Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adlene Guedioura last night at player of year awards!

Senior Member?

Default Re: Adlene Guedioura last night at player of year awards!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Webb's ex neighbour View Post
    I'd be happy to take him back every week plus clean his boots.

If we could offer Wolves Miller, Derbyshire, McGoldrick, Boateng, Harewood and Findley for him, do you think they'd be game for that?
    Just got an email from Marty McFly: "Hey dude, here's an early Birthday present for you buddy!

"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

In the land of Mordor, where the shadows lie.

I imagine it would be a factor for sure - a footballer surely wants to play, but of course he might get that opportunity at Wolves given they're as good as down.

All things being equal (ie, pay, can we pay Wolves the kind of fee they want) then I can't see why he wouldn't want to stay - but of course, any questions over finances are difficult at the moment.

One Ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

A big factor is gonna be the identity of the Wolves manager next season. Surely it's not gonna be Terry Connor so depends if the new guy rates Pep or whether he's gladly let him go. If so you'd think we'd be in with a shout if we could rustle the money together ..... fingers crossed the ownership gets sorted out.

What's Wolves financial situation like? Do they need to offload a lot of players when they come down?

RICE #6

There's little I'd like more than for Guedioura to sign a permanent deal with Forest right now. I'm guessing little will be done until both our and Wolves'financial situations are confirmed and we know what field we're batting in.

Guedioura has made such an impact on our game since he arrived and you can tell he enjoys playing here. He has all the makings of being an important and long serving asset to the club.

RICE #6

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    What's Wolves financial situation like? Do they need to offload a lot of players when they come down?
    I expect they will need to release some of the high earners and fringe players, irrespective of any parachute payments, to fall in line with wage expectaions and the imminent FFP.

I also believe a number of players will believe the Championship to be too below them and will wish to leave to maintain Premiership status but who knows?

My Wolves supporting friend said he thought Guedioura was a quality player, and he was more than capable enough for the Premiership. Appears that he's just never been able to get a run in the side at Wolves since coming back from his broken leg. I suppose it all comes down to the fate of the club; looks like the club is almost in stasis until we know who holds the keys to the City Ground.

Well, other than Terry the kitman.

I think Wolves are well run on the financial side with wages well below turnover. I can't find a link but I read and article on it recently. I'm not sure they'll have to offload players for that reason although it's inevitable some will leave. I'd love Guediora to sign for us because he's a proper player. Athletic, great stamina, two footed, good range of passing and reads the game well. If we do stay up he'll have been a major factor. The problem is that we have no money and there's nothing concrete on the future of the club so that means we are going to be in for anybody any time soon.

I'd also say that he's a perfect example of what Lewis McGugan could be if he sorted himself out.

Players will have relegation release clauses or relegation pay reductions written into their contracts.

Unlike QPR who apparently were so confident they'd shoot up the table when they spent big in January that they neglected to do so. So effectively if Wolves go down their wage bill will and some players will be given the option of leaving, however QPR will either have to continue paying an enormous wage bill (which probably doesnt fit into the FFP) or sell off players like Cisse for a tiny fraction of the price they were bought for.

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Mc Gugan should be shackled to Adlene for a whole 90 minutes. Paramedics at the ready!

Hi Guys Wolves fan here, just wanted to give you a bit of insight from what I know.

Firstly from the financial position, Wolves are very very strong we don't have to sell anyone when we come down so really it will be up to the new manager regarding Gued's future. When he first came to the club he had some storming performances and really looked the part but lack of a run in the team, inconsistent form and injury put him back on the sidelines for a while. Im sure you all know he broke his leg, since coming back from that he didnt look the same, but in his defense he was constantly played out of position (right wing)

The loan move itself is very interesting, rumours are there was some discontent between Gued and another player a bit of handbags ensued and off Pep was sent on a loan deal.

Now as for the Wolves fans, I would say 80% really rate the guy, he is very unpredictable but clearly talented we all know that. I personally want him to stay and help us try to get back to the premiership but departures will be the key, if Henry & JOH stay I think you may have a chance of signing him as we have some kids that can fill bench spots.

Nice to see him and big George doing well for you, glad you stayed up. Will be good to play you guys next season!

Why do Wolves fans keep talking about Adlene and George, did they used to play for Wolves or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Why do Wolves fans keep talking about Adlene and George, did they used to play for Wolves or something?
    George aint a problem you can have him and pretty cheap too, Gued however is a different story.

Left Winger

Guedioura is class, I'd love him to sign for Forest but I'm not sure we could afford him.

George Elokobi would do a good job for us though and he's hopefully more our kind of budget.

"Psycho is our leader!"

George wants Adlene too and what George wants.....................

Adlene has been absolutely awsesome, he settled immediately and has made a real impact.

George is great, everyone should have a George in the side, more personality than ability perhaps, but that ain't always a bad thing.

Wolves fan

Quote Originally Posted by Toupee4rae View Post
    Hi Guys Wolves fan here, just wanted to give you a bit of insight from what I know.

Firstly from the financial position, Wolves are very very strong we don't have to sell anyone when we come down so really it will be up to the new manager regarding Gued's future. When he first came to the club he had some storming performances and really looked the part but lack of a run in the team, inconsistent form and injury put him back on the sidelines for a while. Im sure you all know he broke his leg, since coming back from that he didnt look the same, but in his defense he was constantly played out of position (right wing)

The loan move itself is very interesting, rumours are there was some discontent between Gued and another player a bit of handbags ensued and off Pep was sent on a loan deal.

Now as for the Wolves fans, I would say 80% really rate the guy, he is very unpredictable but clearly talented we all know that. I personally want him to stay and help us try to get back to the premiership but departures will be the key, if Henry & JOH stay I think you may have a chance of signing him as we have some kids that can fill bench spots.

Nice to see him and big George doing well for you, glad you stayed up. Will be good to play you guys next season!
    Summed it up better than I could! :P It doesn't mean we won't be losing players though - Fletcher's way too good for the PL! Jarvis too, but there is a small chance that we can keep hold of him, I feel!

Like you and someone else has said though, who we lose depends on who the board can bring in to manage Wolves in the summer!

Ultimately , whatever transfer activity we might have will also depend on our new owners , of which we still do not know yet. Until that is settle , any talk of signing George or Guedioura is still just fantasy football talk.