Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Camp on Late Kick Off Tonight

Best served cold
    Contribute LTLF sponsored Henri Lansbury during the 2012/13 and 2013/14 season, and we would like to sponsor a player again next season. To do this we would like your help.

IF LTLF members can raise enough money required to secure the sponsorship of a players shirt for the 2014/15 season we will give away everything to do with the sponsorship as prizes to those that have contributed (prize draw to decide which members win the prizes)

I dont think camp has been that bad this season. Hes not been up to his usual standards, but thats been as much to do with the clowns defending in front of him.

Id be sad if he did leave, but if he does want to go we may aswell make some money from him and promote an academy player

Id rather darlow go in goal than smith

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Lee Camp on Late Kick Off Tonight

I always miss these - is there anywhere online to watch again?

Left Winger

I think they are on iPlayer?

"Psycho is our leader!"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I think they are on iPlayer?
    I'll check it out - cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher View Post
    Season ticket debacle? Go on....
    Basically Camp had already decided he was moving to Swansea, so turned down his free 15 season tickets for his family and friends.
    After we rejected Swansea's advances he asked for his ticket quota back, to which Forest refused. I'm not sure if this was resolved or not but he wasn't happy! Not that this is the main reason for his shit form though! I do still think he's better than Smith(Who's out of contract now isn't he?) but his performances this season have been shocking imo. I do sort of hope he sorts himself out and has a blinder like his first season with us but if he aint happy get rid. We need everyone pulling in the same direction and it's better for us to take the much needed monies for any wantaway players and build a side with ones who want to put our beloved Forest shirt on.

Banned

Get rid,

Its not hard being a goalkeeper....stick a donkey in goal and he'll do an ok job

If I were Cotterill one of the first things I'd do pre-season is sit down and tell Camp how wank he now looks having conceded so many goals this season. He might blame the players, the tactics etc. but when all said and done he's gone from being a potential Prem keeper to being a bottom of the Championship one, and if he wants to get a move to a bigger & better club he needs to pull his finger out this season.

I don't think anyone is questioning his ability or achievements between the sticks for us, but for how long does a player get to turn in performances below an acceptable standard before he loses the right to be considered first choice? During our incredibly leaky period, Camp was not holding the defence to account which exacerbated the rot. It seems only since new defenders came in was he able to start impressing himself upon them, which says more about his relationship with existing defenders and perhaps Morgan in particular, than it does about the new guys.

If Camp had saved more shots by Swansea when he was supposed to he wouldn't have needed to want to play for them in the first place. Still, if a player wants to go, always let them go. What a club, eh? Those wanting to stay can't and those wanting to go can't either. Is it any wonder we are so fucked?

Interesting comments from Camp on LKO last night.
    I'm not sure whether it was because he was nervous about being on a TV show, but he seemed to suggest that several players were after "better" deals. Or did I hear it wrong?
    I think he meant that they were after better deals from Forest.
    Also, not sure whether he meant better deals should a rich buyer step in, so they are waiting on that.
    Apologies, I was tired and may have misinterpreted it, will have another look at it on iplayer later.

There's only a few players i'd be annoyed to see leave, the rest are average championship players at best.

The main Players that i would be annoyed if they went are;

Lynch, Cohen, Majewski and Blackstock. I Would put gunter in there, but i think it'll be a better move to sell him so we could get someone Like Guedioura and Higgs back.

Quote Originally Posted by goatboy View Post
    I don't think anyone is questioning his ability or achievements between the sticks for us, but for how long does a player get to turn in performances below an acceptable standard before he loses the right to be considered first choice? During our incredibly leaky period, Camp was not holding the defence to account which exacerbated the rot. It seems only since new defenders came in was he able to start impressing himself upon them, which says more about his relationship with existing defenders and perhaps Morgan in particular, than it does about the new guys.

If Camp had saved more shots by Swansea when he was supposed to he wouldn't have needed to want to play for them in the first place. Still, if a player wants to go, always let them go. What a club, eh? Those wanting to stay can't and those wanting to go can't either. Is it any wonder we are so fucked?
    Interesting perspective and one which I think holds some weight. Don't forget though that you had Mr undroppable Luke Chambers in that back 4 as captain, and that itself may be one of the main reasons Camp has been so pap & not given such a shit - because his authority would/could have been undermined by one of this season's shittest players and our wankest ever captain.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Get rid,

Its not hard being a goalkeeper....stick a donkey in goal and he'll do an ok job
    Tell that to anyone who saw what a difference having Peter Shilton between the sticks made.
    Shilts was our last line of defence, and, equally important, he was our first lien of attack.
    Clough reckoned Shilts was worth 20 points a season...
    Sorry, but the days when the crappest kid was picked last and stuck in goal are long gone.

TheDude

He sounded thrilled to be there.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister
    Sorry, but the days when the crappest kid was picked last and stuck in goal are long gone.
    When we're those days? Definitely before my time!!

Talk to me, Goose.

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich

Are you sure?

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Quote Originally Posted by chib-e View Post
    Basically Camp had already decided he was moving to Swansea, so turned down his free 15 season tickets for his family and friends.
    After we rejected Swansea's advances he asked for his ticket quota back, to which Forest refused. I'm not sure if this was resolved or not but he wasn't happy! Not that this is the main reason for his shit form though! I do still think he's better than Smith(Who's out of contract now isn't he?) but his performances this season have been shocking imo. I do sort of hope he sorts himself out and has a blinder like his first season with us but if he aint happy get rid. We need everyone pulling in the same direction and it's better for us to take the much needed monies for any wantaway players and build a side with ones who want to put our beloved Forest shirt on.
    So all the money they are on AND they get 15 FREE season tickets which could equate to about £7k, if all the players get them, theres about £100k or more, let them buy there own its not like they dont have the money, most of us have a ticket as a luxury, they should think themselves very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Spoken like a true (fellow) keeper, my man!