Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal

Always a red

Default Arsenal

Their top price ticket to non members for Category A games (Spurs, Man Utd, Chelsea and more) is £126!!What a f*****g rip off but the problem is the twats down there will still pay it and 60,000+ crowds every home game.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Not done them much good has it?

No trophy since 2005 isn't it? Nice having a new ground, but it does seem to have compromised them financially (even though they are one of the few clubs that actually make a profit!)

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Dancing in the Trent End

Default Re: Arsenal

I went to the Emirates in June to see Coldplay, it's an amazing ground and the surrounding area is great too, pictures of past greats on the bridge leading from the underground station to the stadium etc. But there's no way i'd pay £126 for a ticket to watch Arsenal in an atmosphere so quiet you could hear a sparrow fart.

I'm sure they were boasting that they've lowered prices too, so instead of £35 for Arsenal v Sunderland it's £25. Although if they're charging over £100 for the odd game they're looking to make up the money lost. Wankers.

I was about to type that football needs to 'get real'. But I suppose if there are people willing to pay those sorts of prices it is real. Ridiculous though although I am guessing though that a top price ticket for non members isn't the average fan who would be at least a member and wouldn't be buying a top ticket anyway.

You just can't fathom the difference between the bundesliga and the premier league in terms of prices, atmosphere etc.. Worlds apart.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS Industries View Post
    I was about to type that football needs to 'get real'. But I suppose if there are people willing to pay those sorts of prices it is real. Ridiculous though although I am guessing though that a top price ticket for non members isn't the average fan who would be at least a member and wouldn't be buying a top ticket anyway.

You just can't fathom the difference between the bundesliga and the premier league in terms of prices, atmosphere etc.. Worlds apart.
    The thing is (and this is something the Germans get) that by setting very high ticket prices, you lock out a huge potential fanbase, who simply cannot afford to go to matches.

And that fanbase tends to be the more enthusiastic element of the support, and they contribute to the atmosphere in the stadium.

Fill a ground with rich folks (I'm looking at you, Arsenal) and they just go to be entertained; they don't realise they have to contribute to the atmosphere (which truly is poor in the Emirates stadium).

Make the ticket prices more inclusive - like in Germany - and you have a much wider cross section of supporters who really want to enjoy their day out and sing and shout.

Tickets in Germany cost a few euros per match for some areas and it certainly makes a difference.

TheDude

Arsenal fans are twonks.

"Oh, I've come to watch the Arsenal"

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Arsenal fans are twonks.

"Oh, I've come to watch the Arsenal"
    "Pass me another Prawn sandwich, Tarquin".

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl

"Pass me another Prawn sandwich, Tarquin".
    Not quite! Not the travelling fans anyway. Been to hawthorns and st andrews in their midst.

Plenty of people who were so cockney it was painful! (Lee Mack style)

A lot of the fans can't really afford the cost but love their club and make sacrifices and follow them everywhere. They moan about it but end up paying it anyway as what choice do they have?

Helps when they play football to die for and their travels take them to the likes of the nou camp and san siro though.

Mmm wouldn't that be great #daretodream

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Not done them much good has it?

No trophy since 2005 isn't it? Nice having a new ground, but it does seem to have compromised them financially (even though they are one of the few clubs that actually make a profit!)
    The reason they decided to move to the Emirates in the first place was because the capacity of Highbury meant they couldn't compete financially with the other clubs in the Champions League. The problem for them though is, while the new, large stadium generates more revenue, it also has to be paid for. It's a catch 22.

They have the choice not to pay it. Whilst they carry on paying a fortune why would Arsenal want to put the prices down?

Red til I'm dead

The thing is (and this is something the Germans get) that by setting very high ticket prices, you lock out a huge potential fanbase, who simply cannot afford to go to matches.

And that fanbase tends to be the more enthusiastic element of the support, and they contribute to the atmosphere in the stadium.

Fill a ground with rich folks (I'm looking at you, Arsenal) and they just go to be entertained; they don't realise they have to contribute to the atmosphere (which truly is poor in the Emirates stadium).

Make the ticket prices more inclusive - like in Germany - and you have a much wider cross section of supporters who really want to enjoy their day out and sing and shout.

Tickets in Germany cost a few euros per match for some areas and it certainly makes a difference.
    Thats why I think a safe standing section could be so good in English football. Continue charging the current prices for the seats and bung all the loons in a terrace behind the goal at ten quid a pop.

Atmosphere would be great

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    Thats why I think a safe standing section could be so good in English football. Continue charging the current prices for the seats and bung all the loons in a terrace behind the goal at ten quid a pop.

Atmosphere would be great
    This is what the Germans just "get".

Borussia Dortmund's Sudtribune hosts 22,000 fans, who've enjoyed cheap beer, cheap sausages and - most importantly - cheap admission.

Having experienced all three I can honestly say the "Schwarz-Gelbe" have it spot-on!

Dancing in the Trent End

Having experienced all three I can honestly say the "Schwarz-Gelbe" have it spot-on!
    I knew you'd bring it up again! Stop making me jealous!

Rice XXV

Fuck that team in every orifice possible. Cheaters from the get go and followed by the most insufferable pricks here in America. If you're dumb enough to pay that much for a ticket to see that shit team, then you deserve to have your bank account drained.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonHooligan View Post
    Fuck that team in every orifice possible. Cheaters from the get go and followed by the most insufferable pricks here in America. If you're dumb enough to pay that much for a ticket to see that shit team, then you deserve to have your bank account drained.
    I like this statement. Well played sir, well played

With their global fanbase, there will always be someone from overseas willing to take the place of a local who has been priced out. Go to an Arsenal match and you'll see plenty of tourists. The stories on the stones outside the stadium tell you everything you need to know about how people from thousands of miles away root for Arsenal.

When you have the money to travel thousands of miles and stay in London, I don't think you'd object to paying £126 to watching your favourite team play (whether its Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs) - especially if you were only here for a short period of time. Also I don't think they'd sell any £126 tickets because those big games won't make it to non-members sale.

Rice XXV

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    With their global fanbase, there will always be someone from overseas willing to take the place of a local who has been priced out. Go to an Arsenal match and you'll see plenty of tourists. The stories on the stones outside the stadium tell you everything you need to know about how people from thousands of miles away root for Arsenal.

When you have the money to travel thousands of miles and stay in London, I don't think you'd object to paying £126 to watching your favourite team play (whether its Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs) - especially if you were only here for a short period of time. Also I don't think they'd sell any £126 tickets because those big games won't make it to non-members sale.
    My brother and I saw Spurs twice for 40 pounds just a year and a half ago,and the seats were top notch. We could have got cheaper nes for 32 if we wanted Granted, the matches were against Newcastle and Fulham, but I doubt even big games got anywhere near the 126 mark. For that price you should be able to suit up and start, with a guarantee of at least 2 corners.

And thank you FBS, my hatred of Arse is unrivaled, even by D*rby.

Last one standing

I'm right in the heart of the north London badlands now. White Hart Lane is ten minutes down the road and the emirates is ten minutes by train. Still seeing a shitload more Arsenal tops when really it should be Tottenham-tastic round here.

Always a red

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post

£123.50 top price for members at Arsenal, Chelsea top price £87 and Spurs £81. I feel sorry for the real supporters.

Left Winger

A mate of mine, his dad is an Arsenal season ticket holder (brought up a few miles from the old ground).

However the cost is so high (something over £1200 for the year) that he splits the cost with his brother.

He only gets to see half the matches but to him, as a genuine fan, it's worth it.

A mate of mine, his dad is an Arsenal season ticket holder (brought up a few miles from the old ground).

However the cost is so high (something over £1200 for the year) that he splits the cost with his brother.

He only gets to see half the matches but to him, as a genuine fan, it's worth it.
    This is just for the home matches. When it comes to going away, be faced with the possibility of making a mid week trip hundreds of miles up north because that particular match has been selected for TV coverage. Okay this happens to Forest but probably only a couple of times per year.

Can't remember if it was January this year or last year but I remember there was a situation when all of Chelsea's away matches for the remainder of the season were at a day/time that weren't 3pm on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogAl View Post
    £123.50 top price for members at Arsenal, Chelsea top price £87 and Spurs £81. I feel sorry for the real supporters.
    This is what happens when a football club becomes a global corporation.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl

Also worth remembering that that's only 19 games, too, so even a season ticket holder is paying the best part of £65 per game.

And some reckon we've been paying Premiership prices for years here!

Talk to me, Goose.