Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Cotterill statement

Default Cotterill statement

From SSN:

"I am deeply disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to manage Nottingham Forest Football Club and lead the team into this new era.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time in charge at the City Ground last season after taking charge in difficult circumstances.

"I was proud to guide Forest clear of relegation and ultimately to bring some stability back to the club.

"I fully appreciate that in football a change of ownership can unfortunately lead to a change of manager.

"Despite this, I believe the team's performances last season were good enough for me to be given a chance with the new regime and continue to build for the new season.

"Nevertheless I wish the club every success for the future.

"I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge.

"The matter of my dismissal is now in the hands of the LMA (League Managers Association) and I will therefore be making no further comment at this stage."

The bolded parts of that statement PROVE that he should not be in charge. If he really thinks that the performances under his stewardship were 'good enough' then the man clearly has no ambition or clue about football!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Cotterill statement

I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge
    ORLY

Fawaz don't fuck abaat

Nice guy, terrible manager.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

At least he will be able to get that new combine he's been eyeing up.

Has he forgotten that run of games from November through to February?

I do feel a bit sorry for him but the job he was brought in to do and the job the manager of Forest is expected to do today are not the same. No way could they take a chance on him.

he obviously is more deluded and arrogant than I thought. A near on new record for consecutive games without a goal is not playing well!! 90% of the fans thought you were tosh too Cotterill. Maybe if he actually pulled his head out of his arse he might be able to manage a football team properly.

"Thanks for the money, I'm off" would have been a long enough farewell speech.

Why do some ppl here think its easy managing a football club.All managers need the support of fans and chairmen alike to succeed,and from my experiences over the years watching them come and go it appears that support is sadly lacking.all of those faces that sat in the masters seat cant be bad at their jobs.its maybe time to look inwards on ourself and try not to sacrifice any more carreers,after all we are a football club that has made me proud to support at many times in the last 50 years.

Because of the shite we had to watch Cotterill serve up week in week out. Its not like he was just crap at Forest either. Look at his record in this division. Shite. I hate to brig it up but Billy Davies had a good record elsewhere...came here...did fairly well. I dont think its a problem of support for a manager from the club I think its a problem of who the club pick to manage us in the first place. Something which is crucial we do right this time.

The best statement he could've come out with I reckon. Compliments the fans, says hows proud he is to survive, and wishes us best for the future.

Good guy, poor manager. Hope he does well at a Barnsley type team in the future though.

Don't think Championship teams will be queueing up to take Cotterill on as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    The best statement he could've come out with I reckon. Compliments the fans, says hows proud he is to survive, and wishes us best for the future.

Good guy, poor manager. Hope he does well at a Barnsley type team in the future though.
    This

Ultimately, he accomplished what he was hired to do, no more, no less. I wish the man all the best.

FOREST!

He never acknowledged the fans when manager and if he thinks them performances were good enough then its a good job the owners got rid of him.

Everyone bangs on about how nice he was, I'm not sure
    Didn't do anything against me but I've heard a few stories & he never seemed to care about the fans.
    For me, he hasn't got any right to be angry with the club. He was never brought in to spend millions.

Quote Originally Posted by djnffc94 View Post
    Everyone bangs on about how nice he was, I'm not sure
    Didn't do anything against me but I've heard a few stories & he never seemed to care about the fans.
    For me, he hasn't got any right to be angry with the club. He was never brought in to spend millions.
    Agree with the bolded part. If he honestly thought he'd get to stay, he's a bit deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by djnffc94 View Post
    To be fair, we never cared about him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    From SSN:

"I am deeply disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to manage Nottingham Forest Football Club and lead the team into this new era.

"I thoroughly enjoyed my time in charge at the City Ground last season after taking charge in difficult circumstances.

"I was proud to guide Forest clear of relegation and ultimately to bring some stability back to the club.

"I fully appreciate that in football a change of ownership can unfortunately lead to a change of manager.

"Despite this, I believe the team's performances last season were good enough for me to be given a chance with the new regime and continue to build for the new season.

"Nevertheless I wish the club every success for the future.

"I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge.

"The matter of my dismissal is now in the hands of the LMA (League Managers Association) and I will therefore be making no further comment at this stage."
    Aw, diddums.

Fair dos to him and good luck to him.

Good luck to him but im glad i wont have to see his ball bag face again!

to be fair to the guy he ( and the players ) saved us from relegation, i think we owe him a little, yes overall he was terrible and im glad he has gone but give him a break now

Better Call Saul!

He was never gonna be the right man to take us forwards but we should be greatful to him for keeping us up - had McClaren stayed we'd have been League one next season and no massive buyout cause the prospects would have been totally shite. One of best Forest memories is gonna be a game whilst he was in charge, drubbing Leeds 7-3. So for that alone I think it's wrong to say he's just truly shite - he did the job we were desperate for but now it's time to move on.