Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Sean Dyche Sacked

      
  1. #1
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,845

    Default Sean Dyche Sacked

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18687313

    Just a typical case of "Now we have the money, lets get a manager with a reputation, but not a good record in the league" by the new owners. Dyche seemed like a good manager didn't he? This reminds me of Leicester hiring Sven.

    Saying this will probably make me a hypocrite as we all want Cotterill out for someone better now we have money.

    Still though, it's tight on Dyche.



    MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    22,443

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Most of us wanted Cotterill out regardless, so it's not hypocritical.

    Not sure about Dyche, I was really unimpressed with Watford this season, but they managed to stay up rather easily when many would have expected them to be battling right until the death, so I suppose he's done ok?

    If Watford have cash to splash though then Dyche probably isn't the right man to take them forward. Wouldn't be surprised if you saw wee Billy being lined up - he'd be excellent for Watford.


  4. #3
    TheDude
    Guest

    Default

    Can't see Zola doing that good there


  5. #4
    Weltmeister
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Executive Lounge
    Posts
    73,462

    Default

    He got them to 11th in a very competitive league on a shoestring budget.

    For Watford that's their best finish for a while, but maybe he's wasn't glamourous enough for their new owners?

    Managers frequently get the push when a new owner takes over. I would not be surprised to see something similar happen at Forest.

    „The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

  6. #5
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,845

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    For Watford that's their best finish for a while, but maybe he's wasn't glamourous enough for their new owners?
    I don't know, but that made me laugh rather hard. The image of Sean Dyche in an interview after Watford being crowned European Champions.


  7. #6
    winnits
    Guest

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Managers frequently get the push when a new owner takes over. I would not be surprised to see something similar happen at Forest.



  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    10,649

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    I'm still looking for 3 teams who are going to be worse than us next season. Watford appointing Zola puts them in the frame to be one of those teams.


  9. #8

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm still looking for 3 teams who are going to be worse than us next season. Watford appointing Zola puts them in the frame to be one of those teams.
    Good call.

    I don't think it'll be long before we see the first Ali Dyer style wannabee manager land a top job somewhere. Someone who's never managed any type of team in their life, but who's mates with the CEO, has a name like an Italian sports car - 'Franko Testosterone' - and has a really good head of hair.

    Just hope it's not at Forest!


  10. #9

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    Good call.

    I don't think it'll be long before we see the first Ali Dyer style wannabee manager land a top job somewhere. Someone who's never managed any type of team in their life, but who's mates with the CEO, has a name like an Italian sports car - 'Franko Testosterone' - and has a really good head of hair.

    Just hope it's not at Forest!
    We all know it will be Forest. It always is Forest, isn't it. We can never seem to catch a break. I fully expect us to sell Cohen and sign up Fat Ronaldo as player/manager/CEO.


  11. #10

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Garth View Post
    We all know it will be Forest. It always is Forest, isn't it. We can never seem to catch a break. I fully expect us to sell Cohen and sign up Fat Ronaldo as player/manager/CEO.



  12. #11
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Zola? Pfffft

    More about marketing ability than substance. What a world we live in.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,950

    Default

    Didn't he do ok at West Ham?


  14. #13
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Didn't he do ok at West Ham?
    Not too sure but cant recall any trophies, just seems like a "name".

    Dapper, change your name by deed poll to Brian Howard Clough and you'll be offered Fergies job me duk !


  15. #14

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Didn't he do ok at West Ham?
    He did OK considering the task was at a cash-strapped West Ham where even their sponsors went bankrupt. Be interesting to see how he'd do with money (as it is with all managers who operate on no money and manage to not get relegated)


  16. #15
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Most managers are 10 a penny, they are adequate or piss poor, only a few stand out.


  17. #16
    Best served cold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cliftonia
    Posts
    24,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    He got them to 11th in a very competitive league on a shoestring budget.

    For Watford that's their best finish for a while, but maybe he's wasn't glamourous enough for their new owners?

    Managers frequently get the push when a new owner takes over. I would not be surprised to see something similar happen at Forest.
    He did better with far less...than Cotterill

    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rutland
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Harsh on Dyche, although I wasn't impressed when we played Watford last season. Zola did well at West Ham and revitalised Carlton Cole's career, while getting them playing good football so shall be interesting to see what happens.


  19. #18
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Zola won 28% of his games at West Ham, in all but football this would be deemed as abysmal.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Zola won 28% of his games at West Ham, in all but football this would be deemed as abysmal.
    Cotterills % isn't much better... in lower leagues


  21. #20
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    15,020

    Default Re: Sean Dyche Sacked

    Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Cotterills % isn't much better... in lower leagues
    I didn't say it was !!


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,950

    Default

    So let's #cotterillout together!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •