Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp and Ayala

Default Sharp and Ayala

Not sure if this has been posted, but SOD wants them both permanently, but realizes they might not want to stay/they might cost too much for what they are worth. Would love to see them sign properly, especially Billy.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/No...ail/story.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Fully expect both of these guys to sign in January.

Default Re: Sharp and Ayala

thought we had the option to buy on sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by NEWARKREDS! View Post
    thought we had the option to buy on sharp?
    Just speculation - the whole 'we paid £1m for the loan' thing was made up too. I'd love to see them both sign. Surely Ayala would only be 500k

FOREST!

Southampton may want to wait to see what league they are in next season first

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Might wanna use the prospective Sharp cash to buy a high quality defender, thus ensuring safety

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    Just speculation - the whole 'we paid £1m for the loan' thing was made up too. I'd love to see them both sign. Surely Ayala would only be 500k
    Was true. We paid for a season long loan with the option to buy in January built on top. Agree we could snatch Ayala for under a million though.

I'm almost 100% sure we'll sign both in January. Just waiting to see if we go for Ayala in Summer after we get a full season out of him.

FOREST!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    not sure 2million is going to help too much, they have plenty of money anyway

Best served cold

Signing Sharp would be great, but I'm not sure about Ayala. Dont get me wrong he's a very good player, but hes so injruy prone.

Hes been injured I think 3 times for us, already. If he can stay fit he'd be an excellent signing, but he had a bad injury record before he joined us aswell didnt he?

Didn't Norwich pay something like £2m for Ayala? Or is that just in my head?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolser View Post
    Didn't Norwich pay something like £2m for Ayala? Or is that just in my head?
    In your head, it was less than a Mil

I used to rate Ayala but I wouldn't sign him after seeing him play so far this season. He's got talent but the last thing you need is a center back who'll go in to a game thinking "yeah, I'm gonna get sent off as soon as possible today". That's not just from this game either, he regularly makes some terribly timed challenges. Send him back

TheDude

Need a sign a couple of defenders in Jan or at least a CB.

would love to see billy in a red shirt peremently but not sure about ayala theres better out there.i would like to see lascellas get in the team.

As well as signing the man himself we need to sign players that will unlock Sharp's full ability. He should be a 20 goal striker. Probably just needs a couple of wingers to open up a bit of space

Long Serving Member

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    As well as signing the man himself we need to sign players that will unlock Sharp's full ability. He should be a 20 goal striker. Probably just needs a couple of wingers to open up a bit of space

Or Radi....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Or Radi....
    They do seem to have something.

Billy YES Ayala NO.

I would say a big fat NO to Ayala. Your better off playing Lascelles and giving him some experience

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Not sure i want Ayala on the evidence of this season & yesterday especially.

Sharp is a no brain required signing please.

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

sharp is too quick upstairs for our midfield,his movement is something i cant help but admire...

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Not sure i want Ayala on the evidence of this season & yesterday especially.

Sharp is a no brain required signing please.
    Yesterday I thought the formation n his teammates got Ayala sent off.He was constantly covering his fellow defenders when they were out of position but he should of been subbed before he was sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988 View Post
    Yesterday I thought the formation n his teammates got Ayala sent off.He was constantly covering his fellow defenders when they were out of position but he should of been subbed before he was sent off.
    ^^^^ very true, he's the only one with decent pace in the back line at the moment so he gets to cover everyone. Add in "headless chicken" Moussi standing around in midfield (Moussi was again so far off the pace of the game, and don't get me started on his buddy Reid standing around beside him pointing and hoping other players make tackles) and you'll notice the back 3 had Watford runners coming at them from all angles in the 1st half.

Quote Originally Posted by nffclsr View Post
    ^^^^ very true, he's the only one with decent pace in the back line at the moment so he gets to cover everyone. Add in "headless chicken" Moussi standing around in midfield (Moussi was again so far off the pace of the game, and don't get me started on his buddy Reid standing around beside him pointing and hoping other players make tackles) and you'll notice the back 3 had Watford runners coming at them from all angles in the 1st half.
    Camp bowled it out to Moussi who did not want it!

Why can't we hold the opposition up better when they have the ball?
    Why don't we keep control when we have it?
    Why don't we know when to send it into the channels?

Could it be we have too many mediocre/can't be arsed midfielders?

Was oit me or were we playing 3-5-2 yesterday and still got overan?

I'd keep Ayala. I think a lot of his good work goes unnoticed by fans, in the sense some of his positioning and anticipation is so good that it stops chances for the opposition occurring in the first place, so they wouldn't see that last ditch defending that Elliott Ward seems to rely on.

What I would say about him is to me it looks like he thinks he's playing in the reserve games getting fitness still. Silly late challenges and trips like he did yesterday expecting to get away with it perhaps? Also his general running demeanor, seems a bit sluggish. Could it be because he's not had a run in a first team for a long, long time and isn't used to it? It's no excuse, but I do wonder if he's been accustomed to reserve team football of late which is a lot more lenient as they're practically a bunch of friendlies.

I'd stick with him for now though, just have a strong word in his ear that he doesn't need to dive into tackles like he did. Focus on his composure and distribution into midfield and we could have a very good defender on our hands.

And signing Sharp is a no brainer.