Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Psul Anderson again from the NEP

AKA Randy Bumgardener

Default Psul Anderson again from the NEP

Nottingham Forest hope to hijack Swansea City's attempt to hang on to highly-rated Liverpool winger Paul Anderson.

The 19-year-old enjoyed a successful season-long deal with the Swans, scoring ten goals as he helped the Welshmen to the League One title.

His electric pace, skill and eye for goal made him an instant hit at the Liberty Stadium where he won Young Player of the Year and manager Roberto Martinez is desperate to re-sign him on loan next season. Swansea are waiting for a response from Liverpool.

But Reds boss Colin Calderwood is understood to be keen on bringing the player to Forest.

The Reds would be willing to pay up to £2m for the player, although, initially, a long-term loan may be the more likely option.

Anderson is under contract until 2010 at Anfield, but admits he might welcome another loan move.

He feels he has proved himself at League One level and is only prepared to drop down to the Championship.

And being born in Leicester and going to school in Melton Mowbray, a chance to move to a set-up like Forest with a bigger following than Swansea, nearer to his childhood home, could turn his head away from south Wales.

Anderson said: "I'll go back to Liverpool, sit down with them, my agent and my dad and have a chat about what they think I've done this season.

"I think they have been at most of my games and, hopefully, they are pleased with what they've seen.

"I've had a bit of feedback from Gary Ablett, the Liverpool reserve-team manager, who says I've done well and says there's no reason why I can't go back and push for a first-team place.

"But, personally, I can't see myself breaking into the Liverpool first team next season.

"I'm still young, I've still got a lot to learn and I would think a six-month loan up until Christmas will be what I'm looking for."

Liverpool signed Anderson from Hull in January 2006 after he impressed in the reserves and youth games while on trial.

He has two seasons to run on his current Anfield contract and the original deal could be worth up to £1m for the Tigers in the future.

Anderson helped Liverpool win the FA Youth Cup in 2006 and, although he has not made his competitive first-team debut, he was an unused substitute in a Champions League game against Benfica two years ago.

Forest were today waiting to hear from Robert Earnshaw's representatives, after making the striker a lucrative contract offer at the end of last week.

Similar Threads:
    'The cross came in from Majewski, and Blackstock slid in, Gabriel Tamas attached to him in the manner in which a baby chimpanzee clings to its mother' Dexter Blackstock vs West Brom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Psul Anderson again from the NEP

That would be a decent (loan) signing if CC pulled it off.

http://thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/news/Hijack!7188195.aspx

link

aka Famous

The NEP really are behond the times on this one. They have basically just half-inched that story from one of the Swans forums.

He would be a great signing alright but I can see him going to the Swans on a season long loan to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by wemaybefamousagain
    He would be a great signing alright but I can see him going to the Swans on a season long loan to be honest.
    He might be settled there I suppose, but we're a bigger club. Depends on the bloke's mentality really; new challenge, or continuity? You could see different people doing different things faced with that choice. Let's hope he fancies a change

Was back in Melton this weekend for the one and only Melton day
    Suggests to me that he is close with family and friends and if we put an offer in he would probably be tempted.

If we got this lad I think we would have a real prospect on our hands. Just read this though Scroll down to where some Forest fan is taking the Michael out of Liverpool fans that see Forest as a main rival. LOL.

From today's NEP ... basically an update on the Forest are leading the chase story from last week with little actual news

Banned

Now I did hear from a respectable chap, not the type who deals in all football rumours that circulate, Anderson may well be Forest bound.

He has been approached by Leicester City, played the bringing the local boy home card, plus a wedge of cash for signing on. This he turned down out of hand. Anderson has had talks about his future with Gary Ablett ? who is in charge of his development at Anfield. Been told that under the present circumstances his chances of regular first team squad football will be limited.

At his age, he should be playing first team football on a regular basis, somewhere that is going places rather than trying to plug a decline. Ablett apparently has recommended Forest, because this would suit all the youngsters needs.

He is trying to face the disappointment of basically not being wanted at Anfield, whilst making the next very important personal move of his career.

Just to add though, hes a derby fan

Quote Originally Posted by redforevermj
    Just to add though, hes a derby fan
    forest is a forest fan
    or so he says

dosent mean anything

AKA Randy Bumgardener

I like the way the club have built up a reputation as a rare quantity. A big club that gives youth a great opportunity and chance to develop. This could be a real factor in the signing of young jems.

Swansea City could find themselves shelling out a six figure fee if they want to take Paul Anderson on loan from Liverpool next season.

The figure has been revealed in the Evening Post by Chairman Huw Jenkins who has also confirmed that the Swans have been in discussions with both player and agent over a possible return to the Liberty Stadium next season.

Anderson scored 10 goals in a hugely successful stint at the Liberty last season and Swansea have always remained keen on getting a return for next season.

They face competition from Nottingham Forest for the player with club officials reportedly believing that their close proximity to the player's home town may have been the trump card although others have said that Swansea would remain the preferred choice of Liverpool who know the way he would be looked after from previous experience.

And it seems that Swansea are prepared to shell out to get their man with Jenkins telling the Evening Post We have talked to Paul and his agent

"We would definitely pay a fee to take him on loan, which could be at least £100,000."

Swansea did pay a fee to secure his services last season but not in the realms of that mentioned this time around and the Evening Post reports that Forest's bid for the player is official.

Roberto has said that there could be three or four more arrivals at the club this month and it becomes more and more evident that the Swans would like one of them to be Anderson and it does feel at the moment as if we have every reason to be optimistic on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebiline
    forest is a forest fan
    or so he says

dosent mean anything

Forest is a Forest fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack

Forest is a Forest fan?
    umm wired thats meant to say commons

Daniel

According to Essexred on TF he has signed for us!

To be announced by monday latest!!!

winnits

You'll never learn, will you Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    According to Essexred on TF he has signed for us!

To be announced by monday latest!!!
    That post was made last Thursday stating it'd be done Monday (yesterday) at the latest...

It seems in actual fact that it's a case of wait and see.

Anderson set to discover Liverpool intentions

Liverpool FC youngster Paul Anderson is set to discover his part in the Reds' future when he meets with chief executive Rick Parry tomorrow.

Several Championship clubs are intent on capturing the 19-year-old winger's signature for a loan deal, while Premiership clubs have expressed an interest in a permanent deal.

The moves have come after Anderson completed a successful loan spell with League One champions Swansea City, who are also among the chasing pack.

Reports at the end of last week suggested Nottingham Forest were favourites to land Anderson, from John O'Gaunt, on a season-long loan, but he is still unsure as to exactly what the Anfield club has in store for him.

Forest's rivals Derby County have also staked a claim, as have Watford, Burnley, Ipswich Town, Doncaster Rovers and Leeds United among others.

Dad Phil Anderson said: "At this stage there is no story until an agreement is reached with Liverpool and until they know what they want to do with him.

"It hasn't been discussed with Paul yet, but I think it should be a lot clearer by Friday.

"Forest have expressed an interest and made an official approach, but no agreement has been made.We were hoping to have all this sorted out prior to going away on holiday, but the wait has happened for all the right reasons."

While Liverpool's intentions should be known by the weekend, a deal with another club is not expected to be finalised until the middle of next week.
    Link

ahhh the good old melton times

Essex Red is a windbag.

The NEP has re-hashed the Melton Times's story.

This is today's latest offering* * link