Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 174 of 179 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4474
  1. #4326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    8,386

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I always liked Slim's Hamstercaster.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xacnx3MI-k58Mu

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #4327
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,198

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I always liked Slim's Hamstercaster.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...xacnx3MI-k58Mu

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    I saw them in the early 90’s, I worked with a Psychobilly and he invited me over to Chesterfield, they were playing at some rough as fuck pub called the Queens Park I think.
    Must’ve looked funny, I had long hair wearing hoolie clothes and I was with about ten psychobillys with massive quiffs
    Great gig, he used to swear by his Squier Strats back then.


  4. #4328
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Asked Andertons a question last Friday and still not had a response. Replied to the email prompting them again today but this is a bit unacceptable in 2019.

    I'm thinking of going to the Captain, but wondering how best to contact him that's not in public.

    Thing is is, I'm not even that annoyed with the original answer (can't buy the guitar I want on finance but there is options to buy it with interest included finance?) I just wanted to know why the option is there.

    They're the only ones who have stock of the instrument I actually want as well. Useless.


  5. #4329
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,198

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Asked Andertons a question last Friday and still not had a response. Replied to the email prompting them again today but this is a bit unacceptable in 2019.

    I'm thinking of going to the Captain, but wondering how best to contact him that's not in public.

    Thing is is, I'm not even that annoyed with the original answer (can't buy the guitar I want on finance but there is options to buy it with interest included finance?) I just wanted to know why the option is there.

    They're the only ones who have stock of the instrument I actually want as well. Useless.
    If you want to get a straight answer I’d call them.
    Assuming that’s still an option


  6. #4330
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    If you want to get a straight answer I’d call them.
    Assuming that’s still an option
    Their hours are the same as my work ones, and I like to get away from phones n that when I'm on my lunch


  7. #4331
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,161

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Their hours are the same as my work ones, and I like to get away from phones n that when I'm on my lunch
    @andertonsmusic on Twitter?

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  8. #4332
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    17,722

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    Asked Andertons a question last Friday and still not had a response. Replied to the email prompting them again today but this is a bit unacceptable in 2019.

    I'm thinking of going to the Captain, but wondering how best to contact him that's not in public.

    Thing is is, I'm not even that annoyed with the original answer (can't buy the guitar I want on finance but there is options to buy it with interest included finance?) I just wanted to know why the option is there.

    They're the only ones who have stock of the instrument I actually want as well. Useless.
    You rang me sir?


  9. #4333
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    You rang me sir?
    I did think of you whilst moaning. I'm over the barrel a bit though, as Andertons only have these models in stock now (apparently)


  10. #4334
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    17,722

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    I did think of you whilst moaning. I'm over the barrel a bit though, as Andertons only have these models in stock now (apparently)
    Andertons are a bunch of rapscallions in my humble opinion.


  11. #4335
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    on Holiday in Florida and I've seen this thing of beauty - trying hard to convince myself not to buy it as its a little overpriced lol




  12. #4336
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,198

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Can’t decide if I like those graphics or not. I think it’s a no from me.


  13. #4337
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,161

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    I’m sorry, but that’s hideous.

    Maybe I am missing something?


  14. #4338
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    *Billy Gibbons dislikes Bryn's and Strummer's above posts*

    This guy's signature - https://youtu.be/T6xELvER3hE

    Last edited by Freddie; 20-07-19 at 14:52.

  15. #4339
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    The BG



    Apparently these were obscenely light.


  16. #4340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    It's not a great photo as it's up close but the pin striping does look spot on - apparently, it was a limited run of electromatics pinstriped at the Gretsch custom shop by Hot Road Walt from the Psycho DeVilles


  17. #4341
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    8,386

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    *Billy Gibbons dislikes Bryn's and Strummer's above posts*

    This guy's signature - https://youtu.be/T6xELvER3hE
    I want that bass.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  18. #4342
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by ozthecoz View Post
    It's not a great photo as it's up close but the pin striping does look spot on - apparently, it was a limited run of electromatics pinstriped at the Gretsch custom shop by Hot Road Walt from the Psycho DeVilles
    And no, I didn't know who Hot Rod Walt was until I researched lol - apparently big in the Gretsch world and also does pin striping on vehicles etc.

    I would imagine Rockabilly knows of him as they both use bryl cream and live in the 1950s


  19. #4343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Speluncarrum Domus
    Posts
    9,571

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    In Cash Monkey Mansfield this morning for £299.99; how much are they asking in FLA?



    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  20. #4344
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,823

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by ozthecoz View Post
    on Holiday in Florida and I've seen this thing of beauty - trying hard to convince myself not to buy it as its a little overpriced lol

    Holy fucksticks that's supa-cool


  21. #4345
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,198

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    In Cash Monkey Mansfield this morning for £299.99; how much are they asking in FLA?

    I saw that yesterday as well and thought what a coincidence. Never knew they existed until this thread then there’s one in the flesh in one of the local Crack Converters.


  22. #4346
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,823

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Heading down tomorrow if I get chance for an oogle


  23. #4347
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    23,198

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos View Post
    Heading down tomorrow if I get chance for an oogle
    There’s a multitude of cheap Strats in there as well, a black Squier affinity model caught my eye at £75. They have nice necks and are a good basis for upgrades.


  24. #4348
    Billy Davies long lost lovechild.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    37,823

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    There’s a multitude of cheap Strats in there as well, a black Squier affinity model caught my eye at £75. They have nice necks and are a good basis for upgrades.
    I enjoy a bit of guitar bargain hunting. Rarely do I find one which is quality all round, but it's way easier to find one that does 1 job well than folk think.

    An old £100 Rickter I had sounded shit for loads of stuff, but it got a killer Slash rolled-back tone for songs like Sweet Child.


  25. #4349
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,233

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    $450 Alabama - so Mansfield is cheaper (surprise surprise lol)


  26. #4350
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    8,386

    Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Freddie!

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    In Cash Monkey Mansfield this morning for £299.99; how much are they asking in FLA?

    I remember the days when you could wander down Alfreton road and there would be half a dozen shops selling second hand guitars.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •