Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 749 of 750 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749750 LastLast
Results 18,701 to 18,725 of 18732

Default Re: A week in politics

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    .....which explains why Greek Civilisation is always spoken of in the past tense.
    Better had once a civilisation than never.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of insulting people you fucking twat. Oh yes a smiley on the end makes it banter doesn't it?
    He can't even do it in the proper classic British humorous way. Which, to tell the truth, and my avatar proves it, I love it totally.

He places a smiley at the end and he thinks he made a joke.

You should take his British passport away because of lack of British humor and manners

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    He can't even do it in the proper classic British humorous way. Which, to tell the truth, and my avatar proves it, I love it totally.

You should take his British passport away because of lack of British humor and manners
    It’s alright, come Brexit he will be marooned in France and they won’t let him back into the U.K.!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of insulting people you fucking twat. Oh yes a smiley on the end makes it banter doesn't it?
    Have you actually read the insults other people post on here?

I'll give you a clue. Scousers, Tories, The French, Tony Blair, David Cameron, Scots, Trump, Billy Davies, Evangelical Christians, Americans, etc etc etc.

I remember a commentator on TV joking that in an event competitors had come from all parts of the civilised world and two came from Wales. Was that insulting?

Better had once a civilisation than never.
    I agree.

Have you actually read the insults other people post on here?

I'll give you a clue. Scousers, Tories, The French, Tony Blair, David Cameron, Scots, Trump, Billy Davies, Evangelical Christians, Americans, etc etc etc.

I remember a commentator on TV joking that in an event competitors had come from all parts of the civilised world and two came from Wales. Was that insulting?
    What do u think? Was that?

The awkward thing is not being insulting. All can be that from time to time. It's being in denial and refusing the obvious, while you can easily admit that you have been insulting and move on.

Denying this is even more insulting since it implies clearly that everyone else is an idiot. At least have the courtesy to be honest with your feelings and give the rest the credit of understanding what it is posted

Quote Originally Posted by redblong View Post
    He was insulting you. HTH.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post

Thanks !
    I assumed that as well Professor, but YOU didn't actually say it was me you were referring to. That is not really having the courage of your convictions is it?

Please feel free next time to say "exactly" what you are thinking.

Karteo here is a video someone has complied of "your hero" called "Blackadder's best insults by nationality", the clue is in the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFeJzOfvxQ

I don't recall Blackadder ever having a dip at you Greeks, but there were a couple of Jewish jibes in the earlier series. I am surprised and disappointed with Steven Fry in the cast there was not more Jewish lampooning?

Like you I still find it hilarious, but I am sadly sure that there are those "more sensitive" who would call it Xenophobic, Racist and Homophobic stereotyping.

Karteo here is a video someone has complied of "your hero" called "Blackadder's best insults by nationality", the clue is in the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnFeJzOfvxQ

I don't recall Blackadder ever having a dip at you Greeks, but there were a couple of Jewish jibes in the earlier series. I am surprised and disappointed with Steven Fry in the cast there was not more Jewish lampooning?

Like you I still find it hilarious, but I am sadly sure that there are those "more sensitive" who would call it Xenophobic, Racist and Homophobic stereotyping.
    i would find it hilarious even if he was mentioning the Greeks. we are self-sarcastic a lot. i told you some time ago that sarcasm and irony are greek words. you know all nationalities have their pros and cons. what makes the difference is when someone constantly sees to every other cons while neglecting his own.

however, what i find it more hilarious is the fact that you are trying to excuse yourself by raising similarities to BlackAdder.

i have never thought of you as a comedian. however, this could explain a lot of your posts

BTW Karteo I presume you know - Israeli President Rivlin is currently in Greece on a 3 Day Offical State Visit where increased trade along with increased military and security copoperation will be confirmed. Rivlin will also receive an honorary doctorate from the University of Pireaus.

I assumed that as well Professor, but YOU didn't actually say it was me you were referring to. That is not really having the courage of your convictions is it?

Please feel free next time to say "exactly" what you are thinking.
    Well, I wasn't conversing with you, was I ?

And it was perfectly obvious to everyone else.

If you want forum user to have a better opinion of your mental health then may I suggest giving a straight answer to a straight question every now and then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wolfgang Schnell BSc. PhD. View Post
    Well, I wasn't conversing with you, was I ?

And it was perfectly obvious to everyone else.

If you want forum user to have a better opinion of your mental health then may I suggest giving a straight answer to a straight question every now and then ?
    I actually didn't know you were replying to my post.

I do give straight answers to straight questions, it is just that my answers don't conform to some people's world view.

As for my mental health, all I can imagine is that you are both a Psychologist and Clairvoyant, because I never had a consultation with you.

BTW Karteo I presume you know - Israeli President Rivlin is currently in Greece on a 3 Day Offical State Visit where increased trade along with increased military and security copoperation will be confirmed. Rivlin will also receive an honorary doctorate from the University of Pireaus.
    Sorry, Karteo will be unable to go, we play an important basketball game with Panathinaikos.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Sorry, Karteo will be unable to go, we play an important basketball game with Panathinaikos.
    My wife also used to play "netball" at school. Enjoy.

What's this all about then you Greeks?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.576236a5209c
    (I reply on a different thread, to avoid yet another change of subject on the other thread)

It's the Balkans; when it comes to history we're like 12-year olds who stick their dicks out in order to brag who has the longest one.

(I reply on a different thread, to avoid yet another change of subject on the other thread)

It's the Balkans; when it comes to history we're like 12-year olds who stick their dicks out in order to brag who has the longest one.
    What? The thread I posted on was called "US to Trump all the other crazy stuff going on in the world". The clue is in the title.

OK agreed The Balkans has always been a powder keg, but is this going to escalate?

OK agreed The Balkans has always been a powder keg, but is this going to escalate?
    Extremely unlikely, because the two peoples are, in essence, in friendly terms, there's a lot of business carried out between us, and the new government at Skopje has abandoned the nationalistic excesses of the Gruevski government and desperately seeks a path to inclusion to both NATO and the EU, as do the Americans, and as is our long-term interest as well.

Balkan nationalisms fuel each other; had the two countries reached a compromise early on, upon the emergence of the new state, there would have been no problem whatsoever. The rallies in Greece are simply a sudden realization of a loose end left unsettled for decades without anyone bothering, and now exploited for political reasons (and as a way of venting frustration on other matters over here).

Extremely unlikely, because the two peoples are, in essence, in friendly terms, there's a lot of business carried out between us, and the new government at Skopje has abandoned the nationalistic excesses of the Gruevski government and desperately seeks a path to inclusion to both NATO and the EU, as do the Americans, and as is our long-term interest as well.

Balkan nationalisms fuel each other; had the two countries reached a compromise early on, upon the emergence of the new state, there would have been no problem whatsoever. The rallies in Greece are simply a sudden realization of a loose end left unsettled for decades without anyone bothering, and now exploited for political reasons (and as a way of venting frustration on other matters over here).
    Well it's the Balkans, so let's just hope some fella called Archie Duke doesn't shot an ostrich 'cos he is hungry.

Keep shooting yourself in the foot Labour.

"The Young Labour Equalities Conference in London on March 17 has restricted attendance to those who “self-define” into categories – black, Asian and minority ethnic, disabled, LGBT lesbian, gay, bi and trans and women."

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I'm a lesbian

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're procrastinating, get some work done!”

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    I'm a lesbian
    So is Ruth Davidson, but I am not sure she would be welcome at Labour's conference either?

Keep shooting yourself in the foot Labour.

"The Young Labour Equalities Conference in London on March 17 has restricted attendance to those who “self-define” into categories – black, Asian and minority ethnic, disabled, LGBT lesbian, gay, bi and trans and women."
    Don't see the problem? It says self-define, so nothing stopping a white guy turning up and saying he self defines as a black, disabled, lesbian.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Don't see the problem? It says self-define, so nothing stopping a white guy turning up and saying he self defines as a black, disabled, lesbian.
    No that is a far worse crime....that is cultural appropriation.

Poor old Jezza, he does get caught befriending some odd folk.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/c...itler-1.458844

Personally I couldn't give a stuff what this bloke Vujanic tweets, but I sure there are those in Labour that do.

When was the last time a Forest player scored a Jew Goal? Cohen? If it gets us 3 points it is a great goal 'cos we need it.