're looking for an underlying reason for the lack of patience, look at the absolutely ridiculous chasm in revenues between the champ and the PL.

This is the simplistic way I see they have acted to date:

1. Came in, bought a club with dissapearing squad.
    2. Unable to get an "iconic" manager so appointed SOD to quickly avoid looking stupid for letting Cotterill go.
    3. rebuilt the squad VERY quickly (demonstrated good use of funds, didnt buy big time charlies)
    4. Added sharp to already decent front line of Dex & Cox. (At this point my confidence/expection in the squad was high)
    5. Dissapointed in SODs use of single striker up front (although Cox unavailable)
    6. Look for a manager that can do better as they believe they can spend to improve on a upper mid table position.

boxing day......

Everybody says our defence has been poor, but statistically we have the 5th best defence but the 14th best attack (in terms of goals). I know the distribution of goals in certain games is as important as total number scored/ conceded but I was still surprised by that stat.

Who will BooBaby boo?
    I'm up on the eleventh floor and I'm watching the Harleys below.

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    I think Camp was off his line for their 2nd, in general though, he does stay too long on his line these days. If he had not followed the advice in my earlier post he would have had a much better chance to save the looping header.