Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: How Much Have we Saved?

Default How Much Have we Saved?

So obviously since January we've not really brought many in (a couple of loans) and certainly watched a lot of people leave and walk out the door.

So considering before we were losing £12m a year, what would the current state of the accounts be now?

Sales of Gunter, Morgan and Bamford will have come to what £5m in transfer fees combined. So that already reduces the anticipated annual loss down to £7m. Then the wages of those three plus the wages Chambers, Anderson, Lynch, McCleary, Harewood all gone. What's a fair valuation on that? £40k a week? So we could say if that's a decent valuation of their wages thats a further £2m off the wage bill a year. That's £2m saved and £5m raised so a reduction of £7m overall as it stands.

Am I right in thinking that we've more than halved our annual losses since ND died? Well we can certainly see it in terms of squad size.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maybe, we don't have a squad though and need to buy players so it will soon rise again.

Default Re: How Much Have we Saved?

As true as that is and by god I do hope the Al-Hasawis put it back up it's just interesting to think how much it has actually been worth. It showed how much was spent on transfer fees and wages. At £12m we must be up there as one of the biggest loss making clubs in the championship behind the obvious Leicester. The relegated clubs may have higher wages but have parachute payments.

Wes money already gone on loans.

Red til I'm dead

Our last accounts had wages to turnover at 103% I think. Since then we have brought in Greening, Reid, Miller and Derbyshire on big wages, plus Moussi on a big new contract ()

We have also paid BD's wages for a year, hired McC on a no doubt exorbitant wage, paid out compensation to get Cotterill, paid out compensation to get rid of Cotterill and paid Crawley compo for SOD. The wages of players who have left will soon be replaced by wages of players coming in and we have a whole host of players who are out of contract next summer and need their deals renewing soon (which will probably entail agent's fees and signing on fees, and possibly increased salaries). We also need to sign around 8 first-team players.

I would be amazed if we make less of a loss than we did last financial year. Having done due diligence on the club though, I am sure that the Kuwaitis are well aware of this.

This guys got money coming out of his arse, stop worrying and watch the transfers next week i gotta feeling

Nothing to do with worrying. I was just intrigued as to how much better off we were financially since lowering the loss a few weeks ago was the top priority above everything else.

How are we better off financially? (if we ignore the new owners)So we sold a few players but we have the massive wages of Greening, Miller and Derbyshite to deal with as well as lower gates. We also loans a load of players which isn't cheap.

Also, I don't know if anybody has noticed yet but we don't actually have any players...

TheDude

Could be worse, we could be Pompey or Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Could be worse, we could be Pompey or Rangers.
    This is very true dude.
    I bet their fans are really looking forward to the new season.