Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: How has this been allowed to happen?

Marthur your soul is mine

Default How has this been allowed to happen?

10 years ago last weekend Hull City were bottom of the football league. In that ten years what has our great club done in that time to get back up? Nothing! Absoluetly nothing! Culminating (After a terrible 3 years in the english third division...lets not fuccking forget that)!!! in an embarrassing defeat at home against a poor norwich side with ten men that leaves us firmly on the bottom of the league! I'm so facking angry! Absolute disgrace! How has this been allowed to happen? How have double European cup winners Nottingham Forest got to the point when we have a team full of loanees, inexperienced nothing players with not an ounce of anything about them? Where is our leader? Where is our captain? Where is our midfielder that commands a game? Where is our striker that can turn a game? Where is our unbeatable defender? Where is our manager that can change a game with some tactical nouse? Where is our appeal? Where is our chairman insisting on success? Insisting on getting the club up? Insisting on getting the best players?
    I'm so facking angry. Caldewannk, you can just fucck off!
    12 points from 18 games , 3 wins not good enough.
    Doughty you better buy big in january. If not walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: How has this been allowed to happen?

ehhhh 2 wins you mean even worse

Quote Originally Posted by cenobite
    10 years ago last weekend Hull City were bottom of the football league. In that ten years what has our great club done in that time to get back up? Nothing! Absoluetly nothing! Culminating (After a terrible 3 years in the english third division...lets not fuccking forget that)!!! in an embarrassing defeat at home against a poor norwich side with ten men that leaves us firmly on the bottom of the league! I'm so facking angry! Absolute disgrace! How has this been allowed to happen? How have double European cup winners Nottingham Forest got to the point when we have a team full of loanees, inexperienced nothing players with not an ounce of anything about them? Where is our leader? Where is our captain? Where is our midfielder that commands a game? Where is our striker that can turn a game? Where is our unbeatable defender? Where is our manager that can change a game with some tactical nouse? Where is our appeal? Where is our chairman insisting on success? Insisting on getting the club up? Insisting on getting the best players?
    I'm so facking angry. Caldewannk, you can just fucck off!
    12 points from* 18 games , 3 wins not good enough.
    Doughty you better buy big in january. If not walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't argue with any of the above.

good point - no leadership anywhere at the club

Good Points.

Its a shambles.

Dry your eyes mate....
    I know it's hard to take but their mind has been made up
    There's plenty more fish in the sea
    Dry your eyes mate
    I know you want to make them see how much this pain hurts
    But you've got to walk away now
    It's over ...

Lots of folks say we SHOULD pick up some points playing the rest of the basement crew of this league in the next 4 weeks or so, but we will struggle. We can raise our game, but we can't battle, and fight.

i totally agree, also it's all very well watching the pennies getting loan player's in but what about buying a squad of decent player's to stop us being an embarrasment ? today is the worst i have felt since the yoevil debacle especially as i live in norfolk surrounded by inbred mongs who are going to be all fuccking smug ! well i'll tell you this i am that fed up with it all that the first one that start's to gloat is going to be collecting their teeth in a tobacco tin ! next week i'm off work and coming to the barnsley game and bearing in mind we've lost the last SIX *i've been to i'm expecting the usual fare ! also when was the last time we won a live televised game ? was it mighty weymouth ?i can't remember one since , utter shite ! I'M GOING TO STOP RAMBLING AS I'VE PROPER GOT THE HUMP !

1. Nobody ( apart from Cohen) leading by example on the field. What exactly is Kelvin Wilson's role as captain apart from wearing the armband? Whatever it is, he's not doing it.

2. Total lack of tactical flexibility. We were pretty good first half; half time came, Norwich adjusted to meet the threats, second half started & our tactics weren't working any more. We should have changed tactics. Instead we descended into hoofball & squabbling amongst ourselves.

3. Lack of psychological strength. Heads went down, will to battle on & grind out victory evaporated. Worrying how brittle the mood is; only last week we were all elated about the spirit in the team & today it just vanished when things got tough.

So far I've stayed away from the CC in/CC out debate but after that performance I think we have to look for a new manager - someone who can instill a bit of backbone.

i think nigel doughtys a good 'owner' but not a chairman.. he has the money but just doesnt have a clue, and his subordinate mark arthur is a joker, there must be so many better people out there to do his job..sack the board

I love a good angry fan!! agree with everything said in this thread....Calderwood out....Cohen as Captain....Wilson is a Micky Mouse captain.

Victor Meldrew

Number 79 is Brian Rice.
    When you get old and feeble, you have to rely on your hands more for the action.

Yesterday was a complete shambles from start to finish, within minutes they should have been one up, all night the defence were all over the place, seemed like they couldnt handle their players running through the midfeild. The goal was a joke, Wilson has to smash that away corner, throwin just away. HEath was badly exposed all night and looked really lightweight, no centre mid and Chambers is painful to watch.

We ran ou of ideas and just tried to get Tyson away all night, shocking, no plan B and no depth.

I think Cohen should be captain, he was our best player last night, along with Anderson. I sont know why we didnt play wider, all our best chances came from the wingers and they were worse than us defending crosses. The own goal was unlucky but unfortunately not unexpected.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EDDY_FOREST
    i think nigel doughtys a good 'owner' but not a chairman.. he has the money but just doesnt have a clue, and his subordinate mark arthur is a joker, there must be so many better people out there to do his job..sack the board
    Arguments about Doughty have raged long and hard, we have all expressed our views. Occasionaly there is a post which I would love the thinking behind to be clearer.

I remain so grateful to Nigel Doughty for the work and money he has put into Nottingham Forest. That is a clue for you on the side I find myself on.

Money and the ability not to throw it away has got to be the watch words of all football clubs especially in todays financial climate, yet who were the Championships big spenders in the summer ?, you say he has not got a clue but do you want a Chairman/Owner to own or stick his pinkies in every part of the club ?

Mark Aurther much malaigned and critised on here, could you explain why it is his fault, Forest were unable to beat ten men and pass a simple ball to a red shirt yesterday ?. MA is a bean counter, answerable to ND, nothing what so ever to do with the failure of the team to beat ten men yesterday.

Your final plea of sack the board, shows a complete lack of understanding of Forest's position.