Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 887 of 909 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889897 ... LastLast
Results 22,151 to 22,175 of 22717
  1. #22151
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Kind of ironic that the thing racist pensioners are afraid of the most is... a racist pensioner.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #22152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,731

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Ha! Those German types don't get it all their own way.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48674703

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  4. #22153
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,138

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    It's mad how keeping Corbyn out is far more desirable to keeping the United Kingdom together. The terror he inspires is really bizarre.

    I get that he'd probably make a pretty crap PM, but I can't think of anything worse, realistically, that any PM could do than breaking the Union, which these people seem to be OK with anyway.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    He want's to take their and their friends money and spend it on the plebs. They see no greater threat to themselves than social mobility.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  5. #22154
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,631

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Ha! Those German types don't get it all their own way.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48674703

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    It's exactly those small things that make me so fond of EU.
    It's not the big issues. It's just these fucking small things


  6. #22155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Raab eliminated from Tory leadership race


  7. #22156
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pencey Prep
    Posts
    22,979

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Raab gone


  8. #22157
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Even Tory mp’s have realised what a chancer Raab is.


  9. #22158
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pencey Prep
    Posts
    22,979

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Whenever I see the name Raab I picture General Melchett from Backadder Goes Forth saying it like he says "baaaaaaaaaah!"


  10. #22159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    8,196

    Default Re: A week in politics

    I'm surprised Javid made it through, albeit by the skin of his teeth.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


  11. #22160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    I'm surprised Javid made it through, albeit by the skin of his teeth.

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Not sure he is your average Tory members dream ticket anyway


  12. #22161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Working class x
    Brown x
    Can’t spell his name x


  13. #22162
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,997

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Demonic Raabish isn’t really a Tory anyway. His levels of intolerance and intelligence would be far better suited to UKIP


  14. #22163
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,775

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Demonic Raabish isn’t really a Tory anyway. His levels of intolerance and intelligence would be far better suited to UKIP
    Anyone to the Right of Liz Kendall is "intolerant and unintelligent" in your book.

    Raab is staking a claim for the future, whoever wins this bout might just be a nightwatchman anyway.


  15. #22164
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,775

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Working class x
    Brown x
    Can’t spell his name x

    Thatcher was Middle Class, Middle England and Female and she whacked you hypocritical "outcomes based" Socialist so hard you still haven't recovered 30 years later.


  16. #22165
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,997

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Anyone to the Right of Liz Kendall is "intolerant and unintelligent" in your book.
    I write my own book, so I would thank you not to write it for me. Raab is unintelligent because he doesn’t know where Dover is, believes the Red Sea separates England from Ireland and that he somehow has the right to Prorogue Parliament if he was Prime Minister.


  17. #22166
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    42,138

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Rory the only one not tying to bribe his way into the job.

    Being honest will not get him far but should do.


  18. #22167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: A week in politics

    He should be Rory Blair - Very similar to old Tony when he got into power, his mannerisms and the way he speaks etc. Oh, and he's as far left as Blair was right (in relation to their parties)


  19. #22168
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,775

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by ozthecoz View Post
    He should be Rory Blair - Very similar to old Tony when he got into power, his mannerisms and the way he speaks etc. Oh, and he's as far left as Blair was right (in relation to their parties)
    Stewart comes out of the same mould as Blair, Obama, Clegg, Macron and Trudeau. They ooze sincerity.


  20. #22169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Thatcher was Middle Class, Middle England and Female and she whacked you hypocritical "outcomes based" Socialist so hard you still haven't recovered 30 years later.
    You mean the country hasn’t recovered yet?


  21. #22170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Anyone to the Right of Liz Kendall is "intolerant and unintelligent" in your book.
    You are wrong there. Right from and including Liz Kendall actually.


  22. #22171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Anyone to the Right of Liz Kendall is "intolerant and unintelligent" in your book.

    Raab is staking a claim for the future, whoever wins this bout might just be a nightwatchman anyway.
    Regarding Raab. Surely you wouldn’t advocate him as leader? Ever. I think you are right about nightwatchman. I don’t see anybody delivering anything smoothly. Kind of want Boris in to see it blow his hands off.


  23. #22172
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,775

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    You mean the country hasn’t recovered yet?
    I remember the last days of Callaghan, the country was just about bankrupt financially and socially. Blair inherited the hard work and risks taken by Thatcher.

    If you think things are bad now, you should have been around in the Callaghan years. Bloated Trade Union dominated heavy industries producing expensive poor quality rubbish, it couldn't go on.

    Thatcher put Britain back on the world map by making the tough decisions.


  24. #22173
    Senior Mass Debater
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,775

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Regarding Raab. Surely you wouldn’t advocate him as leader? Ever. I think you are right about nightwatchman. I don’t see anybody delivering anything smoothly. Kind of want Boris in to see it blow his hands off.

    Raab isn't my first choice but he is not that bad. I still hope Javid makes it though, if he doesn't it is because the Remainers all back Stewart and the Brexiteers all back Bojo.

    I don't think Stewart has the support of the Tory grassroots, in which case Bojo could win by default because the MPs know Stewart will be an unpopular wet.


  25. #22174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Raab isn't my first choice but he is not that bad. I still hope Javid makes it though, if he doesn't it is because the Remainers all back Stewart and the Brexiteers all back Bojo.

    I don't think Stewart has the support of the Tory grassroots, in which case Bojo could win by default because the MPs know Stewart will be an unpopular wet.
    I still can’t see past Boris to be honest. I think it could be a Stewart v Johnson final 2.


  26. #22175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    'ull
    Posts
    10,843

    Default Re: A week in politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    I remember the last days of Callaghan, the country was just about bankrupt financially and socially. Blair inherited the hard work and risks taken by Thatcher.

    If you think things are bad now, you should have been around in the Callaghan years. Bloated Trade Union dominated heavy industries producing expensive poor quality rubbish, it couldn't go on.

    Thatcher put Britain back on the world map by making the tough decisions.
    Blair inherited decay. Surely. I was too young to remember the 70’s. I remember schools and hospitals of the 80’s and 90’s though.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •