Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 172 of 172 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172
Results 4,276 to 4,299 of 4299

Thread: The Premier League as it happens Thread

Default Re: The Premier League as it happens Thread

Ronaldo back to United would be a sensational move, but just think of the players they could buy with that money. There's no doubt they need a new defence, and instead of buying Ronaldo they could buy a couple of really good centre backs and a centre midfielder. Morata could be bought from Madrid and if they needed to sell De Gea I would instantly replace him with Kasper Schmeichel.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Madrid will put a fat new pay packet infront of Ronaldo and he'll stay put. The papers will make fat pay packets from all the pointless speculation in the meantime. The circle of life continues.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Getting linked with Man U is the way all the top players get bigger contracts these days.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Ronaldo back to United would be a sensational move, but just think of the players they could buy with that money. There's no doubt they need a new defence, and instead of buying Ronaldo they could buy a couple of really good centre backs and a centre midfielder. Morata could be bought from Madrid and if they needed to sell De Gea I would instantly replace him with Kasper Schmeichel.
    They conceded the second fewest goals last season, behind Tottenham. For some perspective they conceded 4 goals fewer than title winners Chelsea, but Chelsea scored 32 goals more.

That suggests their problem is not scoring enough and that their defence is pretty sound. Ronaldo is one of not only the greatest players when it comes to scoring goals, but he is the type of player who is a driving force that can win games with that extra bit of skill hardly anyone else can match. He is the sort of player who they could do with, but not for that kind of cash at this point in his career

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    They conceded the second fewest goals last season, behind Tottenham. For some perspective they conceded 4 goals fewer than title winners Chelsea, but Chelsea scored 32 goals more.

That suggests their problem is not scoring enough and that their defence is pretty sound. Ronaldo is one of not only the greatest players when it comes to scoring goals, but he is the type of player who is a driving force that can win games with that extra bit of skill hardly anyone else can match. He is the sort of player who they could do with, but not for that kind of cash at this point in his career
    They would recuperate a vast part of that sum from sponsorships and shirt sales though. Ronaldo rejoining Man Utd is probably their marketing team's wet dream.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    They would recuperate a vast part of that sum from sponsorships and shirt sales though. Ronaldo rejoining Man Utd is probably their marketing team's wet dream.
    If Ronaldo rejoined Man U, their marketing department could probably take the rest of the season off.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Get joe hart

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Get joe hart

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hes terrible

I wonder if they might go for a young English one like Butland or Heaton.

The marketing aspect might make the transfer make more sense yeah, but to get real value (financially and in terms of being deemed a success football wise) they'd want to be looking at at least one PL or CL trophy within the next couple of seasons wouldn't they? I don't think he'd elevate them that much at this time. His compatability with Mourinho could be an issue too (although despite not necessarily loving each other, he scored a lot for him at Real Madrid) and also how he'll fit in and how the team would be made up around him. If he'd be too immobile now to be a wing forward, would he be blocking Rashford's path and development again (like Ibra has done arguably)?

Well it seems apparent Chris Smalling is on his way out of the club, which then leaves them with a big gap in their defence.
    That's what I mean about Ronaldo, it'd be great for the club and as you say he's the sort of player that can add that extra bit of quality to win games. I just question spending £160m or whatever it is on one 32 year old player (granted, voted best in the world), as opposed to strengthening multiple areas of the team.
    They finished 6th last season for a reason.

Looks like a third football coach next season, a fourth in England in recent years will have served a suspension after testing positive for steroids. First one to find a single bit of negative press about that from our media who are leading the fight against performing-enhancing drug use - by exposing the delivery of a package, missed whereabouts tests or the pushing the grey-area boundaries in other sports - wins! Go.

Footballers drugs don't count.

Especially when you consider how many of these high-profile athletes who were banned for testing positive for the same performance enhancing drug played for the same team. It looks like names of team in other sports have become a dirty word for less. How on earth did that team get a free pass from the media?

Who we talking about francis?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Who we talking about francis?
    ^ This.

Stop talking in riddles Francis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't worry chaps, I'm on it. I Google 'football coach suspended steroids" and the first result was...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/0...wed-to-players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Brilliant.

And yep, we fell in love with flawed genius' who weren't afraid to show their emotion. Which is why it's so sad to see them villanized now, especially when they do well with our club.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
    Don't worry chaps, I'm on it. I Google 'football coach suspended steroids" and the first result was...

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/0...wed-to-players

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Ive an idea where his missus works..

https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=3ca_1497721122

NSFW.

Reflects the lack of media attention on doping in football that you'd have to ask.

Linford Christie coaches British sprinters cannot get accreditation at the Olympics because of failed test in retirement. Premier League and Chmpionship has manager who served doping bans for testing positive for steroids, and that passed is pretty forgotten.

Even when banned footballers all played for the same teams, there is no real spotlight on that team. In cycling and athletics that team would be toast for less.

makes sense that football doesn't make the effort, when catching high profile athletes only damages a sport's popularity. If there's no suspicion or no media spotlight, cons to catching cheats probably outweigh the pros.

Double standards in the media is frustrating though.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 23-06-17 at 10:09.

Best served cold

They finished 6th last season for a reason.
    Yes - because they didn't score enough goals. That was the reason. Signing a player like Ronaldo goes a long way in addressing that. Replacing a defence that was already the second best in the league last season wouldn't.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 23-06-17 at 12:14.

Yes - because they didn't score enough goals. That was the reason. Signing a player like Ronaldo goes a long way in addressing that, replacing a defence that was already the second best in the Premier League doesn't.
    The goalies contribution in that was massive

He is world class, how many other world classs keepers are there about? and how many are for sale should de gea be part of the deal?

Best served cold

The goalies contribution in that was massive

He is world class, how many other world classs keepers are there about? and how many are for sale should de gea be part of the deal?
    As part of the deal Man U were going to get Navas from Madrid and he's an excellent, world class keeper. Some of the saves he pulled off last season as Real marched to the league and Champions League titles were incredible. Donnaruma is also available after rejecting a new contract at Milan.

Real have said they are keeping Navas as their number one anyway and that they no longer want De Gea. Which will probably change repeatedly over the course of the window.

As part of the deal Man U were going to get Navas from Madrid and he's an excellent, world class keeper. Some of the saves he pulled off last season as Real marched to the league and Champions League titles were incredible. Donnaruma is also available after rejecting a new contract at Milan.

Real have said they are keeping Navas as their number one anyway and that they no longer want De Gea. Which will probably change repeatedly over the course of the window.
    The deal i read was Ronaldo for de gea plus £175 million....

For me theres good goalkeepers and then theres a select group of World class keepers...i dont think Navas is in that group.

Best served cold

The deal i read was Ronaldo for de gea plus £175 million....

For me theres good goalkeepers and then theres a select group of World class keepers...i dont think Navas is in that group.
    As far as I know Navas was always supposed to be a makeweight in the deal, but reports could have been wrong.

De Gea is very good but statistically speaking he didn't have to make many saves last season, on average around 1.5 per game, which doesn't take anything away from the quality of those saves but it suggests the defence in front of him was doing a good job in limiting the chances created against United.

I reckon they'd cope with a Navas, Donnaruma or any of the other quality keepers they'd be able to get with the added bonus of having a seriously bolstered attacking threat from Ronaldo.

But it's all guessing.