Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Sean O'Driscoll was a 'cultural' fit.

Didn't see if anyone shared this yesterday, apologies if so.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...-cultural-fit/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not that type of player

Default Re: Sean O'Driscoll was a 'cultural' fit.

Nice to read a balanced and thoughtful article about us.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

That made me feel warm inside.

Sean O'Driscolls, red n white army!

We are in good hands with SOD, he is the man i wanted to replace billy and McLaren and im so happy we've got him, he plays football the way we want to see it played, he makes good use of the academy, is sensible in the transfer market and speaks sense in public.

Literally the only concern i have about him ( and its a curious one that might not even have anything to do with him ) is the cause for Doncasters massive injury crisis that they suffered for almost a year at the end of his reign there. It could be down to many things, poor facilities, injury prone players, an unfortunate series of unlucky coincidences etc. etc. I just hope it has nothing to do with the way he trains players. It probably doesnt and its overreacting to call it a concern, maybe just a nagging doubt in the back of my head, but even so, i dont think we could be in better hands managerially ( within reason of course )

Last one standing

He goes a bit mad a year or so in and starts intentionally injuring his own players...usually with a baseball bat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    Didn't see if anyone shared this yesterday, apologies if so.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...-cultural-fit/
    Thanks Robbie for posting the link, after a challanging day at work, nice to sit with a cup of tea and read that !

Tricky T

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    We are in good hands with SOD, he is the man i wanted to replace billy and McLaren and im so happy we've got him, he plays football the way we want to see it played, he makes good use of the academy, is sensible in the transfer market and speaks sense in public.

Literally the only concern i have about him ( and its a curious one that might not even have anything to do with him ) is the cause for Doncasters massive injury crisis that they suffered for almost a year at the end of his reign there. It could be down to many things, poor facilities, injury prone players, an unfortunate series of unlucky coincidences etc. etc. I just hope it has nothing to do with the way he trains players. It probably doesnt and its overreacting to call it a concern, maybe just a nagging doubt in the back of my head, but even so, i dont think we could be in better hands managerially ( within reason of course )
    When his first choices like Billy, Copps,James O Connor etc were injured at Donny SOD didnt have the depth of squad to bring in quality replacements off the bench. Because of Donnys lack of financial clout many of the replacements he was allowed to get were either out of contract Journeymen or bargain basement buys. We've already the a decent amount of replacements available in our squad and if areas of the team start to struggle with injuries suspensions etc he's getting the chairmans support to bring in decent cover eg Elliot Ward,

I think we'll be ok course at last we have the resources to survive a crisis

New roots in the Forest
    Breaston - an exile from the frozen wastelands of the North East

You know, I'm proud to have been chosen by this football club - 'called' almost, if you will.

Every day I seem more and more signs that I am a part of something quite special; even unconvential in modern football.

And it makes me smile.

Banned

As the old timers here will tell you, Forest were well known for playing attractive football throughout their years, when they won the cup in 1959, according to my father, it was a result welcomed by most neutrals as a reward for Forest stylish football.

When I first attended a game in 1967 under Manager Jonny Cary, again Forest treated their fans to smashing football, one might say, it is part of the clubs DNA.

Senior Doom Monger

I read the Blog this morning and thought about posting - good read.
    The fundamental argument about "cultural fit" out into print many of the thoughts that I had when we were looking to appoint a manager.
    I felt very strongly that many of the names simply did not fit with the Club that I know and love.
    OK - SO@D has made the odd tactical decision that I haven't agreed with, and I am a little concerned that the competitiveness of the players is spilling over the border into being aggressive, but overall I get a sense that SO'D s the right man at the right time to take us to the right place in the right way.

It made me smile when I noticed that was written by the same fellow who wrote the Aidy Boothroyd future England manager article; the reactions on here couldn't be more different.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Forester View Post
    You know, I'm proud to have been chosen by this football club - 'called' almost, if you will.

Banned

Where are the ones who were taking piss cos we didnt get an iconic name gone?

New roots in the Forest
    Breaston - an exile from the frozen wastelands of the North East

Quote Originally Posted by tropix View Post
    I stand by my cheesiness...

Make it a stuffed crust!

Is this the Truth?
    Quote "So when Cotterill was jettisoned in the summer, O’Driscoll went with him and put his rehabilitation to good use by accepting the job as Crawley manager."

not really,. his contract was up and he left well before cotterill was sacked

Swedish Meatball

He was briefly Crawley manager during the summer though, ForestinLancs, you may not be aware.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Good little piece and nice that folk recognize just how much he overachieved at Donny. When they sacked him I was a bit gobsmacked, as he was another manager overachieving with the resources he had available.

winnits

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Good little piece and nice that folk recognize just how much he overachieved at Donny. When they sacked him I was a bit gobsmacked, as he was another manager overachieving with the resources he had available.
    Another..?

tel - 0898 12 11 74

I think he's in the swing of it now, it's always good when the fans look at the line-up and agree with the 11 picked, together we stand and all that. Apart from playing Moosie at Leeds he's been pretty much spot on in recent weeks.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by winnits View Post
    Another..?

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 15-04-19 at 12:30.

Abingdon, Oxon but always a Kirkby-in-Ashfield boy....

if I recall corrrectly, didn't Sharp start the season off well for Donny with goals before breaking a leg and not playing again all season? If your main goal threat is out and you have nobody to replace him, then he was sure heading for a troubled season.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordshireRed View Post
    if I recall corrrectly, didn't Sharp start the season off well for Donny with goals before breaking a leg and not playing again all season? If your main goal threat is out and you have nobody to replace him, then he was sure heading for a troubled season.
    Sharp went to Southampton last season didnt he? Because i think he scored against donny....could be wrong. But im sure there was some uproar to do with his celebration

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Abingdon, Oxon but always a Kirkby-in-Ashfield boy....

August 2011 when he broke it in 3 places. SO'D left after 7 games so it sort of fits in with the timing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15902106

Returned December 2011 and scored against the Saints......prompting them to buy him.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordshireRed View Post
    August 2011 when he broke it in 3 places. SO'D left after 7 games so it sort of fits in with the timing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15902106

Returned December 2011 and scored against the Saints......prompting them to buy him.
    Yeah, but he didnt miss the whole season