Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Findley

Default Robbie Findley

I see that Robbie Findley was on the bench yesterday so as many rightly comment about no speed on our flanks maybe we should try him again.
    Before everyone jumps on me for suggesting this consider where SOD intended to play him if he had got on the pitch !

A little bit of luck would not have gone amiss yesterday as we did not appear to get any.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Robbie Findley

I agree shouldn't write him off just yet and i really wanted him to come on and use his pace, it could of changed the game

worth another chance yesterday was perfect chance lots of space down the flanks his pace may have unlocked hull

Unfortunately he's never seemed to have anything else to his game other than being able to run quick. Even as a forward i don't think i've ever really seen him get it down and run at someone. Not with any success anyway! Very much in the Chris Allen mould for me.

It's a sign of how poor we've been the last few games that fans are calling for players that weren't good enough in a relegation threatened side last year, and still weren't good enough in league two this season. Unfortunately they're also right in the fact we can't do much worse at the moment!

He couldnt even pass straight whilst they were warming up at half time!

Being a striker with pace doesn't make someone a winger.

At the very least a pacey 'winger' draws defenders off the central play. Sometimes two at once. If we're achieving sod all else, he would make a good decoy, especially against a team like Hull. Either they deal with him or they ignore him and then maybe he'll have a bit of space and time to get something right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-tK8...e_gdata_player

I wonder if he was properly scouted or Forest just watched that video?

No highlights available of his good play at Forest but plenty of that miss.

Hoped he would have been given a chance yesterday - especially at the end as part of a front 3 when desperate for a goal

Footy Manager Researcher

Did you notice that they'd spelt his name wrong on the teamsheet and the scoreboard

While i don't think he should be given a go as he's had more than one chance, why is he on the bench if it's not to bring him on when we are losing. Surely his place is better taken by a youngster to give him a bit of match day experience. There were loads of complaints last year that only having 5 subs stopped the youngsters coming through. Given 7 how often have we had a young lad on there, other than the keeper? Lascelles a couple of times maybe, thats it.

no.

TheDude

I'd have brought him on for Copps.

He has loads of pace ... something we are in need of .

Bring back Tyson and Kevin James, we miss their pace.

TheDude

Findley's pace is a myth

Never mind analysing just how fast he is, the truth is his few performances for forest have actually been good. His goal ratio isn't bad, he's shown one or two excellent finishes and he's come on and made a real impact in the air before that's had us all put of our seats chanting usa. We didn't chant that just for a laugh, itnwas clear he was making things happen. I'd have thought when the game is flat he's an ideal sub to change things up and if his confidence is shot, perhaps him getting no chance whatsoever might explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold red View Post
    That's just one mistake.

His three league goals in nearly two seasons really makes up for that. Prolific.

No chance needs to be shipped out hes just returned from Gillingham on loan where he also sat on the bench most of the time enough said

I remember when he made his debut. There were so many on here who went delirious on how good he was and that he was a premier league player. Just goes to show a lot on here know fk all. One idiot posted a video on here of that debut showing his runs and touches which shows how much we get ahead of ourselves when we are good but when we are not its the total opposite. Personally I still think he can add something to this team. His confidence is rock bottom and his touch is not as bad as it is made out to be and he has pace to burn which stretches teams and which is an option we don't have at the moment? Unfortunately until he turns it around either here or somewhere else he will always be judged on that one miss v Leicester.

Last edited by REDRAT; 02-12-12 at 15:31.

He's not really had a fair crack at the first team as we always seem to have a load of strikers on our books. Unless he starts showing some signs of improvement it's probably best for all involved shipping him out.

Red til I'm dead

Quote Originally Posted by Windows View Post
    Being a striker with pace doesn't make someone a winger.
    I might just change my username to this, for the amount of times Ive said it. Doesnt work though....

On another note, its nice to see Forestexileinlincs starting a thread to discuss something which already has at least 2 other threads devoted to the very same subject elsewhere on the forum for a change. It's also heartening to see him/her keeping up his/her record of only ever posting to start a thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Windows View Post
    Bring back Tyson and Kevin James, we miss their pace.
    Though you say that in jest, Tyson's hard work was invaluable. How many free kicks did he win us in dangerous positions? How many times did his pace make defenders put it out for throws or win us corners we had no right to win? He was involved in plenty of goals too from his running into channels and putting the ball across the box. People remember him for his largely inaccurate finishing, but he gave us a lot more than that as a team player. I wish we would have kept him personally. The amount of times this season we've had players in wide positions deep in opponent territory who have not had a go at the full back (ie Reid most of the time and Coppinger about 5 times yesterday) and had to go back is ridiculous, we've wasted a lot of great chances to attack.

Nope, never rated him. We don't seem to have any youth players in that 'nearly good enough for first team' bracket to sit on the bench. Not attacking wise anyway.