Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Senior Pol

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgford_71 View Post
    Does the edge of the body dig into your forearm?
    I had this problem with the Esquire, after one gig I noticed blood on the guitar and my arm was chaffed so after that I wore a large wristband
    , I mean visually I don't like the shape, rather than having trouble playing one. Sorry, should have made it clearer.

"Charlie don't surf for his hamburger momma!!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Samuel

Does the edge of the body dig into your forearm?
    I had this problem with the Esquire, after one gig I noticed blood on the guitar and my arm was chaffed so after that I wore a large wristband
    Ouch!

Pretty guitar though!

Left Winger

The problem some find with the Telecaster/Esquire body is the top-back edge digging into their ribs.

That's why Leo Fender sculpted the back of the Stratocaster to take a chunk out of that area to make it more comfortable for players to hold, especially when playing seated.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The Wand!

Default Re: The guitar thread

I mostly use the Tele these days but my pride and joy has to be the 64 Jaguar, got it from a guy in NYC that had owned it since the 60's. It has an Oxford Green refin so not quite as valueble as one that is completely original.

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The problem some find with the Telecaster/Esquire body is the top-back edge digging into their ribs.

That's why Leo Fender sculpted the back of the Stratocaster to take a chunk out of that area to make it more comfortable for players to hold, especially when playing seated.
    The Stratocaster was designed by the guy who wrote the Looney Tunes introduction.

One day I'll have one of these bad boys.

Currently going for £2,200 most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    That is a pretty sexy Les Paul.

Not as nice as mine though.

Attachment 3856
    That is pretty mine is just a badboy.

That's the thing I like about mine the pickups have a very dark sound (more so than the pickups fitted to the standard Gibson LPs at the time) it has no pretentions it just is.A dark guitar for dark music.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post

That is pretty mine is just a badboy.

That's the thing I like about mine the pickups have a very dark sound (more so than the pickups fitted to the standard Gibson LPs at the time) it has no pretentions it just is.A dark guitar for dark music.
    Plus, mines only an Epiphone, Samick though!

The Wand!

I cant seem to get on with Les Pauls, always preffered SG's out of the Gibson bunch. The only one I ever bonded with was a Les Paul Junior double cut model with Soapbar pickups.

My true guitar of choice is a Strat, whatever you need to do a Strat will do it.

Here's my stock of Strat(ish) guitars.

From left to right '56 re-issue(MIA) 1989 E series Squier (MIJ) 1962 Musicmaster, 1973 Strat (MIA) pickups rewound by Bare Knuckle

The Tuxedo Strat on the right is a 1982 model with the X1 pickups.The last standard Strat production from the old Fullerton factory generally known as 'Smith' Strats.

The amp is a 1973 Silverface Vibro Champ.

The Wand!

My true guitar of choice is a Strat, whatever you need to do a Strat will do it.

Here's my stock of Strat(ish) guitars.

From left to right '56 re-issue(MIA) 1989 E series Squier (MIJ) 1962 Musicmaster, 1973 Strat (MIA) pickups rewound by Bare Knuckle

The Tuxedo Strat on the right is a 1982 model with the X1 pickups.The last standard Strat production from the old Fullerton factory generally known as 'Smith' Strats.

The amp is a 1973 Silverface Vibro Champ.
    I agree on the Strat. Its one of them guitars I've owned numerous times then sold for whatever bit of gear I've wanted at the time.

Nice Musicmaster, is that the original finish? Looks mint for a 62. Had a few of those too, a 76 and a 77 model, great short scale necks.

Samuel

Love it! I really want one of the Roadworn 50's Strats in sunburst.

Just so I can pretend to be Ronnie Wood!

I agree on the Strat. Its one of them guitars I've owned numerous times then sold for whatever bit of gear I've wanted at the time.

Nice Musicmaster, is that the original finish? Looks mint for a 62. Had a few of those too, a 76 and a 77 model, great short scale necks.
    No it's not the original finish, I aquired it from a guy in Birmingham (Alabama) who had resprayed it using modern black car paint which did it no favours! But the rest of it was totally original. So we struck a deal at $150.
    I then took it to peices and sent the body to the Fender Custom shop for a refinsh in it's original Olympic white, cost a small fortune but in the end I have a brilliant little guitar. The pickup is great for blues work it has that sort of 'I've been played in every roadhouse in every state' sound to it.

Samuel

No it's not the original finish, I aquired it from a guy in Birmingham (Alabama) who had resprayed it using modern black car paint which did it no favours! But the rest of it was totally original. So we struck a deal at $150.
    I then took it to peices and sent the body to the Fender Custom shop for a refinsh in it's original Olympic white, cost a small fortune but in the end I have a brilliant little guitar. The pickup is great for blues work it has that sort of 'I've been played in every roadhouse in every state' sound to it.
    Do you have a video of it? Would love to hear it.

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Anyone here ever owned an Iceman?

I've wanted one since i was like eight. Is the price tag worth it?
    is it someone like System of a Down who use one of these from memory?
    Ibanez's are fine if you get an old one - they turned into cheap nasty crap when they outsourced production to Korea in much the same way as Dean did with their 'Z' range. Trouble is the price difference. Depends what you want it for though I guess.

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Have had a Beast and a Warlock from BC Rich in my time. Always found them to be ridiculously head heavy, though.
    Same here - I had a beast and a warlock - fuckin awfully weighted guitars - superb sound though and uncharacteristically sweet tone when played mellow on the neck pickup - thankfully the masters mockingbird is not like that

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    One day I'll have one of these bad boys.

Currently going for £2,200 most places.
    hope you've got big hands - the neck is as fat as an elephants cock

Quote Originally Posted by PsYcHoSpiKe View Post
    hope you've got big hands - the neck is as fat as an elephants cock
    Nah...........depends which model you get. The 60's style slim taper neck is almost like playing a Strat.The 50's style necks are pretty chunky but really only a problem if you are a bit of a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Do you have a video of it? Would love to hear it.
    I don't but I will do one over the holidays and post it.

Better Call Saul!

this was one of my old guitars - ESP vertical skull - perfect metal guitar!!!

this was my first ever guitar 25 years ago!
    A Rockster 'KICK ASS' with some sort of Judge Dredd character on and it played better than any squire i've ever picked up since!!

Last edited by ★PsYcHoSpiKe★; 16-12-12 at 14:35.

Left Winger

I've got fairly big hands and found a Les Paul studio quite comfy.

My Tele has a chunky neck too, which I find suits my hand perfectly.

I played a borrowed Ibanez once, a very thin neck that had, and I couldn't keep the thing in tune (Floyd Rose trem!)

I had a go on a Jeff Beck Signature Strat once too - that thing had a neck as thick as a baseball bat!

Samuel

I don't but I will do one over the holidays and post it.
    Thanks! I look forward to it.

I've found my Les Paul neck to be the most comfortable out of all the guitars I've played.

Second my EJ200 and third the EJ160e!

Better Call Saul!

Nah...........depends which model you get. The 60's style slim taper neck is almost like playing a Strat.The 50's style necks are pretty chunky but really only a problem if you are a bit of a girl.
    haha!
    admittedly it's the 59 reissue sunburst (slash GNR style) I have the experience of but I guess it's fine if your just gonna be chugging out chords and basic stuff but for metal speed guitaring wouldn't be too suitable unless you've got big hands.

Better Call Saul!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I've got fairly big hands and found a Les Paul studio quite comfy.

My Tele has a chunky neck too, which I find suits my hand perfectly.

I played a borrowed Ibanez once, a very thin neck that had, and I couldn't keep the thing in tune (Floyd Rose trem!)

I had a go on a Jeff Beck Signature Strat once too - that thing had a neck as thick as a baseball bat!
    same here with the ibanez - cheap korean crap ones - have snapped many a string in shops trying to get one that's good. Just left the whole idea of ibanezs behind a long time ago

Better Call Saul!

the only gibson I've ever owned:-

my checkerboard Warbeast

my slipknot Kramer