Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: I am worried

Banned

Default I am worried

I'm grateful we finally have an owner, but alot of the Twitter talk is unnerving. I know it's twitter and everything should be taken with a pinch of salt but alot of the rumours are coming from the people that got it so right when it came to the takeover.

I still don't fully understand who's who when it comes down to who owns our club and what exactly are their intentions (I know Fawaz is in there with a guy called Omar...).
    Seems to be a lot of players from the kuwaiti league being linked with us, with a lot of youtube videos to prove their quality (alot of which tend to be them scoring with little to no footage of their technical play beforehand and also tend to be approx. 3 years old)

People are gunna shoot my down for this post as they've only just got in, but I'm never keen on a board that gets involved with on-field matters.

Plus seem to be a lot of kuwaitis getting pissed that we 'think' they all ride camels, clearly not come around to the 'british sense of humour' yet.

I think everyone knows what I mean, but weve all been so caught-up in the euphoria we don't want to admit to ourselves that something just isn't quite right.

I hope I'm wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: I am worried

Worrying for me is the owner deciding which players are going to sign before speaking to the manager. Maybe that's how it works in Kuwait but it's likely to cause friction here, particularly if we replace our current yes man with a no-nonsense guy like McCarthy.

Oh well, it'll make for another entertaining season

Quote Originally Posted by trickytrees View Post
    Worrying for me is the owner deciding which players are going to sign before speaking to the manager. Maybe that's how it works in Kuwait but it's likely to cause friction here, particularly if we replace our current yes man with a no-nonsense guy like McCarthy.

It's not like the owner is going to ask the manager to play the kuwaiti national team first 11 , he's just bringing a few choice imports over to forest.

It's the same with Watford , their first 2 players in are loans from their new chairman clubs they still owned - Udinese and Granada.

Quote Originally Posted by trickytrees View Post

Well we are nothing if not entertaining .. (off pitch mostly)

I don't think fawas is stupid enough to say we bring in the Kuwait national side ... The first signing looks to have some ability but is another striker haven't we got some of them ... Midfielders of quality , creative playmakers are what is required .. don't care where they come from ...

If I owned a football club I think I would like to bring my favourite players in too. There will not have been many people scout these players so they will be relatively unknown - if they don't work out then that's that.

But these players may surprise. In Italia 90, Cameroon were expected to be the whipping boys but their progress announced the arrival of African football. And its not like the only players we are being linked with anyway.

Just enjoy the ride - we are in a much better place than we were. Lets not forget the word Administration was being mentioned a few weeks ago. Be thankful we are signing people again.

Whilst SC is at the helm, and the squad much worse than what he inherited last October, caution really ought to be exercised.

- "IF WE HADN'T OF LET TWO GOALS IN, WE WOULD HAVE WON ONE NIL" - Steve Cotterill, football genius.

They own the club, they can bring in whatever players they like. Ultimately they (as well as whoever is manager) will be judged on results ,so its completely their choice.

As for the 'British Style of Humour'. I do think some of the stuff being said is a bit crass and people should sometimes think twice before saying/posting stuff. It's very easy to cause offence on things like Twitter, so its all about growing up and being respectful.

If the owners of Man CIty can put up with a bunch of mad mancs then I am sure our owners will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    I'm grateful we finally have an owner, but alot of the Twitter talk is unnerving. I know it's twitter and everything should be taken with a pinch of salt but alot of the rumours are coming from the people that got it so right when it came to the takeover.

I still don't fully understand who's who when it comes down to who owns our club and what exactly are their intentions (I know Fawaz is in there with a guy called Omar...).
    Seems to be a lot of players from the kuwaiti league being linked with us, with a lot of youtube videos to prove their quality (alot of which tend to be them scoring with little to no footage of their technical play beforehand and also tend to be approx. 3 years old)

People are gunna shoot my down for this post as they've only just got in, but I'm never keen on a board that gets involved with on-field matters.

Plus seem to be a lot of kuwaitis getting pissed that we 'think' they all ride camels, clearly not come around to the 'british sense of humour' yet.

I think everyone knows what I mean, but weve all been so caught-up in the euphoria we don't want to admit to ourselves that something just isn't quite right.

I hope I'm wrong.
    I think its natural to have a few worries when something as big as this happens to your football club and of course there is a chance that all will not be rosey but the fact remains that without this the football club was going nowhere fast.
    Im willing to give the new owners a chance which is the very least they deserve because lets be honest for all the mystery that Kuwaitis and the middle East bring here don't think for a minute that we wont seem a little strange to them for a while.