Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1486
    Forum Tactician

Default Re: LTLF Boxing thread

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Joshua's best win came against a 41 year old Klitschko who had been retired for 18 months and came off the back of being humiliated by Fury in his own back yard. Not to mention that Klitschko slapped him around for alot of the fight and if he was a few years younger would likely have finished him off. Let's not hold up Joshua's record as something special...

I agree glass jaw is harsh, these are heavyweights and everyone in the division has a punches chance but Whyte dinged him, and with more experience he could have taken him out. Klitschko dinged him. Ruiz has now dinged him. No shame in it but there is a weakness there, if you can hit him he completely falls apart for at least a couple of rounds.

He isn't humble, he is Eddie Hearn's robot and you have completely fell for it. Hearn has put him in positions and situations where he makes him look the golden boy of boxing because that look sells. I know someone who knows alot of people around the Liverpool boxing scene and the public Joshua is very different to the private Joshua, but nobody will say fuck all because Hearn can make or break your career as a UK boxer.

I still stand by assessment of Joshua, and that is after watching every fight of his and live twice. His footwork is ponderous, there is little to no lateral movement with him. He has little boxing IQ and he wins with fast hands and power. When he cant overpower someone and the boxing brain needs to kick in, he struggles.

Joshua v Wilder would be a great dust up as they are both power merchants. Either could win by KO but I'd fancy Wilder. Joshua v Fury and Fury would win with one hand tied behind his back. Usyk is the wildcard of the bunch and could be the best mix of boxer and power between them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Agree with all of that, lets not forget Povetkin dinged him too, so thats pretty much all four guys he's fought outside of "bum" status. Agree with the flaws, he just walks forward, he's clearly susceptible to a left hook & he's painfully slow.

Wilder would get rid off Joshua inside two rounds.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Agree with all of that, lets not forget Povetkin dinged him too, so thats pretty much all four guys he's fought outside of "bum" status. Agree with the flaws, he just walks forward, he's clearly susceptible to a left hook & he's painfully slow.

Also would have been interesting to see if Parker was allowed to get in to him. It would have been a blow out to the death and could have gone either way.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Also would have been interesting to see if Parker was allowed to get in to him. It would have been a blow out to the death and could have gone either way.
    I think Parker could of done similar to ruiz if he was allowed by ref to get inside, I don’t know why foreign fighters come to the UK, at times the ref/judges are a joke

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Joshua's best win came against a 41 year old Klitschko who had been retired for 18 months and came off the back of being humiliated by Fury in his own back yard etc.
    I have acknowledged all of the same points re: Joshua's technical limitations already on the thread - I don’t think there’s any great secret surrounding them. Fact is, the heavyweights are bigger than ever, and good footwork is becoming ever rarer in a division where good footwork has always been a rarity (we'll come back to Fury). Joshua has only "fallen apart" once on contact (conveniently, in his last fight); he didn't fall apart against Klitschko, he was levelled by a genuine one punch knock-out merchant, took a couple of rounds off to get his senses back and then won the fight in spectacular fashion. Against Whyte he had his legs back by the next round. Povetkin broke his nose early doors, but he was never scrambled. Heavyweight boxers will wobble when they're hit, that's the law of the division; he's not unique in that respect.

As for Fury beating him with one hand behind his back, I don't see it. I'm not saying Fury wouldn't win, but it's a 50/50. Fury has limitations of his own: he has the footwork, hand speed and power of a middleweight (exaggerating for effect, but you get it). He's elusive, but he's not Will O the Wisp; Wilder got to him eventually, and Joshua is a far more accurate and economical puncher. Put Joshua in Wilder's shoes for the last minute of that 12th round and Fury doesn't make the bell. For my money, Joshua beats Fury, Fury beats Wilder and Wilder beats Joshua.

I only hope that the fights are made - hopefully the Ruiz loss will actually help with that - things change quickly in boxing and nobody wants to miss the gravy train.

Last edited by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini; 04-06-19 at 09:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think Parker could of done similar to ruiz if he was allowed by ref to get inside, I don’t know why foreign fighters come to the UK, at times the ref/judges are a joke
    Absolutely. Could have gone either way but wanted to see it and was Parker’s way to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsy-bitsy Bonatini Yellow Polkadot Bikini View Post
    I have acknowledged all of the same points re: Joshua's technical limitations already on the thread - I don’t think there’s any great secret surrounding them. Fact is, the heavyweights are bigger than ever, and good footwork is becoming ever rarer in a division where good footwork has always been a rarity (we'll come back to Fury). Joshua has only "fallen apart" once on contact (conveniently, in his last fight); he didn't fall apart against Klitschko, he was levelled by a genuine one punch knock-out merchant, took a couple of rounds off to get his senses back and then won the fight in spectacular fashion. Against Whyte he had his legs back by the next round. Povetkin broke his nose early doors, but he was never scrambled. Heavyweight boxers will wobble when they're hit, that's the law of the division; he's not unique in that respect.

As for Fury beating him with one hand behind his back, I don't see it. I'm not saying Fury wouldn't win, but it's a 50/50. Fury has limitations of his own: he has the footwork, hand speed and power of a middleweight (exaggerating for effect, but you get it). He's elusive, but he's not Will O the Wisp; Wilder got to him eventually, and Joshua is a far more accurate and economical puncher. Put Joshua in Wilder's shoes for the last minute of that 12th round and Fury doesn't make the bell. For my money, Joshua beats Fury, Fury beats Wilder and Wilder beats Joshua.

I only hope that the fights are made - hopefully the Ruiz loss will actually help with that - things change quickly in boxing and nobody wants to miss the gravy train.
    You make a good argument even if I don’t agree with all of it. I do agree we want to see the fights made. Agree that this may help too. Hearn tried to protect that precious (in modern boxing) 0 and now they risk losing that and the big fights, certainly the bargaining chip for the big fights. Next two fights now have to be Ruiz and if successful the winner of Fury Wilder 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Another example of a sportsman who thinks he's the big I am before he's achieved anything of note.
    I can only presume this is sarcastic?

World Amateur Championships silver medal
    Olympic gold medal
    Wins IBF world title in his 16th professional fight
    Wins WBA (and IBO) world title in his 19th professional fight
    Wins unification fight for the WBO title in his 21st fight

If he hasn't achieved anything of note then I am not sure that many ever have.

So he was buzzed by Whytes left hook, the same left hook that left Lucas Browne and Dereck Chisora rigid and asleep on the canvas and that dropped Joseph Parker. Probably the best left hook in the division.
    Buzzed by Klitschko a man with 53 KO’s.

Every time he has been down he has got back up. To me it’s not his jaw that is the problem, it’s his survival instinct, which is to cover up and wait for his opponent to stop punching. And more so his gas tank, which surely has to be in part due to the level of muscle bulk he is carrying. I have always thought that an overly muscular body isn’t fit for purpose when it comes to boxing.

Let’s also not forget that Deontay Wilder got dropped by Dustin Nicols, a man who makes Ruiz look like a chiselled adonis. Ortiz had him staggering around the ring repeatedly like the town drunk and was about 5 seconds from being stopped, somehow Breazeales panicked arm punch when getting unloaded on had him reeling back on wobbly legs and covering up. Even pillow fisted Fury had him rocked and stumbling back covering up.

Then there is Fury, dropped by Neven Pajkic, a guy with just 5 KO’s on his record. He was floored heavy and hurt by pillow fisted cruiserweight Steve Cunningham also.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    So he was buzzed by Whytes left hook, the same left hook that left Lucas Browne and Dereck Chisora rigid and asleep on the canvas and that dropped Joseph Parker. Probably the best left hook in the division.
    Buzzed by Klitschko a man with 53 KO’s.

Every time he has been down he has got back up. To me it’s not his jaw that is the problem, it’s his survival instinct, which is to cover up and wait for his opponent to stop punching. And more so his gas tank, which surely has to be in part due to the level of muscle bulk he is carrying. I have always thought that an overly muscular body isn’t fit for purpose when it comes to boxing.

Let’s also not forget that Deontay Wilder got dropped by Dustin Nicols, a man who makes Ruiz look like a chiselled adonis. Ortiz had him staggering around the ring repeatedly like the town drunk and was about 5 seconds from being stopped, somehow Breazeales panicked arm punch when getting unloaded on had him reeling back on wobbly legs and covering up. Even pillow fisted Fury had him rocked and stumbling back covering up.

Then there is Fury, dropped by Neven Pajkic, a guy with just 5 KO’s on his record. He was floored heavy and hurt by pillow fisted cruiserweight Steve Cunningham also.
    It’s just a shame we can’t see the fights. They all have flaws and it could be a great era of heavyweight boxing.

Whyte Vs Ruiz would be fucking great. These smaller heavyweights are so much more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    Whyte Vs Ruiz would be fucking great. These smaller heavyweights are so much more fun to watch.
    Well I've got egg on my face apparently Whyte is 6'4? Swear he was 6'2.

Nice little present from MSG at the weekend!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He does look short, I think the chubby heavyweights all do

His head is the size of someone who is 5'8

Kid Galahad just got robbed by Josh Warrington, not sure how swinging wildly and missing all night gives you a decision win, this sport is going down the shitter, if your aggressive but miss every shot your rewarded, avoid everything and connect with counter punches and your gave fuck all

Yeh, I had Barry winning that quite clearly. Yes, there was a lot of holding but he landed the better shots and made Warrington look pretty limited.

I didn’t even think it was close to be honest, unless you knock the champion out you ain’t winning, so stupid

Purveyor of exotic goods

Tyson it is then...

Last edited by TommyTomato; 16-06-19 at 05:36.

If any young kids want to learn how to box they should watch Tyson’s performance from the early hours, AJ should watch it and learn how to throw a jab

Forum Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Kid Galahad just got robbed by Josh Warrington, not sure how swinging wildly and missing all night gives you a decision win, this sport is going down the shitter, if your aggressive but miss every shot your rewarded, avoid everything and connect with counter punches and your gave fuck all
    Thought Galahad was lucky to get away with some of the stuff on the inside, his game plan was to spoil, but he won the fight clear as day. Havent seen the Ingall camps reaction, but surprised they didn't make more of it.

Warringtons lack of humility was striking, he's a really unpleasant looking character. Questions to answer now as to whether he's a one trick pony.

Thought Galahad was lucky to get away with some of the stuff on the inside, his game plan was to spoil, but he won the fight clear as day. Havent seen the Ingall camps reaction, but surprised they didn't make more of it.

Warringtons lack of humility was striking, he's a really unpleasant looking character. Questions to answer now as to whether he's a one trick pony.
    If the ref allows you to spoil keep doing it, he was making Warrington miss all night, won quite easily for me.

I think KG and Ingle looked resigned to losing a decision when the final bell rang, I’m sure they’ll be very annoyed, he boxed brilliantly

Warrington looked awful, got visibly annoyed he couldn’t connect and got even more wild, Judges were terrible, if all three scores were close it’s one thing but the first judge who scored it wide to JW must be blind.

Dubois Vs Gorman tonight.

i got Gorman by decision.

Forum Tactician

Proverbial 50/50. Hope your right, Id like to see Gorman win it.

Forgot about this, just put BT on now.

I reckon Gorman will finish him in 8.

Forum Tactician

Tyson just joined the panel. In a T shirt & shorts

Box office.