Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Nigel Doughty service

Default Nigel Doughty service

Went today, very nice service indeed. circa 200 people attended including half a dozen fans with myself and we all wore the Garibaldi with pride. Gordon Brown commenced the service with a speech about Nigel's life successes and his love for Forest. Quite a few other Labour faces in attendance. A few folk from the club attended including Terry the kit man wearing trousers!! plus Frank Clark and David Pleat. Dexter was there representing the players. I didn't take any photos during the service out of respect.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	order of service.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	3539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dex im off.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	3540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ed & Gordon.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	3541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	everyone leaving.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	3542  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Nigel Doughty service

Quote Originally Posted by LondonRed View Post
    Went today, very nice service indeed. circa 200 people attended including half a dozen fans with myself and we all wore the Garibaldi with pride. Gordon Brown commenced the service with a speech about Nigel's life successes and his love for Forest. Quite a few other Labour faces in attendance. A few folk from the club attended including Terry the kit man wearing trousers!! plus Frank Clark and David Pleat. Dexter was there representing the players. I didn't take any photos during the service out of respect.

Glad there were some trickies there to show everyones appreciation, shame it wasnt local so more could have gone.

Good on you for going.

Rest in peace Nigel.

I went too. Were some very nice words said. Clearly influenced a huge number of people, with a real focus on his charitable work, family focus and ethical approach to business. What was said about his business interests reflected well his influence at the club, cared deeply and a calculated risk taker; they didn't always work,but you could generally see the sense behind it.

Would be nice to get a song going tomorrow for Nigel.