Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Default Re: NFL and CFB Thread

I was sad for Drew Brees as he’s always been one to watch and their Super Bowl winning season was one of the most exciting teams I’ve seen. Saw Saints v Chargers at Wembley, what a game that was, possibly the best one London has seen so far.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I was sad for Drew Brees as he’s always been one to watch and their Super Bowl winning season was one of the most exciting teams I’ve seen. Saw Saints v Chargers at Wembley, what a game that was, possibly the best one London has seen so far.
    I was also at the Saints VS Chargers game! Been a saints fan ever since, the team they're building at the moment is very exciting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    I was also at the Saints VS Chargers game! Been a saints fan ever since, the team they're building at the moment is very exciting as well.
    They had a monster draft, that is for sure. I have no doubt Brees will be back there next year so it will be interesting to see if he can keep it going for another year.

Looking forward to the games tonight, would like to see a Jags v Vikings SB but I fully expect a Eagles v Patriots SB.

Is every single team that I support destined to Choke in the playoffs?! Vikings go from having number 1 defence in the NFL to looking like they've drafted in Matt Mills. Gutted.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Got to feel for the Jags, Brady's just to good.

I think Keenum just buckled under the pressure and Foles kept his head.

Jags got what they deserved, nothing. Like the Falcons they didn't go for the throat and got punished. Prime example was before half time, sitting it out. Compare that to the Eagles who drove down the field and got a FG. On the Eagles the Vikings performance reminded me of the Cardinals one from 2015 when we played Carolina. We were on such a high after beating GB in the fashion we did we struggled to hit that high again.

Anyway it should be a great SB!

Those run of penalties just before the half really cost the Jags and they were so needless. Got to show some discipline in those situations, the unnecessary on Gronk and then a really stupid pass interference where the WR is nowhere near the ball just gave the Pats something like 50 yards on that drive. The delay of game after a timeout was amateurish also.

the unsportsman on gronk, firstly, was a helmet to helmet. Barry Church had 2 options as he was already in motion when Gronk dropped his own helmet. 1 was to stay the course and do what he did. the second was to drop and go low, which would have resulted in the same penalty. He cost 15 yards but the pass was incomplete.

The PI on AJ was utter tripe. If you give that then why dont you give the several against the pats where CBs are climbing all over the WRs (not to mention the holding that was never given)

And the fumble recovery. Jack is never down by contact. Why whistle it dead when you can let the play go and review after the play? He stripped it, rolled and was off with nobody in front of him, just the endzone.

Finally a note on our conservative play calling. At HT Bellichick adjusted to what we were doing on offense taking away the runs over left tackle and the slant plays, bringing the blitzing corner more often. Our playbook is quite thin because Bortles isn't a great QB, and the coaches havent trusted him to make big plays much this year. Thats the difference between Bellichick and Tomlin.

Anyway, after being predicted a 6 win season its been a very sucessful season, especially with our No1 wideout missing in Allen Robinson. 2 mins and 4 points from a Superbowl, not bad for a young team with a lot of stars under long contracts.

See what happens next year (Ramsey for MVP)

Flyers look up for this.

Some play by Foles & Jeffery for the first TD.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Great play by the Eagles, showing Brady how it's done

Got to be up at 5, work at 6 but this is really good. I can always kip tomorrow afternoon.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

Bewildering yet amazing!

Sent from the thunder suckle fuzz canyon

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

That was a short night

Great game, well done, Philly!

Left Winger

It’ll go down as a classic.

That fumble by Brady though...

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I was chuckling to myself, as quietly as possible so I didn't wake the other half up. She did say she could sleep with the TV on. I certainly didn't, other than 20 minutes before my alarm went off, going to get all my errands run straight after work, home, shower then a few hours kip. Worth it though.

Anyone staying up for the draft?

lol wait for the 29th pick? nope. Its not like normal when its top 5

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    lol wait for the 29th pick? nope. Its not like normal when its top 5
    I was lucky the Saints traded up from 27 to 14 so got more sleep than expected