Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn fans

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Default Re: Blackburn fans

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    Everything about this is wrong.

Foreign owners who know nothing of English football rarely bring the riches that some pillocks on here have pined for for years.
    But also, these 'protests' have got completely out of hand. Even though I'm completely against this Venky's style ownership, what have they actually done wrong? They appointed a bloke who did his best, but they ended up going down. Is that a crime? Have they embezzled money from the club? Have they raped anyone?

It seems to me that these days it's not possible to lose without someone needed to by lynched for it. I shudder to think of the sort of flith being spoken on twitter/in the pubs about Steve Kean tonight, just way way out of proportion. It's only fucking football.

"This statement is false."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dancing in the Trent End

I can't blame them for being angry, I would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn View Post
    Supposed the Venkies didn't know you could be relegated from the PL when they bought the club.

Shocking. Just the kind of owners we must avoid!
    Yes it's very much true,They thought (venkys) that if your in the Premiership you stayed there as it was an elite league with no relegation.

Foreign owners who know nothing of English football rarely bring the riches that some pillocks on here have pined for for years.
    But also, these 'protests' have got completely out of hand. Even though I'm completely against this Venky's style ownership, what have they actually done wrong? They appointed a bloke who did his best, but they ended up going down. Is that a crime? Have they embezzled money from the club? Have they raped anyone?
    I think the problem is, is that they've essentially been run on the say so of a group of agents that have been more than happy to line their pockets from various deals involving Blackburn. Also there's Myles Anderson (son of Jerome, an agent with his finger in the pie), a 22 year old with barely a first team appaearance to his name who signed a deal at Blackburn last year. Then there's links to various third party deals and players registered to investment vehicles in tax haven's, etc.

Pretty unedifying and certainly something which I'd be annoyed about if it was happening here.

Steve Stone with hair

I think the Venkys are great! They're like a hilarious new family of idiots that have been written into the ridiculous soap opera of the premier league. What will they do next? Brilliant.

Rice 34

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Nothing like this
    I dunno, the Birmingham game, that was horrendous and very fickle during the match itself, then all the people saying they wanted MA out instead of Doughty despite all of the chants. It was pretty sickening.

The difference is to me that Blackburn fans protests are a lot more justified but again they are targeting the wrong person mainly in Kean.

Last edited by Beasty; 08-05-12 at 06:34.
    Zycomm Two Way Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman Ninja View Post
    I think the Venkys are great! They're like a hilarious new family of idiots that have been written into the ridiculous soap opera of the premier league. What will they do next? Brilliant.
    You do have to wonder what the "real" motives are behind foreigners buying English football clubs?

On the face of it, it is hardly a sound investment or a sensible business decision.....unless of course the Club is just a very useful "asset" for assisting their "other" business activities?

Best served cold

Now that is a club in turmoil.

I feel sorry for the manager there!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

I found this interview with their chairman regarding the protests. The man hasn't got a clue!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-qqIE8bGaU

All about mid-table

I've watched Blackburn a few times this season and tbh I could hardly keep my eyes open. Boring to watch and not much talent in the side at all.

Senior Member?

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

I wonder if the Burnley fans took 3 months to raise the money for that?

It's nearly as invisible as the shit plane the sheep fans chartered.

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

It seems to me that these days it's not possible to lose without someone needed to by lynched for it. I shudder to think of the sort of flith being spoken on twitter/in the pubs about Steve Kean tonight, just way way out of proportion. It's only fucking football.
    Wow, where do i start with how far off the mark you are.

What have Venkys done wrong? Sacked fat sam to replace him with a first team coach who just so happened to be a client of jerome anderson, who was 'advising' them at the time.Sold off the clubs main assests and replaced them with substandard players or nobody. Addressed the wage bill by again just releasing players without replacing them. Got rid of 90% of the staff who were running the club (very popular staff such as John Williams) and replaced them with half of india. Mortgaged the stadium, training ground and youth setup. Took a loan out against the clubs future earnings (based on premiership money). Oh and the various lies and spin they have told the fans on a number of occasions.

So basically they are asset stripping the club, you really think thats fair? You think thats right? And then to top it all off you have Steve Kean, one of the worst managers in premiership history. The guy was found guilty of drink driving at the end of last season, signed a multitude of shite players based on her Anderson told him to sign, been through 3 assistant managers this season, likened goodwillie to wayne rooney, miles anderson to chris smalling and mauro formica to gabriel batistuta. Oh lets not forget his constant bullshitting to the national press making people feel sorry for him.

Between Venkys and Kean, they have killed what was a good family club. The town and community is going to be hit massively due to relegation, feel very very sorry for those fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton_1988

Yes it's very much true,They thought (venkys) that if your in the Premiership you stayed there as it was an elite league with no relegation.
    Maybe they've been talking to Phil Gartside! For that reason I hope Bolton go down as well - see what he had to say about a closed off elite league when his team aren't in it!

I feel sorry for the Blackburn fans that they don't know what's happening with their club but not one jot about them being relegated!

The mawkish wake-like atmosphere of the post match last night really pisses me off! You'd think someone had died or some great injustice had taken place!

I know Martinez was trying to be classy but why does,every opposing manager have to suggest that the relegated team deserves to bounce straight back up and be back in the premier league! Why on earth do Blackburn or ANY team for that matter deserve to be in the premier league!?

Statements like that are so infuriating as it disrespects every team in the championship and a few below that too! That coming from Wigan as well, who have played well of late and just about deserve to stay another season but in no way could they be viewed as part of an established eilite!

With every team that ever was in the premiersip plus those 20 there are probably 40 clubs that "belong" there!

Maybe this entire post should've been in the rant thread but I also hope Blackpool get another shot at it at the cost of Wet Sham! Bloody "big" clubs and being too good to go down and then too good for the championship! I hope Rovers end up in L1 - why should they be immune to the horrors so many "big" clubs have had to endure.

"Poor Blackburn and the devestating effect on the community losing a Premier League club"

No fuck them.

Though I do hope the local buisnesses don't get shafted by Rovers going into admin.

Steve Stone with hair

I can't bring myself to feel sorry for Blackburn. I've absolutely hated them ever since they gubbed us 7-0 in 1995(ish) to smash our epic unbeaten record.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Dragon View Post
    Maybe they've been talking to Phil Gartside!

<snip>

With every team that ever was in the premiersip plus those 20 there are probably 40 clubs that "belong" there!.
    That is why I think that, sooner or later, there will be a "Premier League 2" to further consolidate all the money in football to those supposed "elite" clubs, and the rest of football in this country will be told to do one.

"Psycho is our leader!"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ealed?cc=5739#

Some more insight, and people have the audacity to slate Blackburn fans for seeing the club being destroyed within 18months. Shocking stuff.

Best served cold

I think what winds folk up about the blackburn fans- is they focus so heavily on the manager. They make it personal, and thier behaviour/attitude towards him is disgusting.

Here some of us criticise cotterill but not (usually) on a personal level, and we've never had (despite what freeforest and clowns like that tell you) an owner so utterly clueless, and purely in it for financial gain.
    We still cheer,sing and support the team/cotterill during games irresspective of how we comment on the internet.

Blackburn fans have spent thier time doing the opposite at matches. Booing kean even when theyve won games, and basically targetting him non stop.

Its a completely fucked up situation at blackburn, and the fans are right to be angry- but the way they've set about trying to destroy Steve Kean is an absoloute disgrace.

Thier fans should be ashamed, and they reap what they sow.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 09-05-12 at 11:18.

Who cares Anyway...?

<Pedantic>

Why do so many people in this thread keep referring to the Premier League as the Premiership?

<\Pedantic>

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigler View Post
    <Pedantic>

Why do so many people in this thread keep referring to the Premier League as the Premiership?

<\Pedantic>
    Because renaming and rebranding makes fuck all difference?

I prefer the Premiershit.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    I think what winds folk up about the blackburn fans- is they focus so heavily on the manager. They make it personal, and thier behaviour/attitude towards him is disgusting.

Here some of us criticise cotterill but not (usually) on a personal level, and we've never had (despite what freeforest and clowns like that tell you) an owner so utterly clueless, and purely in it for financial gain.
    We still cheer,sing and support the team/cotterill during games irresspective of how we comment on the internet.

Blackburn fans have spent thier time doing the opposite at matches. Booing kean even when theyve won games, and basically targetting him non stop.

Its a completely fucked up situation at blackburn, and the fans are right to be angry- but the way they've set about trying to destroy Steve Kean is an absoloute disgrace.

Thier fans should be ashamed, and they reap what they sow.
    What a load of tosh.

Lets make no mistake on how Kean got the job, he was a lowly first team coach at Rovers, not even assistant manager. Venkys brought the club under the advice from Jerome Anderson, who was Kean's agent. After SA sacking (for no reason) Kean flew straight out to India to talk to the owners and got placed as intrim boss. Nothing fishy in that for you? He then proceeds to take a club which finished 10th the previous season into a relegation dog fight, surviving by the skin of their knackers on the last day of the season. Is he doing a good job? Because so far we have learnt he is a sneaky backstabbing little twat who is shit at his job. What next you ask? Ahh yes he gets caught drink driving back from a game. He then claims his drink was 'spiked', utter bullshit and he is found guilty of drink driving. What about his transfer dealings? Ah yes, Miles Anderson, the son of his agent signs and is labelled as the next 'Chris Smalling'. Ruben Rochina is signed, who is the agent involved? Ah yes Mr Anderson who funnily enough reaps around a million in agent fee's when the cost of the player is only around the 500k mark. I'm not going to compile a list of signings he has made, most once you dig will no doubt have a link to Anderson.

But its the new season, Kean had the summer to build his squad, i know the vast majority of the fans wanted to give him a chance. Rovers continue in the shit vain of form which saw them only manage to stay up on the last day of the season. A nice little PR stunt by Venkys invites 11 fans out to Pune to talk with the owners, voice concerns etc. Venkys promise those fans x,y and z, but also should it reach a point where they believe Kean is taking the club in the wrong direction, he will be sacked. x,y and z promises are broken, Kean continues to be shit, but not only that in post match interviews continues to put a positive spin on things and acts as if there is nothing wrong. Heck he still believes in his claim Rovers will be a champions league club in 3 to 4 years. The fans have enough and do a series of peaceful protests, the side is backed throughout the game but then make their feelings known about Kean and Venkys pre and post match. Then shit hits the fan when Rovers lose 2-1 at home to fellow struggles and local rivals Bolton and the majority of the crowd turn on Kean then. Planned peaceful protests are done till the end of the season, sadly it all came to blows against Wigan. Rovers were down whether they beat Wigan or not, it meant winning at Chelsea and other results going their way, not likely. So the fans gave it to the manager and the owners, rightfully so.

There has been plenty going off behind the scenes. By all accounts Kean has had fights with Givet and N'Zonzi, infact Givet was meant to have pinned Kean up by his throat at HT and was subsuquently taken off due to a bad heart or hamstring, the PR people couldnt decide. And now this letter from the CEO gets leaked, and today he has been sacked.

Sorry anyone who even thinks of having a go obviously doesnt have a clue. Kean has not only proved to be terrible at his job, but Rovers fans never resorted to the same tactics when Ince was in charge, who was equally as bad. Kean in a lying, decieving, back stabbing criminal who has to go down as one of the worst, most deluded, obnoxious premiership managers ever to take up the job. I really hope one of the players who have been ostracized by Kean (such as Salgado or Givet) tell all about what has gone on. It really is shocking whats going off there.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    What a load of tosh.

Lets make no mistake on how Kean got the job, he was a lowly first team coach at Rovers, not even assistant manager. Venkys brought the club under the advice from Jerome Anderson, who was Kean's agent. After SA sacking (for no reason) Kean flew straight out to India to talk to the owners and got placed as intrim boss. Nothing fishy in that for you? He then proceeds to take a club which finished 10th the previous season into a relegation dog fight, surviving by the skin of their knackers on the last day of the season. Is he doing a good job? Because so far we have learnt he is a sneaky backstabbing little twat who is shit at his job. What next you ask? Ahh yes he gets caught drink driving back from a game. He then claims his drink was 'spiked', utter bullshit and he is found guilty of drink driving. What about his transfer dealings? Ah yes, Miles Anderson, the son of his agent signs and is labelled as the next 'Chris Smalling'. Ruben Rochina is signed, who is the agent involved? Ah yes Mr Anderson who funnily enough reaps around a million in agent fee's when the cost of the player is only around the 500k mark. I'm not going to compile a list of signings he has made, most once you dig will no doubt have a link to Anderson.

But its the new season, Kean had the summer to build his squad, i know the vast majority of the fans wanted to give him a chance. Rovers continue in the shit vain of form which saw them only manage to stay up on the last day of the season. A nice little PR stunt by Venkys invites 11 fans out to Pune to talk with the owners, voice concerns etc. Venkys promise those fans x,y and z, but also should it reach a point where they believe Kean is taking the club in the wrong direction, he will be sacked. x,y and z promises are broken, Kean continues to be shit, but not only that in post match interviews continues to put a positive spin on things and acts as if there is nothing wrong. Heck he still believes in his claim Rovers will be a champions league club in 3 to 4 years. The fans have enough and do a series of peaceful protests, the side is backed throughout the game but then make their feelings known about Kean and Venkys pre and post match. Then shit hits the fan when Rovers lose 2-1 at home to fellow struggles and local rivals Bolton and the majority of the crowd turn on Kean then. Planned peaceful protests are done till the end of the season, sadly it all came to blows against Wigan. Rovers were down whether they beat Wigan or not, it meant winning at Chelsea and other results going their way, not likely. So the fans gave it to the manager and the owners, rightfully so.

There has been plenty going off behind the scenes. By all accounts Kean has had fights with Givet and N'Zonzi, infact Givet was meant to have pinned Kean up by his throat at HT and was subsuquently taken off due to a bad heart or hamstring, the PR people couldnt decide. And now this letter from the CEO gets leaked, and today he has been sacked.

Sorry anyone who even thinks of having a go obviously doesnt have a clue. Kean has not only proved to be terrible at his job, but Rovers fans never resorted to the same tactics when Ince was in charge, who was equally as bad. Kean in a lying, decieving, back stabbing criminal who has to go down as one of the worst, most deluded, obnoxious premiership managers ever to take up the job. I really hope one of the players who have been ostracized by Kean (such as Salgado or Givet) tell all about what has gone on. It really is shocking whats going off there.
    What a load of "tosh"

Your using speculation and rumour as if its fact- christ that is utterly ridiculous.

As for venkys, they are well dodgy and that whole situation is- however, one thing thats not been mentioned is venkys have actually put money into the club. Paying off all of the clubs debts.

But in the main, everything there sounds really dodgy.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 11-05-12 at 13:13.

TheDude

Apparently venkys have put money into the club to pay off some debt.

Best served cold

I heard that on the guardian football podcast