Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3008
    Left Winger

Default Re: The Guitar thread - sponsored by Samuel!

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    You ageist now?

I think Brad Paisley might want a word on that.
    Besides, Keith Richards is quite clearly immortal.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: The Guitar thread -Not sponsored by Samuel.

To be fair, they haven't touched the metal genre..

Apart from Jim Root... Halestorm... Metal brands like ESP/Ibanez/Chapman all copying the shape

Wait a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    I wouldn't even know who Brad Paisley is, Alabama

Seemed like an opportunity for a cheap shot.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    He's one of the top Country artists but if you can get past that he is a really good guitarist.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Yeehaa, like me a bit of country music sometimes, but why do they have to bring God into it?

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by The Arctic Samuel View Post
    To be fair, they haven't touched the metal genre..

Apart from Jim Root... Halestorm... Metal brands like ESP/Ibanez/Chapman all copying the shape

Wait a minute

WallBangerz

Fed up with these constant pictures of Robbie Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Yeehaa, like me a bit of country music sometimes, but why do they have to bring God into it?

Sells albums.

The Wand!

To be fair to Sam the Tele isn't really a heavy rock guitar, more known for its twang and snap.
    Neither is the Strat without modifications, but it's faired better than the Tele in those genres.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    To be fair to Sam the Tele isn't really a heavy rock guitar, more known for its twang and snap.
    Neither is the Strat without modifications, but it's faired better than the Tele in those genres.
    Jimmy Page is outside, and he wants a word...

You can make a telecaster do anything, it's the perfect Electric guitar

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Jimmy Page is outside, and he wants a word...
    Oh yeah, anything is doable if you process the signal enough. You could play heavy rock on a ukulele with the right FX.

Fender guitars don't sonically lend themselves to heavy rock music though, in their basic form. That's how the Superstrat was born. Eddie Van Halen dropped a Gibson PAF humbucker in a Strat type guitar and the rest is history.
    From there on in we got Jackson, Ibanez, Kramer, Washburn, Dean...all making Stratocaster design guitars with humbuckers and a Floyd Rose.

Even heavy rock Strat loyalists modify their guitars, from Malmsteen to Dave Murray. They change the stock pickups and process the shit out of their guitars signal. Hendrix used a Fuzz Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Oh yeah, anything is doable if you process the signal enough. You could play heavy rock on a ukulele with the right FX.

Fender guitars don't sonically lend themselves to heavy rock music though, in their basic form. That's how the Superstrat was born. Eddie Van Halen dropped a Gibson PAF humbucker in a Strat type guitar and the rest is history.
    From there on in we got Jackson, Ibanez, Kramer, Washburn, Dean...all making Stratocaster design guitars with humbuckers and a Floyd Rose.

Even heavy rock Strat loyalists modify their guitars, from Malmsteen to Dave Murray. They change the stock pickups and process the shit out of their guitars signal. Hendrix used a Fuzz Face.
    You do make some valid points of course.

But when the likes of Page and Beck were playing in the Yardbirds (which is essentially when Page was using the Tele) the sort of heavy signal processing just wasn't available. Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, Copi Kat was about it; I read an article once the US and I think from memory they said that in '68 there were only about a dozen effects pedals available. They got most of their sound simply by over driving valve amps and playing with different valves.

Any way more to the point I would have agreed with on the Tele's unsuitability for heavier music at one time until a few years ago now I was trying a Tele out in a shop (Highland Music, Birmingham Al.) and looking round for an amp to plug into I randomly plugged into a Mesa Boogie. Man that combination just blew me away! I spent the next hour just running through my repertoire of AC/DC/ Sabbath/ Purple riffs (no Smoke though)and it was just an awesome combination.

it may be an excellent guitar, but personal preference is that I rekon it looks like a dog.

That said, no doubt some of 'you people' wont appreciate the shape of the corvette or streamer, and I won't bore you with talk of wood and resonance.

huh huh huh wood.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    it may be an excellent guitar, but personal preference is that I rekon it looks like a dog.
    OK I can see where you have been going wrong now.

DOG

TELECASTER

Your music will improve if you learn to tell the difference between these two. Maybe you should try an instrument that looks more like a dog such as bagpipes.

Any way glad that confusion is sorted out.

It's alright, we know Jimbo goes for looks as opposed to tone, hence why he's got a Warwick instead of a Stingray

Left Winger

Oof. Brutal.

Sounded worse than I meant it

That said, no doubt some of 'you people' wont appreciate the shape of the corvette or streamer, and I won't bore you with talk of wood and resonance.

huh huh huh wood.
    Agreed, they may be the best Guitars in the world but always look a little too hillbilly for me lol. Give me a Les Paul or a Gretsch any day of the week

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    You do make some valid points of course.

But when the likes of Page and Beck were playing in the Yardbirds (which is essentially when Page was using the Tele) the sort of heavy signal processing just wasn't available. Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, Copi Kat was about it; I read an article once the US and I think from memory they said that in '68 there were only about a dozen effects pedals available. They got most of their sound simply by over driving valve amps and playing with different valves.

Any way more to the point I would have agreed with on the Tele's unsuitability for heavier music at one time until a few years ago now I was trying a Tele out in a shop (Highland Music, Birmingham Al.) and looking round for an amp to plug into I randomly plugged into a Mesa Boogie. Man that combination just blew me away! I spent the next hour just running through my repertoire of AC/DC/ Sabbath/ Purple riffs (no Smoke though)and it was just an awesome combination.
    I know what you mean.

Townsend used a Tele at skull-splitting volume for a while as well.

It's an age old debate. You could even go into mahogany is more open grained than ash and alder, so Gibson guitars have a darker tone than Fenders, which is why they started putting a maple cap on Les Paul's. As you will know.

It's interesting that Tony Iommis first SG had single coil P90's in it and all he used was a Treble Booster with his Amp.

Personally, if I'm playing Heavy Rock at home through the Orange without any boost or FX, my Sheraton sounds better than the Teles. The pickups drive the amp better and the tone is warmer.

lol some right guitar snobs!!! Apologies for having an opinion here...

Ive not played a stingray, but from what I've heard (and Ive heard them a lot) the tone is not for me. not as much growl as a warwick

They all sound wank when the sound engineer gets involved

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

The Wand!

Ive not played a stingray, but from what I've heard (and Ive heard them a lot) the tone is not for me. not as much growl as a warwick
    I don't mind what anyone plays mate, I just spent a lot of time reading up on stuff and experimentation with different products.

You're welcome to an opinion just don't be wrong

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    They all sound wank when the sound engineer gets involved
    ”Turn it daaaaahn!”

. not as much growl as a warwick
    There you go again it's dogs that growl! Are you sure it is a guitar (or a Warwick) you are playing and not just plugging the pooch into the amp?