Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Default Re: NFL and CFB Thread

I was sad for Drew Brees as he’s always been one to watch and their Super Bowl winning season was one of the most exciting teams I’ve seen. Saw Saints v Chargers at Wembley, what a game that was, possibly the best one London has seen so far.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    I was sad for Drew Brees as he’s always been one to watch and their Super Bowl winning season was one of the most exciting teams I’ve seen. Saw Saints v Chargers at Wembley, what a game that was, possibly the best one London has seen so far.
    I was also at the Saints VS Chargers game! Been a saints fan ever since, the team they're building at the moment is very exciting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    I was also at the Saints VS Chargers game! Been a saints fan ever since, the team they're building at the moment is very exciting as well.
    They had a monster draft, that is for sure. I have no doubt Brees will be back there next year so it will be interesting to see if he can keep it going for another year.

Looking forward to the games tonight, would like to see a Jags v Vikings SB but I fully expect a Eagles v Patriots SB.

Is every single team that I support destined to Choke in the playoffs?! Vikings go from having number 1 defence in the NFL to looking like they've drafted in Matt Mills. Gutted.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Got to feel for the Jags, Brady's just to good.

I think Keenum just buckled under the pressure and Foles kept his head.

Jags got what they deserved, nothing. Like the Falcons they didn't go for the throat and got punished. Prime example was before half time, sitting it out. Compare that to the Eagles who drove down the field and got a FG. On the Eagles the Vikings performance reminded me of the Cardinals one from 2015 when we played Carolina. We were on such a high after beating GB in the fashion we did we struggled to hit that high again.

Anyway it should be a great SB!

Those run of penalties just before the half really cost the Jags and they were so needless. Got to show some discipline in those situations, the unnecessary on Gronk and then a really stupid pass interference where the WR is nowhere near the ball just gave the Pats something like 50 yards on that drive. The delay of game after a timeout was amateurish also.

the unsportsman on gronk, firstly, was a helmet to helmet. Barry Church had 2 options as he was already in motion when Gronk dropped his own helmet. 1 was to stay the course and do what he did. the second was to drop and go low, which would have resulted in the same penalty. He cost 15 yards but the pass was incomplete.

The PI on AJ was utter tripe. If you give that then why dont you give the several against the pats where CBs are climbing all over the WRs (not to mention the holding that was never given)

And the fumble recovery. Jack is never down by contact. Why whistle it dead when you can let the play go and review after the play? He stripped it, rolled and was off with nobody in front of him, just the endzone.

Finally a note on our conservative play calling. At HT Bellichick adjusted to what we were doing on offense taking away the runs over left tackle and the slant plays, bringing the blitzing corner more often. Our playbook is quite thin because Bortles isn't a great QB, and the coaches havent trusted him to make big plays much this year. Thats the difference between Bellichick and Tomlin.

Anyway, after being predicted a 6 win season its been a very sucessful season, especially with our No1 wideout missing in Allen Robinson. 2 mins and 4 points from a Superbowl, not bad for a young team with a lot of stars under long contracts.

See what happens next year (Ramsey for MVP)

Flyers look up for this.

Some play by Foles & Jeffery for the first TD.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Great play by the Eagles, showing Brady how it's done

Got to be up at 5, work at 6 but this is really good. I can always kip tomorrow afternoon.

[QUOTE=Barry;2870882]Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes.[/QUOTE]

Bewildering yet amazing!

Sent from the thunder suckle fuzz canyon

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

That was a short night

Great game, well done, Philly!

Left Winger

It’ll go down as a classic.

That fumble by Brady though...

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I was chuckling to myself, as quietly as possible so I didn't wake the other half up. She did say she could sleep with the TV on. I certainly didn't, other than 20 minutes before my alarm went off, going to get all my errands run straight after work, home, shower then a few hours kip. Worth it though.

Anyone staying up for the draft?

lol wait for the 29th pick? nope. Its not like normal when its top 5

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    lol wait for the 29th pick? nope. Its not like normal when its top 5
    I was lucky the Saints traded up from 27 to 14 so got more sleep than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    Anyone staying up for the draft?
    Going to drag this post up from the dead ready for the new season.

How do people feel the offseason has gone for their team?

Quite happy with how the Cardinals have panned out. At the end of the season we had no QB on the roster and no HC. I think we lucked out with Steve Wilks, Mike McCoy will be a solid enough OC while this team builds an identity and Al Halcomb has been working with Wilks for years, be interesting to see how it works out after Bettcher's D.

With regards to the draft, I'm biased but I think we had a top 3 draft. Rosen for me was the most best QB in the draft but his perceived personality and injuries stopped him being a top 3 pick. Everything you hear about the guy since being drafted has been positive and about how far along he is. If/when Bradford goes down I will be more than happy to start Rosen. Christian Kirk will most likely play outside but he was a great ST player for A&M and was always a reliable target. Mason Cole has loads of versatility along the OL, think he will eventually replace AQ at centre. Chase Edmonds I think is abit of a sleeper pick. Blown away all his opposition (I know the level he played at wasn't great), will get lots of carries, think he has Dion Lewis sort of potential.

Left Winger

Wherever there’s Matthew Stafford, there is a way.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    Going to drag this post up from the dead ready for the new season.

How do people feel the offseason has gone for their team?

Quite happy with how the Cardinals have panned out. At the end of the season we had no QB on the roster and no HC. I think we lucked out with Steve Wilks, Mike McCoy will be a solid enough OC while this team builds an identity and Al Halcomb has been working with Wilks for years, be interesting to see how it works out after Bettcher's D.

With regards to the draft, I'm biased but I think we had a top 3 draft. Rosen for me was the most best QB in the draft but his perceived personality and injuries stopped him being a top 3 pick. Everything you hear about the guy since being drafted has been positive and about how far along he is. If/when Bradford goes down I will be more than happy to start Rosen. Christian Kirk will most likely play outside but he was a great ST player for A&M and was always a reliable target. Mason Cole has loads of versatility along the OL, think he will eventually replace AQ at centre. Chase Edmonds I think is abit of a sleeper pick. Blown away all his opposition (I know the level he played at wasn't great), will get lots of carries, think he has Dion Lewis sort of potential.
    49ers are winning the bloody lot.

Jags have had another good year of adding peices. and Jalen is only getting better

Help Question please:

Back in the 90s I bought a small NFL football which was about 8" long. The kids and I had great fun with it as it easy to throw with one hand and less cumbersome than a rugby ball.

I would like to buy one again but it has to be on-line as I have never seen them in France. However I don't know what its official size is. Wilson do a "Mini" and a "Junior" but I can't see a physical size. Which one is about 8" long and ideal for parks, pools and beaches?

I've got a few balls at home that I can measure and report back.

I've got a full size one, a junior one and a tiny one that my little dog plays with so can give you some good examples?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Appreciate this is the UK Amazon but this is the one I throw at, sorry, for my dog

Wilson Mini American Football Micro Ball - Tan https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002OYBA..._rB3pBb28HTR43

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Left Winger

„WILSON! WILSON! I‘M SORRY WILSON...!“