Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Cotterill statement

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haverhill, Suffolk
    Posts
    483

    Default Cotterill statement

    From SSN:

    "I am deeply disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to manage Nottingham Forest Football Club and lead the team into this new era.

    "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in charge at the City Ground last season after taking charge in difficult circumstances.

    "I was proud to guide Forest clear of relegation and ultimately to bring some stability back to the club.

    "I fully appreciate that in football a change of ownership can unfortunately lead to a change of manager.

    "Despite this, I believe the team's performances last season were good enough for me to be given a chance with the new regime and continue to build for the new season.

    "Nevertheless I wish the club every success for the future.

    "I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge.

    "The matter of my dismissal is now in the hands of the LMA (League Managers Association) and I will therefore be making no further comment at this stage."

    The bolded parts of that statement PROVE that he should not be in charge. If he really thinks that the performances under his stewardship were 'good enough' then the man clearly has no ambition or clue about football!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    4,013

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge
    ORLY


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    queing up for a cob
    Posts
    4,538

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Fawaz don't fuck abaat


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,530

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Nice guy, terrible manager.


  6. #5
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,941

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    At least he will be able to get that new combine he's been eyeing up.


  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Has he forgotten that run of games from November through to February?

    I do feel a bit sorry for him but the job he was brought in to do and the job the manager of Forest is expected to do today are not the same. No way could they take a chance on him.


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,647

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    he obviously is more deluded and arrogant than I thought. A near on new record for consecutive games without a goal is not playing well!! 90% of the fans thought you were tosh too Cotterill. Maybe if he actually pulled his head out of his arse he might be able to manage a football team properly.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,064

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    "Thanks for the money, I'm off" would have been a long enough farewell speech.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Why do some ppl here think its easy managing a football club.All managers need the support of fans and chairmen alike to succeed,and from my experiences over the years watching them come and go it appears that support is sadly lacking.all of those faces that sat in the masters seat cant be bad at their jobs.its maybe time to look inwards on ourself and try not to sacrifice any more carreers,after all we are a football club that has made me proud to support at many times in the last 50 years.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,647

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Because of the shite we had to watch Cotterill serve up week in week out. Its not like he was just crap at Forest either. Look at his record in this division. Shite. I hate to brig it up but Billy Davies had a good record elsewhere...came here...did fairly well. I dont think its a problem of support for a manager from the club I think its a problem of who the club pick to manage us in the first place. Something which is crucial we do right this time.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,236

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    The best statement he could've come out with I reckon. Compliments the fans, says hows proud he is to survive, and wishes us best for the future.

    Good guy, poor manager. Hope he does well at a Barnsley type team in the future though.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Don't think Championship teams will be queueing up to take Cotterill on as manager.


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    854

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    The best statement he could've come out with I reckon. Compliments the fans, says hows proud he is to survive, and wishes us best for the future.

    Good guy, poor manager. Hope he does well at a Barnsley type team in the future though.
    This


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Ultimately, he accomplished what he was hired to do, no more, no less. I wish the man all the best.


  16. #15
    FOREST!
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Newark Red
    Posts
    4,281

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    He never acknowledged the fans when manager and if he thinks them performances were good enough then its a good job the owners got rid of him.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Everyone bangs on about how nice he was, I'm not sure
    Didn't do anything against me but I've heard a few stories & he never seemed to care about the fans.
    For me, he hasn't got any right to be angry with the club. He was never brought in to spend millions.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Quote Originally Posted by djnffc94 View Post
    Everyone bangs on about how nice he was, I'm not sure
    Didn't do anything against me but I've heard a few stories & he never seemed to care about the fans.
    For me, he hasn't got any right to be angry with the club. He was never brought in to spend millions.
    Agree with the bolded part. If he honestly thought he'd get to stay, he's a bit deluded.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Quote Originally Posted by djnffc94 View Post
    Didn't do anything against me but I've heard a few stories & he never seemed to care about the fans.
    To be fair, we never cared about him either.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    3,288

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    From SSN:

    "I am deeply disappointed that I will no longer have the opportunity to manage Nottingham Forest Football Club and lead the team into this new era.

    "I thoroughly enjoyed my time in charge at the City Ground last season after taking charge in difficult circumstances.

    "I was proud to guide Forest clear of relegation and ultimately to bring some stability back to the club.

    "I fully appreciate that in football a change of ownership can unfortunately lead to a change of manager.

    "Despite this, I believe the team's performances last season were good enough for me to be given a chance with the new regime and continue to build for the new season.

    "Nevertheless I wish the club every success for the future.

    "I'd also like to thank my staff, the players and supporters. I enjoyed a fantastic relationship with every one of them during my time in charge.

    "The matter of my dismissal is now in the hands of the LMA (League Managers Association) and I will therefore be making no further comment at this stage."
    Aw, diddums.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    768

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Fair dos to him and good luck to him.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    2,599

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    Good luck to him but im glad i wont have to see his ball bag face again!


  23. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    to be fair to the guy he ( and the players ) saved us from relegation, i think we owe him a little, yes overall he was terrible and im glad he has gone but give him a break now


  24. #23
    Better Call Saul!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cooking
    Posts
    7,567

    Default Re: Cotterill statement

    He was never gonna be the right man to take us forwards but we should be greatful to him for keeping us up - had McClaren stayed we'd have been League one next season and no massive buyout cause the prospects would have been totally shite. One of best Forest memories is gonna be a game whilst he was in charge, drubbing Leeds 7-3. So for that alone I think it's wrong to say he's just truly shite - he did the job we were desperate for but now it's time to move on.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •