Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Further Signings

      
  1. #1
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Further Signings

    Right, we have our 20+ goalscorer and to say I am pleased with this capture would be the understatement of the year.

    Th OS stories are worth a read. Once again it seems like CC was a massive factor to him coming. He says he got to know him, which was important, and he is very impressed with the ambition of the club.

    So, next. ND states clearly that the list of names IS cast in stone. This says to me they are extremely confident of getting their men.

    HOWEVER, ND states also that none of the players on their list have been banded about.
    'Oh Mr Doughty, you are a tease, but I like you'.
    This could well be an intent of things to come. Earnshaw is not just a huge signing because of his known ability but he can unbeknown attract bigger players to the club. They will think ''hold on, Forest are really going for it''.

    Well done Forest, lets keep the quality coming !

    And may I add a big thanks to ND for putting his hand in his pocket. I'm sure this will be among the top 5 of our record signings !

    Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Right, we have our 20+ goalscorer and to say I am pleased with this capture would be the understatement of the year.

    Th OS stories are worth a read. Once again it seems like CC was a massive factor to him coming. He says he got to know him, which was important, and he is very impressed with the ambition of the club.

    So, next. ND states clearly that the list of names IS cast in stone. This says to me they are extremely confident of getting their men.

    HOWEVER, ND states also that none of the players on their list have been banded about.
    'Oh Mr Doughty, you are a tease, but I like you'.
    This could well be an intent of things to come. Earnshaw is not just a huge signing because of his known ability but he can unbeknown attract bigger players to the club. They will think ''hold on, Forest are really going for it''.

    Well done Forest, lets keep the quality coming !

    And may I add a big thanks to ND for putting his hand in his pocket. I'm sure this will be among the top 5 of our record signings !
    Ture right,let hope we bring in a quality winger to put quality crosses for him.


  4. #3
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by wotto1
    Ture right,let hope we bring in a quality winger to put quality crosses for him.
    Very ture (sorry, couldn't resist ! We love you !


  5. #4

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Very ture (sorry, couldn't resist ! We love you !*
    Speak for yourself. I think he's a twat.




  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    12,896

    Default Re: Further Signings

    It's interesting to note that he is saying it's none of the names doing the rounds.

    Also noticed it says CC is now on holiday, so probably won't see any new signings for a couple of weeks.


  7. #6
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    It's interesting to note that he is saying it's none of the names doing the rounds.

    Also noticed it says CC is now on holiday, so probably won't see any new signings for a couple of weeks.
    Unless he's stalking targets in his flip flops in Majorca ??


  8. #7
    aka Famous
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,089

    Default Re: Further Signings

    I would not take the Doughty comments as read - denial has often led to deception in the past!


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Notts/Oxford
    Posts
    5,135

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Let's tie Sammy down to a new contract first, and then go out and get another striker.


  10. #9
    Rice IV
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    37,481

    Default Re: Further Signings

    I thought it was interesting that he stated none of the names he's seen bandied around are on the list.

    He does read the forums, so either we're all way off the mark, (which is very possible, given that anyone within our budget has been mentioned on these boards), or he's playing some mind games to try and not get ripped off with some of the people we have been linked with.

    Either way, Doughty has just spent a great sum of money, knocking on the door of £3m is a lot of money in anyones eyes, let alone a team who have been in division 3 for a 3 years.



    Talk to me, Goose.

  11. #10
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    19,908

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Let's tie Sammy down to a new contract first, and then go out and get another striker.
    Yes, another striker is an absolute priority for me. We need three players all capable of getting 20 goals. If Agogo is off, that leaves us with Earnie and Tsyon, but we can't rely on Tyson, due to his glass hamstrings, so I'd suggest we actually need another two strikers before we even start looking at other areas of the team.


  12. #11
    AKA Randy Bumgardener
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,397

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch

    Either way, Doughty has just spent a great sum of money, knocking on the door of £3m is a lot of money in anyones eyes, let alone a team who have been in division 3 for a 3 years.
    Fully agree. Some teams in the CCC will have that as their entire transfer budget. We should be enthusiastic !


  13. #12

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Let's tie Sammy down to a new contract first, and then go out and get another striker.
    Tie Your Sammy Down?


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,649

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by wemaybefamousagain
    I would not take the Doughty comments as read - denial has often led to deception in the past!
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: Further Signings

    CC is on holiday - didn't he come back with Neil Lennon's signature last time he went away?


  16. #15
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    19,908

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?*
    There'd be a lot of disapointed Leicester fans


  17. #16
    Long Serving Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Get Sammy sorted out, give Nathan an extension. Find a decent backup/competition to Smithy (Bunn/Williams/Westwood/Stuart Nelson). A new RB and cover for LB. A versatile winger (Whittingham), a solid central midfielder (Oakley,/Clemence) and another striker (preferably a young Prem lad on loan)

    Not much then?


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Sarf
    Posts
    28,097

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Get Sammy sorted out, give Nathan an extension. Find a decent backup/competition to Smithy (Bunn/Williams/Westwood/Stuart Nelson). A new RB and cover for LB. A versatile winger (Whittingham), a solid central midfielder (Oakley,/Clemence) and another striker (preferably a young Prem lad on loan)

    Not much then?* *


    If he comes here, I am no longer a Forest fan!



  19. #18
    Long Serving Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts


    If he comes here, I am no longer a Forest fan!
    Is he the one I meant?

    Who's the Nelson goalie fella who plays at Orient?




  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bingham
    Posts
    2,596

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Marlon Harewood for £5.5m


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,007

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Who's the Nelson goalie fella who plays at Orient?
    Stuart Nelson (although Orient have released him) and he's laughably bad, did you not see him in the 2 games v us?


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Tutts


    If he comes here, I am no longer a Forest fan!
    Agreed.

    The only thing amazing about Stuart Nelson is that he's somehow managed to sustain a professional career.


  23. #22
    Long Serving Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    Stuart Nelson (although Orient have released him) and he's laughably bad, did you not see him in the 2 games v us?
    I've always thought he wasn't a bad keeper.

    My bad.

    Go for the other 3 I mentioned.....


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    502

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?
    What's this joke with Le Fondre? I don't get it, is there a thread on it?


  25. #24
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    15,503

    Default Re: Further Signings

    Quote Originally Posted by Humble
    What's this joke with Le Fondre? I don't get it, is there a thread on it?
    He's been linked with Fester.

    Maybe it would be fun to get someone to play in the reserves just to hack them off .




  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    251

    Default Re: Further Signings

    another striker at least : Harewood, Beattie, these are the sort of strikers we need to propell to the next level.

    another defender who can play across the back four or either full back: Nyantanga, bocanegra (released by fulham)

    2 Midfielders winger and a cm: Oakley, Whittingham, Anderson, Yeates, Mullins, Nicholson, Stock

    Keeper: Bunn, Schemicheal, Westwood



 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •