Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is football Racist

Impressive member

Default Re: Is football Racist

Football is a sporting industry that is as much about generating wealth as anything else. Money is all that matters to the vast majority of chairmen - skin colour will not even come into it. They just crave success because success brings financial gain.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I can't believe we haven't had a black manager given the high turnover of managers, Fawaz is a probably a right fucking racist.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    I can't believe we haven't had a black manager given the high turnover of managers, Fawaz is a probably a right fucking racist.
    Colin Calderwood, who was often the colour of creosote, is about as close as we got.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

If football was racist then there wouldn't be so many Scottish managers.

Is there some kind of breeding system for them up there or something ?

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    If football was racist then there wouldn't be so many Scottish managers.

Is there some kind of breeding system for them up there or something ?
    It's to counter the drug problem up there.
    #chooselife

Note - I fully understand the irony of posting this in a thread about racism.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Colin Calderwood, who was often the colour of creosote, is about as close as we got.
    I'll raise you a Big Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by NFFC_Weath View Post
    I'll raise you a Big Ron.
    Marcel Desailly is outside and wants a word

I am mixed race and took my missus to Charlton away last season, it was her first Forest game as we live in London and she is an Arsenal season ticket holder.

Immediately when we got there she started remarking on how 'white' our fanbase was. I stated that doesn't matter to me we're all Forest fans together.

Got about 30 minutes into the game 'HOW CAN YOU LET THAT FUCKING BLACK BASTARD TAKE THE BALL OF YOU LIKE THAT!!! SMASH THE BLACK ****!!!'

She just looked sad for me. If it had been my first Forest game I would have never gone back.

A lot of clubs are like this but not all of them and sadly I would say our club attracts a disproportionate amount of knuckle draggers.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    They have the rules in US sports now don't they? Where you have to interview minority groups for a job or something like that... it may seem like a good thing to do but isn't it just shoe horning people into the industry just to make some stats look good on paper so people can give themselves a pat on the back and say 'look, I've done this, aren't I great". I'm not sure that's the right way of going about it.
    The 'Rooney' rule has been a success. It isn't about shoehorning people in to a job and giving it them solely due to the colour of their skin, it's just giving them a opportunity to at least interview for the role. Mike Tomlin is a great example, he had zero experience as a head coach, worked as a DB coach at Tampa and then a DC at the Viking. He got interviewed for the Steelers HC job through the Rooney rule, impressed them enough to get the gig and won a superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldynffc View Post
    I mean if you look at the 2 people who really force this point home, it's Paul Ince and John Barnes both of which have relatively poor records in management but more interestingly both of which given incredible opportunities that the vast majority of managers wouldn't dream of getting in a million years! Barnes at Celtic for his first management job and Ince going from promotion to league one with MK Dons to joining an established PL side in Blackburn Rovers. How often do we see managers jumping to that level from such an entry level where managerial careers are concerned!
    Two very high profile ex footballers you mean? Come on give me a break, you mean like Garry Neville being given the Valencia job? Garry Monk at Swansea? And let’s skew the facts too, John Barnes was with Kenny Dalglish at Celtic and had a 65% winning ratio. Paul Ince had relative success at Macclesfield keeping them up and then won promotion with MK Dons before getting a shot with Blackburn. It wasn’t handed to either of them on a plate.
    You then get Hasselbaink who wholeheartedly is against the idea of any sort of positive discrimination because he wants to know he got the gig because he was considered the best man for the job.
    The bloke who was investigated by the FA for taking bungs? Again, this notion that the best man isn’t going to be the best man for the job but a guy who ticks the diversity box is horeshit, it is simply giving a guy the opportunity to interview.
    I think the fact is football was at a time racist and it takes a long time from racism leaving to seeing demonstrable results. The number of black players is now at a level comparable with white I would imagine, it'll filter through to managers over time, as it has done already. We now have a lot more managers out there in and out of jobs (just like their white counterparts) than we did and it'll continue to happen overtime as a natural progression of where we are.
    Do we need to speed that up for the sake of it? Do I believe that a credible black manager that was the best man for the job would be denied it on the colour of his skin? I highly doubt it personally, I don't believe owners out there think that way and the millions that gets spent on recruiting players from various backgrounds at all football clubs, I would argue is evidence that it doesn't really exist.
    I think you are very very naïve which is surprising when you say you studied this as part of a University degree. Racism (White/Black/Asian whatever) is still rife in the world today, it is just covered up and hidden than it used to be. You talk of it ‘filtering through’ but we have had black players playing here since the 60’s. How much longer do we have to wait for it to ‘filter through’? Maybe these guys aren’t out there through choice or they have may have been knocked back that many times they have decided to earn their money elsewhere. Who knows but I would much rather have an FA that was proactive rather than one who sits on its hands in the hope of it eventually ‘filtering through’.

Quote Originally Posted by LostThatLovingFeeling View Post
    I am mixed race and took my missus to Charlton away last season
    Euphemism of the week.

it was her first Forest game as we live in London and she is an Arsenal season ticket holder.

Immediately when we got there she started remarking on how 'white' our fanbase was. I stated that doesn't matter to me we're all Forest fans together.

Got about 30 minutes into the game 'HOW CAN YOU LET THAT FUCKING BLACK BASTARD TAKE THE BALL OF YOU LIKE THAT!!! SMASH THE BLACK ****!!!'

She just looked sad for me. If it had been my first Forest game I would have never gone back.

A lot of clubs are like this but not all of them and sadly I would say our club attracts a disproportionate amount of knuckle draggers.
    Yeah.

It's FROM YOU, not OF YOU. Tsk.

Quote Originally Posted by big jay View Post
    Paul Williams! If that counts as a proper manager...

I am mixed race and took my missus to Charlton away last season, it was her first Forest game as we live in London and she is an Arsenal season ticket holder.

That was only last season? Christ. Hope you reported the ****.

No wonder you're 'lost that loving feeling'.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    Euphemism of the week.

Yeah.

It's FROM YOU, not OF YOU. Tsk.

It was a quote and I missed the f as a typo!

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Not saying racism isn't rife in the game but does Chris Hughton a hell of a lot of a disservice with that comment and ought to have thought a bit further before he made that comment.

Think he's got a very valid point with the game putting up barriers to stop black players going on to manage etc though and think fair play to him for pointing out the fact things aren't equal in the game.

It takes people to stand up against racism for a change to occur!

Look at the documentary from a while back surrounding the Notts County academy and racism in the game, was pretty fucked up and shouldn't be happening in this day and age!

I can see racism being a big problem for Asian lads trying to get in the game currently and hear that they are being overlooked unfairly.
    Would you have Paul Ince or John Barnes as manager?

Before I am being classed as racist I would love Chris Hughton as our manager.

Sad that I need to put a disclaimer that I ain't racist.. not aimed at you btw.

Last edited by SparkMcAwesome; 21-04-17 at 14:18.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

It it just me or does a 65% win ratio at Celtic not actually sound too impressive given the Mickey Mouse nature of that league?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    It it just me or does a 65% win ratio at Celtic not actually sound too impressive given the Mickey Mouse nature of that league?
    It's comparable with Strachan's record at Celtic. But worse than Lennon (70%), O'Neill (75%) and Rodgers (77%).

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Clarks Tash View Post
    At the time he was there, it was a more contested league as Rangers were at least on par. But it's the making out he was an unmitigated disaster which doesn't sit right.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    At the time he was there, it was a more contested league as Rangers were at least on par. But it's the making out he was an unmitigated disaster which doesn't sit right.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk
    He did seem to have a good record there to be fair, better than Gordon Strachan and far better than Kenny himself.

It's all very well now saying look at Rogers but it's been completely one sided for a while now.

He did ok and can see why he might feel hard done by.

His sacking did seem to be down to dressing room bustups as well but not that up on all the ins and outs tbh.

Wouldn't have minded Barnes to be fair..

As for Ince, some people just slot right into the wanker category and he's a prime example.

Reinforces what I've seen and heard elsewhere.

Sums up where the game is at currently IMO for Asian lads.

There's still a long way to go no matter how blinkered some people want to be burying their head in the sand and making out there is no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Reinforces what I've seen and heard elsewhere.

Sums up where the game is at currently IMO for Asian lads.

There's still a long way to go no matter how blinkered some people want to be burying their head in the sand and making out there is no issue.
    It interests me how people almost always talk about ethnic African-Caribbeans when they discuss racism in football yet usually miss the most glaringly obvious. I'm not saying the two should be treated the same but the lack of Asian players is very obviously a thing, unlike the is it/isn't it debate about black managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    It interests me how people almost always talk about ethnic African-Caribbeans when they discuss racism in football yet usually miss the most glaringly obvious. I'm not saying the two should be treated the same but the lack of Asian players is very obviously a thing, unlike the is it/isn't it debate about black managers.
    I'm probably going to blundering in and I apologise in advance but wonder if it's a cultural thing? Asian kids tend to drift to cricket and are very good at it. I do wonder why not many get into football but am sure if any good ones appeared they would be snapped up purely on ability.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I'm probably going to blundering in and I apologise in advance but wonder if it's a cultural thing? Asian kids tend to drift to cricket and are very good at it. I do wonder why not many get into football but am sure if any good ones appeared they would be snapped up purely on ability.
    That's certainly part of it. My point is more that it never usually gets discussed when this debate arises. I guess there aren't any high profile Asian players/managers to advocate in the way Black players/managers do.

7.5% of Englands population is classed as British Asain 3.3% are classed as Black British. I can't think of an Asain player..