Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 3,276 to 3,279 of 3279

Default Re: The Guitar thread -Not sponsored by Samuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Gibson are a bit of a minefield unless you've got about £900 upwards to spend.
    Some of the recent specials they did were shocking, but you might be able to pick something up like a second hand SG Standard for that price if you search hard.

A high end Epiphone will be better than a low end Gibson imo.
    Cheers Bryn .

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Got some work to do on my Epiphone Les Paul over the next few days. I think age is showing.

It looks as the tailpiece is being pulled from the body. My fault as I've put heavy strings on it, reverse wound it and messed around with tunings. I glued it back in but reverse wound with tens has pulled it back out a bit.

Thinking of trying some stronger glue, changing the nut and stringing it with 9s normally.

Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Got some work to do on my Epiphone Les Paul over the next few days. I think age is showing.

It looks as the tailpiece is being pulled from the body. My fault as I've put heavy strings on it, reverse wound it and messed around with tunings. I glued it back in but reverse wound with tens has pulled it back out a bit.

Thinking of trying some stronger glue, changing the nut and stringing it with 9s normally.
    Get some epoxy in it. It won't shift then.
    Best you can get is West. Bloody expensive and I'm not sure what the smallest size is you can get. You would probably only need a couple of sample pots.

Last edited by Lefkasman; 20-09-18 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Get some epoxy in it. It won't shift then.
    Best you can get is West. Bloody expensive and I'm not sure what the smallest size is you can get. You would probably only need a couple of sample pots.
    I've got some Loctite super glue somewhere, I was tempted to use a dab of that as it doesn't expand.

I'm never going to sell it because it was my go to for such a long time, and it sounds really nice. I might replace it with a proper Paul one day though.