Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: goal line technology.

Default goal line technology.

Just seen on twitter that goal line technology is being trialed in the hampshire senior cup final at st mary's stadium. Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: goal line technology.

They reckon one of the leading technology types can make a decision, and communicate that decision to the referee in under 1 second.

If that's the case, then I'm all for it, because it won't prevent any stoppage to the games.

Even if the technology does work, there's going to be so much debate about it before it can be brought in.

- who pays for it
    - in which leagues will it be compulsory
    - why is it fair that it will be compulsory for league games but not cup games if the host team play in a league where the technology isn't compulsory
    - what happens if it breaks during a game
    - what happens if the referee and his assistants all agree that the decision is wrong as it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wes for england View Post
    Just seen on twitter that goal line technology is being trialed in the hampshire senior cup final at st mary's stadium. Thoughts?
    The problem is surely that if they trial it in one match - what if its a nil nil?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutts View Post
    The problem is surely that if they trial it in one match - what if its a nil nil?
    I thought that, but then it's a cup final they're testing it in. If it's a nil-nil, I assume it will go to extra time and then penalties.

I was thinking about this and surely they need to keep trying it out until they get an incident where 'did or didn't' the ball go over the line?

Isn't that the whole idea?

My only thought is:

About fucking time.

Not that type of player

It's about time.
    But then it took a long time for the football authorities to give in to calls for things like numbers on shirts and floodlights to be introduced. They just tend to be very conservative about changes to the game, which has it's advantages I suppose.