Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so what do us fans REALLY want ?

Default so what do us fans REALLY want ?

short and simple question ?

personally i want to see forest in the top division, eventually playing decent football and competing with the best. i am prepared to suffer dire football and scrappy 1-0 wins in the process of achieving this (after all we have seen so much of this over the last decade) so what are your thoughts ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
    short and simple question ?

personally i want to see forest in the top division, eventually playing decent football and competing with the best. i am prepared to suffer dire football and scrappy 1-0 wins in the process of achieving this (after all we have seen so much of this over the last decade) so what are your thoughts ?
    See us build for a sustainable future, ingrain a footballing ethos throughout the club, final outcome being the ability to pass teams off the park.

Hence why I am now depressed.

Default Re: so what do us fans REALLY want ?

I will give him a chance. I didn't want billy at first and he proved me wrong. I don't want to watch dour football though. I want to see good football. A few scraped wins I can take for the overall good. I am a realist. But if it is just a case of getting forest in the top flight and scraping wins I might as well just sit home and watch the result coming in on tv.

A win tomorrow, and then we will take it from there.

Sustainable future playing attractive football we all want to see.

Not, let's just get there any old way then worry about it despite the fact we play shit football with a load of mercenaries.

Banned

Most fans want NFFC in the PL.

Some people just want Billy Davies.

Some people want NFFC to be a permanent fixture in the Championship, playing flowing football but losing most of the time - but they do not care as they pay to watch the flowing football and do not care if we lose a lot.

At this juncture the bottom 2 sections are crying and wailing and shouting and moaning - while many of us (upper section) are happy our owners want to push on to get PL status as soon as possible.

Last edited by JWJW; 28-12-12 at 10:16.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    See us build for a sustainable future, ingrain a footballing ethos throughout the club, final outcome being the ability to pass teams off the park.

Aye this, with the added bonus of the entire club wanting to pull in the same direction, which includes the owners. Patience, from board through to fan level and not this insane short-termism we've seen too often which puts too much pressure on the here and now rather than the long term future of the club. It's why we've been dross for thirteen years - every manager we've had has had "promotion, this season, or else" wrapped round their neck.

This...

Well for me he can start from building from the back at first and then after getting a solid defence we could look to build on to some attacking football.

The problem with SOD was the defence didnt always look stable and that could account to a number of things injuries for example but obviously he knew this and was obviously looking to address this in January, but now he cant.

So for AM if he sorts that out and make us hard to beat and then look to build on to something better.

I've slept on and this and whatever my feelings towards it im going to back him

This.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Mill View Post
    This.
    This for me to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sheseltine View Post
    Well for me he can start from building from the back at first and then after getting a solid defence we could look to build on to some attacking football.

The problem with SOD was the defence didnt always look stable and that could account to a number of things injuries for example but obviously he knew this and was obviously looking to address this in January, but now he cant.

So for AM if he sorts that out and make us hard to beat and then look to build on to something better.

I've slept on and this and whatever my feelings towards it im going to back him

Alex McLeish was a defender and one thing he demands is solid defence. You will see a change in that respect, there will be no more crappy defending once he has done his thing.

He has always been quite open on attacking, saying he likes attacking play BUT BUT BUT it should be backed up with solid defence.

Decent passing football that will get us promoted just don't want to see hoof ball like we did last season! I'd have more fun watching paint dry or blow torching my nipples off!

this

Last one standing

I'll tell you what this fan wants, everyone to calm down. Lost track of the amount I've threads I've had to delete because they've descended into personal insults!

I know a lot of you are upset but can someone please think of the moderators?!

Whatever they might be feeling at the moment, what I would like is for Forest supporters to actually stop this ridiculous moaning and groaning when we have a manager whos team havent even yet kicked a bloody ball!!!!
    Its truly embarrassing!!!!

Reserve judgement, see what players he brings in / who goes out, see how the players are responding to him, see what the performances are like, see where we are in the division and what progress we are making by say, early Feb - and only then if its garbage start the booing / moaning!!

Never known so many Forest supporters to be part-time clairvoyants and so capable of seeing into the future! Why not sit back with a reasonable hat on and see whats served up?

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I'll tell you what this fan wants, everyone to calm down. Lost track of the amount I've threads I've had to delete because they've descended into personal insults!

I know a lot of you are upset but can someone please think of the moderators?!
    I just wrote a long reply (with an apology) only to get the message "permission denied" when trying to post it.

Tosser!

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
    Alex McLeish was a defender and one thing he demands is solid defence. You will see a change in that respect, there will be no more crappy defending once he has done his thing.

He has always been quite open on attacking, saying he likes attacking play BUT BUT BUT it should be backed up with solid defence.
    Has he fuck! there is nothing attacking about his tactics whatsoever. Birmingham rarely scored at the best of times!

TheDude

He has shown he's a very much 1-0 to his team type manager.

your long reply was probably that....shorten it and it will post okay

Quote Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
    your long reply was probably that....shorten it and it will post okay
    No, thread was deleted by the Mod police

Spot on mate. I'm even more depressed than when McClaren was appointed.I reckon we've just blown our chance of getting into the play-offs this season and at the same time not build for the future. 2 terrible decisions by owners who have been badly advised.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

What Dapper & RLP posted and to not have to worry about the manager getting sacked every week.

If we do ever go up, then whoever takes us up should not be sacked even if we're bottom on no points, and unless an absolute top manager (Ferguson, Mourinio, Brian Clough standard) becomes available.

I'm sick to the back teeth of those which have served us well getting shat on, and those which have done fuck all like McClaren being backed to the hilt.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 28-12-12 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Apathy View Post
    Whatever they might be feeling at the moment, what I would like is for Forest supporters to actually stop this ridiculous moaning and groaning when we have a manager whos team havent even yet kicked a bloody ball!!!!
    Its truly embarrassing!!!!

Reserve judgement, see what players he brings in / who goes out, see how the players are responding to him, see what the performances are like, see where we are in the division and what progress we are making by say, early Feb - and only then if its garbage start the booing / moaning!!

Never known so many Forest supporters to be part-time clairvoyants and so capable of seeing into the future! Why not sit back with a reasonable hat on and see whats served up?
    What we can see is how McLeish managed other clubs and the opinion these clubs' fans have of him. He is despised by both Villa & Birmingham fans.

I want to know what the fuck Fawaz is up to!! AM may well get us into the PL this season but you can guarentee that we will come back down the following season. In 5 years time we will be in the Championship trying to get back to the PL. Under SOD, I envisaged that the 5 year programme we were sold by the new owners we would not just have made it to the PL but established ourselves there and be a good footballing side whilst bringing through our academy graduates.