Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Further Signings

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Further Signings

Right, we have our 20+ goalscorer and to say I am pleased with this capture would be the understatement of the year.

Th OS stories are worth a read. Once again it seems like CC was a massive factor to him coming. He says he got to know him, which was important, and he is very impressed with the ambition of the club.

So, next. ND states clearly that the list of names IS cast in stone. This says to me they are extremely confident of getting their men.

HOWEVER, ND states also that none of the players on their list have been banded about.
    'Oh Mr Doughty, you are a tease, but I like you'.
    This could well be an intent of things to come. Earnshaw is not just a huge signing because of his known ability but he can unbeknown attract bigger players to the club. They will think ''hold on, Forest are really going for it''.

Well done Forest, lets keep the quality coming !

And may I add a big thanks to ND for putting his hand in his pocket. I'm sure this will be among the top 5 of our record signings !

Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Further Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Right, we have our 20+ goalscorer and to say I am pleased with this capture would be the understatement of the year.

Th OS stories are worth a read. Once again it seems like CC was a massive factor to him coming. He says he got to know him, which was important, and he is very impressed with the ambition of the club.

So, next. ND states clearly that the list of names IS cast in stone. This says to me they are extremely confident of getting their men.

HOWEVER, ND states also that none of the players on their list have been banded about.
    'Oh Mr Doughty, you are a tease, but I like you'.
    This could well be an intent of things to come. Earnshaw is not just a huge signing because of his known ability but he can unbeknown attract bigger players to the club. They will think ''hold on, Forest are really going for it''.

Well done Forest, lets keep the quality coming !

And may I add a big thanks to ND for putting his hand in his pocket. I'm sure this will be among the top 5 of our record signings !
    Ture right,let hope we bring in a quality winger to put quality crosses for him.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by wotto1
    Ture right,let hope we bring in a quality winger to put quality crosses for him.
    Very ture (sorry, couldn't resist ! We love you !

Quote Originally Posted by Freiro Cornholio
    Very ture (sorry, couldn't resist ! We love you !*
    Speak for yourself. I think he's a twat.

It's interesting to note that he is saying it's none of the names doing the rounds.

Also noticed it says CC is now on holiday, so probably won't see any new signings for a couple of weeks.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    It's interesting to note that he is saying it's none of the names doing the rounds.

Also noticed it says CC is now on holiday, so probably won't see any new signings for a couple of weeks.
    Unless he's stalking targets in his flip flops in Majorca ??

aka Famous

I would not take the Doughty comments as read - denial has often led to deception in the past!

Let's tie Sammy down to a new contract first, and then go out and get another striker.

Rice IV

I thought it was interesting that he stated none of the names he's seen bandied around are on the list.

He does read the forums, so either we're all way off the mark, (which is very possible, given that anyone within our budget has been mentioned on these boards), or he's playing some mind games to try and not get ripped off with some of the people we have been linked with.

Either way, Doughty has just spent a great sum of money, knocking on the door of £3m is a lot of money in anyones eyes, let alone a team who have been in division 3 for a 3 years.

Talk to me, Goose.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Let's tie Sammy down to a new contract first, and then go out and get another striker.
    Yes, another striker is an absolute priority for me. We need three players all capable of getting 20 goals. If Agogo is off, that leaves us with Earnie and Tsyon, but we can't rely on Tyson, due to his glass hamstrings, so I'd suggest we actually need another two strikers before we even start looking at other areas of the team.

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch

Either way, Doughty has just spent a great sum of money, knocking on the door of £3m is a lot of money in anyones eyes, let alone a team who have been in division 3 for a 3 years.
    Fully agree. Some teams in the CCC will have that as their entire transfer budget. We should be enthusiastic !

Quote Originally Posted by Calymath
    Tie Your Sammy Down?

Quote Originally Posted by wemaybefamousagain
    I would not take the Doughty comments as read - denial has often led to deception in the past!
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?

CC is on holiday - didn't he come back with Neil Lennon's signature last time he went away?

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?*
    There'd be a lot of disapointed Leicester fans

Long Serving Member

Get Sammy sorted out, give Nathan an extension. Find a decent backup/competition to Smithy (Bunn/Williams/Westwood/Stuart Nelson). A new RB and cover for LB. A versatile winger (Whittingham), a solid central midfielder (Oakley,/Clemence) and another striker (preferably a young Prem lad on loan)

Not much then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Get Sammy sorted out, give Nathan an extension. Find a decent backup/competition to Smithy (Bunn/Williams/Westwood/Stuart Nelson). A new RB and cover for LB. A versatile winger (Whittingham), a solid central midfielder (Oakley,/Clemence) and another striker (preferably a young Prem lad on loan)

Not much then?* *

If he comes here, I am no longer a Forest fan!

Long Serving Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts

Is he the one I meant?

Who's the Nelson goalie fella who plays at Orient?

Marlon Harewood for £5.5m

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Who's the Nelson goalie fella who plays at Orient?
    Stuart Nelson (although Orient have released him) and he's laughably bad, did you not see him in the 2 games v us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts

Agreed.

The only thing amazing about Stuart Nelson is that he's somehow managed to sustain a professional career.

Long Serving Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio
    Stuart Nelson (although Orient have released him) and he's laughably bad, did you not see him in the 2 games v us?
    I've always thought he wasn't a bad keeper.

My bad.

Go for the other 3 I mentioned.....

Quote Originally Posted by DanR
    Are we in for Adam Le Fondre as well?
    What's this joke with Le Fondre? I don't get it, is there a thread on it?

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by Humble
    What's this joke with Le Fondre? I don't get it, is there a thread on it?
    He's been linked with Fester.

Maybe it would be fun to get someone to play in the reserves just to hack them off .

another striker at least : Harewood, Beattie, these are the sort of strikers we need to propell to the next level.

another defender who can play across the back four or either full back: Nyantanga, bocanegra (released by fulham)

2 Midfielders winger and a cm: Oakley, Whittingham, Anderson, Yeates, Mullins, Nicholson, Stock

Keeper: Bunn, Schemicheal, Westwood