Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: McGugan.

Default Re: McGugan.

Lies! All lies! The majority of posters on here just go to the extremes of their opinions way too easily just like 'middle of no where' said. It's the same people who think the sun shines out of his arse when he scores a goal.

He played just fine last night and if you can watch the whole 90 minutes again you will notice that particularly in the second half he was the only player making any attempt to get the ball off the opposition and also the only player not to be rolling around on his arse crying to the ref. He just got on with the game and made an effort like a good red should. Get rid of this 'lazy tag' that people have been so happy to label when he doesn't score

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You are Sean O'Driscoll.

He was completely ineffective.

He was the one player I identified yesterday as being hopelessly, ridiculously poor.

When you have a passenger in the midfield, you don't have much hope. His kmovement off the ball is a joke. HE never showed at all for the defense (basic, fundamental football) when we won the ball. Reid at least made an attemtp to get into some sort of position to receive a pass. McGugan , imho, did not. HE ran into other players space a few times, instead of moving into open space. That is fundamental, basic football. His work ethic was non-existant. His positional game is non-existant. His passing was poor. Many on here have stated this is a coin toss game for Lewis, half the time this is what you get.

If this is what you get from this guy half the time...good bye. You don't win things with a charlatan like that. Nor do you get promoted.

Sell in January. He's either a complete dunce, or he's just a lazy sod.

The cynic in me says despite his performance against Leeds his place in the starting lineup was far from certain.

So he did that bit in the press about living for playing in derbies. This keeps fans who decry his lack of effort off his back and gets himself picked, then pretty much failed to turn up. Or worse, knows he's not going to be up for it and gets his propaganda out first.

Like many have said - not the type of game he was going to shine in but it frustrates me that he makes out he was going to play out of his skin and then performs like that!

Drop him for Raddy and keep them both motivated by switching them round as form dictates.

Don't accomodate him by playing him out of position

Lets face it, he was brilliant for Dilly bavies but since then he's not done alot. This season will probably be make or break for him but you would think under SOD footballing philosophy he would prosper.

I like Lewis but he does have a tender to wander in games.

SOD and team need to identify what motivates him an move on that. If they can't find what it is then they should sell as he is a liability.

Stark contrast with Chris Cohen who puts 100% EVERY GAME

TheDude

£100 pick n mix

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Fat ****. Even I don't spend that much

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    £100 pick n mix
    Be fair, it was actually only about £92

Mugugan needs dropping every now and again to remind him that he isn't really "that" good.

Sometimes he does look like he's "that" good but most of the time he's lazy.

Majewski is a similar player.

Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post
    His kmovement off the ball is a joke. HE never showed at all for the defense (basic, fundamental football) when we won the ball. Reid at least made an attemtp to get into some sort of position to receive a pass. McGugan , imho, did not. HE ran into other players space a few times, instead of moving into open space.

To single him out for his movement is wrong. You could pin that one on everyone in the team. Wide players come inside too often, full backs dont push up the wing, no-one moves in behind. It's why we're struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    To single him out for his movement is wrong. You could pin that one on everyone in the team. Wide players come inside too often, full backs dont push up the wing, no-one moves in behind. It's why we're struggling.
    With all of them it is down to lack of pace...
    Midfield is slow in pace and while quick thinking can mitigate some of the lack of pace, it ain't always going to.

I agree. No pace and no one that can play (and stay) wide and stretch the pitch. Reid, McGugan, Raddy, etc might be able to 'roam' more succesfully if they weren't all bunched up in the middle.

This squad with Gunter/McCleary playing down the right would be a big threat.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    I agree. No pace and no one that can play (and stay) wide and stretch the pitch. Reid, McGugan, Raddy, etc might be able to 'roam' more succesfully if they weren't all bunched up in the middle.

This squad with Gunter/McCleary playing down the right would be a big threat.
    Yep - Gunts & McCleary and we'd have a very strong squad.
    Gunts at RB frees up Hutch to go CB and Halford to go LB.
    Gets rid of Ayala (useless) and Harding (I've now seen enough to know he is not a Championship player)
    McCleary gives the width and helps create the spaces for Cox and Sharp to profit.
    Oh well, we can only dream...

Why are people only noticing this now?

McGugan is awful. Read through my comments, before anyone accuses me of being fickle. He's bloody poor. Way too predictable.

A few games into the season talking on Twitter about how he's in the best shape of his career. What a plonker.

Got to bring in Majewski now. He's got twice the ability of McGugan. Even when Majewski isn't having a great game he's still making the runs, he's still got a sublime touch. He just has to play.

Get rid of McGugan. I said we should've sold him in the summer. I've been proved right.

I think, in terms of movement, you have to look at the midfield and the strikers. I thought Gillett played well and he's the link between the front and back, so he's not going to be up nearly as much. Reid was poor, but at least he made an effort. Cohen worked his arse off and was probably our best player, by general opinion. Cox always moves a lot, and Dexter was in there fighting, even if the end result was undesirable.

That leaves Lewis McGugan.

I stand by my comment.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post

McGugan is awful. Read through my comments, before anyone accuses me of being fickle. He's bloody poor. Way too predictable.

A few games into the season talking on Twitter about how he's in the best shape of his career. What a plonker.

Got to bring in Majewski now. He's got twice the ability of McGugan. Even when Majewski isn't having a great game he's still making the runs, he's still got a sublime touch. He just has to play.

Get rid of McGugan. I said we should've sold him in the summer. I've been proved right.
    Of course you've been proved 'right'. Even if he does play well you go out of your way to slate him.

Lets hope your equally as 'right' on Majewski. Although he's barely played consistently well since he signed permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by PynchonForest View Post
    I think, in terms of movement, you have to look at the midfield and the strikers. I thought Gillett played well and he's the link between the front and back, so he's not going to be up nearly as much. Reid was poor, but at least he made an effort. Cohen worked his arse off and was probably our best player, by general opinion. Cox always moves a lot, and Dexter was in there fighting, even if the end result was undesirable.

That leaves Lewis McGugan.

I stand by my comment.
    That has little to do with my point. I'm not doubting he played badly, I just don't think poor movement is something you can pin solely on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post

We'd be bottom now without his goals and assists.

Good idea.

I'm amazed after all this time no managers have thought about moving lewis up the field .
    Think about it, He has an eye for goal, he up's his pace around the box , he's a selfish fker, and can hold the ball up.
    All in all he has all the atributes of a perfect striker.

What we need is a Hybrid of Cohen and McGugan, fantastic work rate and sublime skills/shooting ability when required. simple.

Anyone know a good genetic scientist?

FOREST!

He's been pretty poor all season to be honest.

Does a few good things each game and people claim he's had a good game just based on that.

Quite disappointing that McGugan has started the season in Guedioura's best position. Which has seen Guedioura moved out wide and is the reason we haven't seen the best of him.

We need energy in the middle of the park, Lansbury, Guedioura, Jenas and Cohen all offer this. McGugan doesn't, never will. SOD needs to realise this soon and drop McGugan or we will keep getting overrun in the midfield.

McGugan can be inconsistent and infuriate because of it.

He has had time out the side, but has always got back in because the people who replace him, and the team generally, don't do enough, in terms of goals and assists, to keep him out.

He has something though. He has lulls and phases don't get me wrong but as much as I hate to say this.. he can get away with that. There is only one player in our side I look to for real screamers and moments of magic and that is him. But have you ever noticed his best performances only really consist of one moment of pure brilliance and the rest is exactly what we saw against Derby. The moment of magic is the difference and it is a vital one at that.

That is why he should and probably will stay in the side. Could be sat there for 89 minutes and have no contribution to the game whatsoever but that moment of genius is not really going to come from elsewhere in our midfield that I can see. Maybe Jenas now? Who knows but as frustrating as it is to watch him have a poor game I can see why he makes it onto the field each week.

FOREST!

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    He has something though. He has lulls and phases don't get me wrong but as much as I hate to say this.. he can get away with that. There is only one player in our side I look to for real screamers and moments of magic and that is him. But have you ever noticed his best performances only really consist of one moment of pure brilliance and the rest is exactly what we saw against Derby. The moment of magic is the difference and it is a vital one at that.

That is why he should and probably will stay in the side. Could be sat there for 89 minutes and have no contribution to the game whatsoever but that moment of genius is not really going to come from elsewhere in our midfield that I can see. Maybe Jenas now? Who knows but as frustrating as it is to watch him have a poor game I can see why he makes it onto the field each week.
    So we have to rely on moments of the spectacular to win games?

I would much rather play someone who gives their all and tries to contribute throughout the whole game.

Majewski, Guedioura, Jenas and maybe even Lansbury are all capable of moments of magic. And all offer a lot more than McGugan.

One of our best players in recent memory, he will go to another club and be a super star...