Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: The Premier League as it happens Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    He's the new Claude Makalele.
    Better "footballer" IMO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Agents' fees paid by English clubs up by 38% for 2016-17 - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39526917
    Giz a job yoof

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Agents' fees paid by English clubs up by 38% for 2016-17 - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39526917
    Giz a job yoof
    Madness!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nffc are 3rd

Fawaz really is a fool when it comes to money.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

He's the new Claude Makalele.
    From what I've seen of him Chris, I'd argue that he's the new Ian Bowyer, but without the same goal threat.

Time to start up the demise of Arsenal thread? They seem to be getting worse by the week. Had a feeling Palace would be up for it and stuff them and they truly have.

Wenger seems oblivious to the fact most Gooners want him out. Arsenal should do the decent thing and end this, before he announces he's staying on for another fruitless 2 years.

Last edited by MASE; 11-04-17 at 11:36.

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Arsenal should do the decent thing and end this, before he announces he's staying on for another fruitless 2 years.
    I'd be quite happy with 2 fruitless years finishing 5th in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I take your point, although we're talking a slightly different level of expectation. Apparently Wenger turned down signing Ngolo Kante for fear of hindering Frances Coquelins development, I think thay says it all about the stubbornness of the man.

Theyve got millions in the budget, he won't spend it, but clearly hasn't got the tactical nous to compensate.

Im not an Arsenal fan & even I find his reluctance to concede its not working fucking frustrating. Ultimately I aint that bothered, but I think he also needs to consider his own health.

There is no way Wenger is leaving. It's why they haven't announced any news about him yet.

If he was leaving, it would have been announced already. At the moment, they are waiting for a suitable time to announce the contract extension.

Not sure why he wants to stay though, he's done great things at Arsenal but I struggle to see how he is going to repeat what he has done in the past. Last season was his golden chance to win the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    It's all relative. I'm sure Mansfield Town fans would be quite happy treading water in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It's all relative. I'm sure Mansfield Town fans would be quite happy treading water in the Championship.

Although to play Dick Advocate, you'd think after being in league 1 for 3 years our fans would have been happy with making the playoffs in the Championship for a few years. But it wasn't good enough.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Although to play Dick Advocate, you'd think after being in league 1 for 3 years our fans would have been happy with making the playoffs in the Championship for a few years. But it wasn't good enough.
    I see what you did there Alf.
    In all seriousness I feel we have gone that long as supporters not having a manager for long enough to be able to understand what our managers philosophies are that we don't know what type of manager will not split us down the middle. Apart from one that's got us near the top of the table and that's a million miles off. And oh as you say that wasn't good enough back then was it.
    Take PM for instance. Lovely bloke, a real class human being and started off by playing some good football. But the players started to take the piss and he had no answer. A bit like CC in that he is very hard to dislike on a personal level. Where as the unmentionable one liked to bring a group mentality approach. And the problem with that is especially in the modern day is if all the players don't buy into it you are on a very slippery slope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wenger's just being left behind. The squad he's assembled isn't particular good at defending and they don't have a striker to put in the goals.

Without Sanchez they'd probably be desperate to just hold onto a UEFA Cup slot.

They need a complete overhaul, manager included.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

It's the age old story - Wenger was an innovative coach twenty years ago, but whilst he's stood still and stubbornly done th same thing season after season the game has continued to evolve. Younger managers have innovated and moved things on. Now he just seems like an old timer stuck in his ways.

Chelsea will bottle the league and I for one will think it's hilarious if Spurs win the title after Chelsea and Hazard's shenanigans last season.

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It's the age old story - Wenger was an innovative coach twenty years ago, but whilst he's stood still and stubbornly done th same thing season after season the game has continued to evolve. Younger managers have innovated and moved things on. Now he just seems like an old timer stuck in his ways.
    Disagree. He wasn't innovative, he came at the right time in the right place, he could have gone to Bournemouth and ended up in the same league as Basford Utd. Stood still? Why? How? You mean not spending multi multi millions in the cauldron of bullshit on the roulette of overhyped overrated players? Wenger is a good financial manager and has done more than what's been asked by what's above him

It's a sad old world, especially in football when the skysports punditry and marketing has got 95% of the population well and truly hoodwinked and spellbound.

Forgive them all for they know not what they do.

Man U v Chelsea is just a load of over hyped tattooed twats trying to con the ref yet somehow Sky will claim it was a great game and your modern day football fan in his half & half scarf will buy into it

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Disagree. He wasn't innovative, he came at the right time in the right place, he could have gone to Bournemouth and ended up in the same league as Basford Utd. Stood still? Why? How? You mean not spending multi multi millions in the cauldron of bullshit on the roulette of overhyped overrated players? Wenger is a good financial manager and has done more than what's been asked by what's above him

It's a sad old world, especially in football when the skysports punditry and marketing has got 95% of the population well and truly hoodwinked and spellbound.

Forgive them all for they know not what they do.
    You frequently remind us you don't like the Premier League Ray, but some of us still enjoy watching top flight football. You sound like a bitter and envious lower league fan.
    No one forces you to watch it.

Last edited by Ravi; 18-04-17 at 09:19.

Not strictly Premier League but congratulations to Man United on putting those despicable Belgian cheats out of the Europa League.

Last edited by siforest65; 21-04-17 at 07:30.

Left Winger

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Once a ****, always a ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I must say though, all of the media outlets are reporting how he said he "wished he'd raped her" in that context, but in actual fact he said he got more for kissing her than others did for full sex.

Who recorded that and uploaded it though? Do they all get internet access in prison?!

Can a prisoner's sentence be extended if they show a complete and outward lack of remorse for their crimes? I'm assuming that, strictly speaking, this doesn't fall under "bad behaviour".

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

They should chop his cock off & sow it to his forehead