Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: AVB to Spurs

Bad Lieutenant

Default AVB to Spurs

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...w-manager.html

Yep, after much speculation it's official, AVB replaces Del Bo- Redknapp. Read something by Roy Keane the other day saying this could be his 'Clough' moment after getting the boot from Chelski, not sure about that but he'll do well, I reckon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: AVB to Spurs

Definitely a make or break moment in his management career.

Rzarecteh Dislikes This Post

This bloke's had 121 games as a manager of a football club and is expected to take over a club which finished top 4 in the Prem and take it further.

When Clough took over Derby he'd only had 84 games as a manager, but Derby were in the 2nd tier of our leagues and Clough had time to lay the foundation and build upon that all the ingredients which were needed for success. AVB however has a set of disgruntled Spurs fans and the cockney Harry-loving media waiting with their knives out if they look like finishing below 4th in the top tier.

Keane's forgetting to factor the extra 300-odd games Clough had in charge of Derby, Brighton & Leeds - and all the contacts & players etc. which he gained in that time - before moving to Forest. AVB's not had any of that and I just can't see how he's anything other than a young manager still learning his trade??

He could succeed, and if the Spurs board/fans are prepared to give him a few years then who knows, but to class this as his 'Clough' moment? Nah.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 06-07-12 at 08:35.

It will be interesting to see how he does but I have to say I don't think he will take spurs to the next level. Harry has finished 4th, 5th and 4th (I could be wrong) in the last 3 years and I just don't see them improving on this without spending big big money. Will they finish above manure, Chelsea, citeh or arsenal this season? I think not. I always believe managers are up against it when the team they are taking over have either over performed or are performing to the best of their abilities because they can only really slip back. A bad start to the season and I would imagine spurs fans will quickly become restless.